Topic: DAY OF THE DEAD TRAILER

On moviesonline.ca they have a trailer to day of the dead but too bad for me i dont have quicktime so leave some feedback and telll me how it was http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10242.html

Re: DAY OF THE DEAD TRAILER

Here is my thoughts" if it is not broke don't fix it." The trailer was awful . It reminded me of a one of the many return of the living dead series. Zombies do not jump from windows and hit the ground running ! A mainstream movie with a shallow plot line. Horror movie fans beware..........

Yea we got the news up.. You can see my comments on the trailer within..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6767.html

Though with a budget of nearly twenty million dollars, looks like a three million dollar Sci-Fi original film.  And if you’re like me and spends many Saturdays watching Sci-Fi to hopefully numb the pain from a long and stressful week…we know many of their original films are very bad. 

But, as we all know already that the Day remake had another strike against it, being produced by James and Robert Dudelson, both of whom created Day of the Dead 2: Contagium, which has nothing to do with Romero’s movies.  So...not entirly suprising it looks ilke crap.  But still with a nice budget it boggles the mind how it looks so bad.  They will probably put a polish and some filters on it before April. 

But, from the trailer...this isn't a Day of the Dead remake...its a generic zombie film with the title Day of the Dead put on top of it.  No passing resemblance between both films from what I have seen.  Zombies from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?  I feel sorry for Romero, gotta suck to see your creation turned into drek like that. 

I read on IMDB that something more dangerous lurks inside the base...now, either they are stating that the people grow more paranoid...or (I wouldn't be surprised if they did) have some kind of mutant monster.

Despite the fact this is going to be shit, I know its probably gonna do well enough in theaters to get its budget back and maybe get a few mil extra.  Or, it might be so bad it might go direct to DVD.

i was looking forward to this flick.... that trailer ruined it for me, it looks like a straight to dvd flick... i hope that wasnt an official trailer.

Am I the only one who can't see the trailer. It just goes to a page not found site.

Your not the only one Greg. Mine does the same thing, From what everyone says though i might just count this as a blessing, I've had a bad day as it is, And i don't wont to watch something that will put me in a worser mood.

Well, I saw it this morning.  So, most likely it is either a problem with NU Image's website or possibly they could have taken it down.  But, I just checked out NU's site...the whole thing appears to be down. 

So, guess you guys are spared for right now.  Day of the Dead...is definatly gonna sweep the Razzies.

Direct link to it on Dead-Central

http://dead-central.com/trailers/NuDayofDead.mov

APRIL 20007 - a Bad month to be a zombie... Fan

Hey guys, I just had a look at the new day of the dead trailer.  Well does not look like much of a remake other than in name.  I have it when they do a remake and rework the dam film.  Does not look to bad as far as a zombie movie goes.  There has not been a good zombie movie since the Dawn remake.  (Can't include Saun of the dead as it was more funny).

How come no one with a budget can make a good zombie film?????   

Neil.

For some reason I cant view the trailer.  I'm not to excited about this film though.

The site is back up for NU.  Slow as hell though.  The trailer is also quicktime.

The worst trailer I have seen in a long time.  The movie does not resemble the original Day of the Dead at all except for the military presence.  But other than that there are no zombies at the time or a cool underground militaristic society with a lab for experimenting on zombies.  This looks like it will be as big of a let down as the remake of Texas Chain Saw Massacre.  I will definitely not be viewing this movie.

If quicktime give your problems they got it on YouTube:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObYs3q4ix2o[/youtube]

Wow.....just wow........

[quote=NeilMHenry.  (There has not been a good zombie movie since the Dawn remake.)  Don't forget about Land of the Dead!, To me that one totally whooped the Dawn remake's ass, I am aware how some of you horror fans had issues with Land of the Dead, And yes i respect your opnions. The Dawn of the Dead remake was indeed one of the best zombie films i had seen in a while when it first came out, Shame the Day of the Dead remake will not hold that same charme as the Night & Dawn remakes had.

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2006-10-23 22:28:04)

Thanks DJ. I didn't think it was that bad. Don't get me wrong, I hate it is associated with Romero, but if it were a stand alone film I don't think it would be that bad. I will most likely not go and see it in the theaters though.

Land of the Dead was way better then the Dawn remake, IMO.  But back to the point, this trailer sucks.  This film just keeps lookin' worse and worse as time progresses.  I have a feeling were in for another remake disaster.  Thanks for the youtube link, by the way.

I agree with Norrock and TiM that LAND beats down the remake of DAWN. 

But, one must admit remake wise Romero's films have not suffered as much as other classics that have gotten the remake.  But, this film definatly will suck ass.  Unless they drug theater owners....this thing ain't getting into any movie theaters.

If the title wasn't DAY OF THE DEAD...it might stand a chance, but it is not going to go anywhere.  And more than likely it'll get either very limited or no theatrical relase before DVD.

With a price tag of about $18 million and probably going direct to DVD where it probably won't sell well...HOPEFULLY...it will wreck the Dudelson's careers and they can stop trying to cash in on Romero's success because of their incompetence.

Its just too bad George Romero doesnt demand the name to be changed because of it being so differnt then the original. Its kinda disappointing...

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

Don't forget about Land of the Dead!, To me that one totally whooped the Dawn remake's ass.

You're joking right?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that statement.

Land was a horrible zombie film. Horrible horrible horrible However, this Day remake may just bump it up to Oscar caliber cinema.

The DAWN remake clearly was the winner of the zombie film battle between those two movies. Now if you would have compared Shaun vs. DAWN 04 I would have said yes Shaun whupped DAWN 04's ass. However, land didn't even try to bitch slap it.

I really hope Romero brings them into court over this.  Force them to change the name to the movie and get the rights of Day of the Dead and Creepshow back from these hacks.  Actually force them to make their own movies and not try to make a career riding on the success Romero has had through his hard work.   

I have to disagree with you Dj.  Compared to the drek that is put out in theaters, Land was a welcome breath of fresh air and definatly kicked ass.  But, each to their own.

Keep it friendly DJ. Everyone is entitled their opinion here. That said I think the Dawn Of the Dead Remake was by far the best zombie movie I have seen in awhile.

u guys need to relax its only the first trailer but maybe there'lll be better ones coming out so just calm down i havent seen it yet but it cant be that bad

You should check the trailer out sickf**k.  You'll then see what we're talking about.  It's all a matter of personal opinions, and IMO Land was much better.  Something new and fresh cant hurt.  Especially when done by Romero himself.

Yea I liked Land myself as well.. but thats another a whole nother thread.. I think Mena Suvari is horribly miscast. She does not come across to me like a military personell.. They should have went with a taller more menacing chick.. Someone like Michelle Rodriguez or Asia Argento..