Re: High Tension

excellent movie.

i just finished watching it and i gotta say i loved it. great twist at the end, didnt see that coming

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

i just finished watching it and i gotta say i loved it. great twist at the end, didnt see that coming

definetly

OMG!  I loved this movie. When I saw this in the theater I was a tad concerned that this movie would be too slow for much of the dialog was in french and to my experience forign films kinda seem to drag on. This movie kept me hanging on the edge of my seat and the ending was a real suprise for me. I loved the gore and it was done very well. I thought it was a unique movie and not the run of the mill typical slasher flick.

Just something creepy about and humorous about a little head from a severed head. Falls under things that make you go huh...   But! the villain in this movie a radiated malice and melevolence with a feral edge, good character.

I'm currently watching this movie now and it is so amazing.  I never gave it the time of day when it came out but after loving Alexandre Aja's other works (despite what people say, Hills have eyes and p2 are amazing) I decided to watch this.  This movie is a lot better than his other movies, also a little more on the AWESOME violent level.  I would rate this the best French movie ever.

Necrocephalis wrote:

Just something creepy about and humorous about a little head from a severed head. Falls under things that make you go huh....

I really liked this movie, there was some great scenes in there, that head scene was creepy as hell, but i really wish it wasnt in the trailer, that spoiled the shock for me.

I forgot how I heard about this, but a few years ago, I knew it was coming.  I hated it at first, but I didn't know why.  I gave it another chance and loved it.  For me, it was really a throw back to Fulci and Argento.

I gotta watch this again. I haven't seen it for quite a while. Hell i haven't seen a couple of horror movies for quite sometime that i own. I gotta watch all of those again.

I don't know where I read it, but I heard that they were going to do a sequel to this movie.  If that is true, I think that it wouldn't be that good, given the twist ending.  What do you guys think?

I like it as a stand-alone film and don't think a sequel is necessary.  Of course, that means nothing considering the film was a big success in its home country, and we all know how loudly money talks.

The first watch I thought it was horrible for some reason I can't remember why now! The second time around, I f*ckin loved it! I do love the giving head scene and the ending! Definitely worth a watch or two for those of you who haven't seen it!

i first heard about it either on here or on the moviesonline site, before it was released in the u.s.

and i have to say, as much as i enjoyed this movie, the final sequel inducing scene was totally uncalled for.

I think if there was ever a sequel to High Tension, it would be a waste. It won't work period and there's no point to a sequel.

Did High Tension have a US theatrical release?  I remember now, reading about it in Fangoria (that's how I heard about it).

I don't think it ever came out with a US theatrical release. I highly doubt it. It on;y came straight to DVD for the US.

I recall seeing a huge picture of her with the disc saw standing in the woods all covered in blood.  No better way to get someone's attention.

Yeah that's the how the coverart looks. There is actually 2 different versions to the movie. The uncut version and the regular version. Can't tell you what the difference is between the 2 b/c i own the Unrated version to it.

no i dont think it ever played in theaters in the US, but you can get the dvd for sure, which i still need to do. i saw this movie on FearNet and i loved it.

If you don't own it yet, I've seen it as cheap as 7 bucks....and it is damn worth it.  I wish I could find the score to this movie.  I've tried everything to find it.