Re: Why they're always victims?

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

This is the only one i can think of for right now.

Man's Best Friend - They genetically alter a dog's genes to make him deadly killer.

I remember being scared of dogs for a year or 2 after seeing that movie.

Reallly. Hmmmm. I know there are some people on here who don't like this movie. But i actually thought it was a pretty good movie. So what i had to do was order it from online and have had my very own copy of Man's Best Friend. If you do like it, i actually purchased my copy from bestbuy.com and it's a cheap and reasonable price too.

well, when dogs are the killers its ok. it didnt phase me in the least bit when they blew up the dogs in Breed

n00b_13 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:

Reallly. Hmmmm. I know there are some people on here who don't like this movie. But i actually thought it was a pretty good movie. So what i had to do was order it from online and have had my very own copy of Man's Best Friend. If you do like it, i actually purchased my copy from bestbuy.com and it's a cheap and reasonable price too.

well, when dogs are the killers its ok. it didnt phase me in the least bit when they blew up the dogs in Breed

Yeah that's definitely true. Same here. But what actually got to me was from the very beginning to Cujo when he got bit by the bat and then turned rabid. Then showing the whole transformation he went to. At one moment he was so gentle that he couldn't harm a fly and then as the movie went on he got worse and worse and became more vicious. Now that was just harsh especially killing him at the end.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
n00b_13 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah that's definitely true. Same here. But what actually got to me was from the very beginning to Cujo when he got bit by the bat and then turned rabid. Then showing the whole transformation he went to. At one moment he was so gentle that he couldn't harm a fly and then as the movie went on he got worse and worse and became more vicious. Now that was just harsh especially killing him at the end.

And that's why Cujo's the best killer dog movie ever.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
n00b_13 wrote:

And that's why Cujo's the best killer dog movie ever.

Hell yeah it is. That movie is so damn awesome.

I hate to see any kind of animal hurt or killed in a movie...just to hear them yelp makes me teary eyed..another movie in which a dog is killed is Halloween when Michael kills Lindsey dog...:(

I just don't get it why people freak out over animals getting killed in movies. (Thats strange to me, maybe cause I hunt). But laugh and cheer when a human gets killed. Neither of them got killed anyways, it's a movie.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

This is the only one i can think of for right now.

Man's Best Friend - They genetically alter a dog's genes to make him deadly killer.

I would have to recheck that movie. i may go off and buy it because i really doubt i'd find it to rent here.

I think it's a basic understanding that, be it in real life or in the movies, people tend to get killed because they're stupid and walk right into it or because they've done something to "deserve" it.  I'm not talking about folks accidentally hit by cars or a stray bullet from a drive-by or caught unawares in a school shooting.  I'm talking about the people who leave a bar stone drunk and drive home when they damn well know better, or the guy who walks through a ghetto yelling "I hate niggers" at the top of his lungs.  Or, as in the movies, the retard who wanders off into the dark to investigate a strange noise knowing full well there's a psycho slasher on the loose.

Animals, on the other hand,  are innocent in that they don't have it coming.  They don't have any real kind of intelligence -- just instinct.  A dog doesn't cross the street thinking, "Yeah, I know there's a car coming but I'm going to see if I can beat it."  They cross a street thinking, "Hey, food on the ground!  I'm gonna eat it!"

And I think it's that "innocence" that makes animal deaths more shocking.  And I don't mind it very much if the shock works, but one thing I don't like is when a film like Cannibal Holocaust or Men Behind the Sun kill real animals on-screen just for shock's sake.  It would have taken all of twenty minutes to rig a slab of meat with a hair-piece and stab into it for a close-up; God knows they put a lot of effort into the human gore.  They couldn't have rigged an animal FX shot? 

Unless you're going to eat it or unless it's in self-defense, I don't see a purpose in killing an animal.

^ I agree with your whole post, Lonnie.  Same goes with children - their innocence makes their deaths especially hard to take.

ragXdoll wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:

I would have to recheck that movie. i may go off and buy it because i really doubt i'd find it to rent here.

You definitely can't rent Man's Best Friend. I don't even think you can walk into Best Buy or something and just pick it up. So you might have to buy only online and if you look on bestbuy.com, it is a really cheap price to.

I guess killing dogs in horror has been around for a long time...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1G2amAeLQ[/youtube]

Piss off Boris, go play a mummy instead of a doggy killer....

Just remembered Bride of Reanimator (how could I forget that???)  But that wasn't so bad cause I actually liked him better when he came back.  "shake boy shake!"

LoudLon wrote:

I think it's a basic understanding that, be it in real life or in the movies, people tend to get killed because they're stupid and walk right into it or because they've done something to "deserve" it.  I'm not talking about folks accidentally hit by cars or a stray bullet from a drive-by or caught unawares in a school shooting.  I'm talking about the people who leave a bar stone drunk and drive home when they damn well know better, or the guy who walks through a ghetto yelling "I hate niggers" at the top of his lungs.  Or, as in the movies, the retard who wanders off into the dark to investigate a strange noise knowing full well there's a psycho slasher on the loose.

Animals, on the other hand,  are innocent in that they don't have it coming.  They don't have any real kind of intelligence -- just instinct.  A dog doesn't cross the street thinking, "Yeah, I know there's a car coming but I'm going to see if I can beat it."  They cross a street thinking, "Hey, food on the ground!  I'm gonna eat it!"

And I think it's that "innocence" that makes animal deaths more shocking.  And I don't mind it very much if the shock works, but one thing I don't like is when a film like Cannibal Holocaust or Men Behind the Sun kill real animals on-screen just for shock's sake.  It would have taken all of twenty minutes to rig a slab of meat with a hair-piece and stab into it for a close-up; God knows they put a lot of effort into the human gore.  They couldn't have rigged an animal FX shot? 

Unless you're going to eat it or unless it's in self-defense, I don't see a purpose in killing an animal.

Dead on, Honey.   In general, I don't bat an eye when people get killed but animals are a whole other story.  Like poor Pippet in Jaws.  That death has haunted me since I was little.  On the other ones, I wanted the shark to win.  LOL

There is also Rambo where the two dobermans are killed.

and, Stephen King's, "The Stand" where the old man (Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High) had the retreiver. (can't remember if he was injured though)