Re: DAY OF THE DEAD TRAILER

ok i just got back from skoool and other stuff and i would have watched it at skoool but they blocked it those assholes and to me it looks like it might do good but reallly the trailer looks like a sci fi film it doesnt have any ownership aka univeral new line anything but i would go to see but its not even close to a remake theres no underground army base that sucks

ok i was doing some research on this movie and it appears that one of the producers just happen to have something to do with alot of sci-fi and direct to dvd movies and one or two big screen movies that just happen to suck so im kinda thinking this willl air on sci fi or dircet to dvd

Probably direct to DVD and get picked up by Sci Fi later.

no way sci-fi will stoop this low. I cant believe how bad the trailer is. Its just not cut very well. Its like they just took mindless scenes and spliced them together. I really want to like this movie but im having a hard time saying anything good bout it.

I had trouble getting the trailer to work yesterday, but I was finally able to see it today and it sucked. It sucked so hard in fact, that I felt my face being torn from my skull by the sheer amount of suckage on my computer screen. Honestly, this looks worse than I had originally expected, and I wasn't expecting much then.

Well as I see by the statements I was clearly right when I mentioned that the Dawn remake was hands about most others in the past few years. Yes Shaun of the dead was better but more funny not what I think of a a good scary zombie film.
   I did like Land but it was just not what it should have been coming from Romero.  I also think that its time to do away with big budget remakes with famous actors.  all the good ones of the past has no bodies.  Lets go back to that.

I will say that Land had some good zombie fx and muching on people scenes, but for me the Running zombies in Dawn were cool.  Just a nice twist.

I do think its a bit early to fully judge the new day film but yes it does not look like it will do any justice to the name its been given.

Neil

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I really hope Romero brings them into court over this.  Force them to change the name to the movie and get the rights of Day of the Dead and Creepshow back from these hacks.  Actually force them to make their own movies and not try to make a career riding on the success Romero has had through his hard work.

I was thinking the same thing. These people are using Romero's reputation to try and launch their own careers. How pathetic. I sincerely hope this fails miserably and is a nail in the coffin of the current remake trend.

Just watched the trailer, Can anyone tell me did you see anything about it (Besides the trops) that resembled the classic in any kinda way?, I did not see a damn thing, & as for the movie alone (Take the name away)it still looks like something Uwe Boll would pull out of his ass to try to make a comeback in the zombie world (Like he was ever there to start off with). I have often wondered if anyone has ever thought to ask Romero what he thought of Ana Clavell & James Dudelson and how they are using his reputation to launch shitty flicks, I would love to see what he would say.

I do hope it is the end of the remake trend Nosferatu, but I doubt it as it would just be a minor bump.  So, unless Romero sues and creates a whirlwind (i can basically guarentee full support from his fanbase and the horror community) about this, I don't think it would stop the remakes.  But, Romero sueing would make companies think twice about remaking classics because the original creators might go after them.

And Norrock, ain't nothing linking this one to the original spare for the name.  And imo, Uwe Boll probably do something a lot better...there is no excuse here for zombies from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

And thats a good point, someone should ask Romero what he thinks.  I doubt its anything positive about them.

NeilMHenry wrote:

all the good ones of the past has no bodies. Neil

What?!  THere were bodies all over! Didn't you see them walking all over the place?  big_smile

i think this is the first movie to day of the dead 2 cuz he could see that the zombie outbreak is like the one is day of the dead 2 with the blood coming from their noses and like a flu type sickness when thats not what it really is its a sickness where they cant walk by themselves this is gonnan be a  very very bad remake to a classic and i thoguth dawn of the dead was bad at least that one had a similar plot this one has just the names of some of the people and the name it is sooooo gay

did i see the evil dead chick in that trailer? lol hopfully this trailer doesent do it justice! cause it just looks "average" really

Ok, you know going in that it's not a Romero flick.  And generally, the worse the trailer, the better the flick.   

Miner's a solid director if not an auteur, so I'm going in with diminished expectations, hoping for a surprise.

If Romero would sue he would lose.. No matter how much we hate this remake they have the rights. He has no grounds to sue on.. I'm just hoping this falls flat..

As for the end of remakes are you guys kidding? They are planing remakes to The Hitcher, The Birds, Near Dark, countless Asian movies, The Changeling and The Entity.. Remakes are here and aren't going away anytime soon..

the trailer for this film is now the most watched trailer on TerrorFeed. http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … 006-Teaser You decide if that is for pleasure or pain.

We might just have a lot of folks training to become Cenobites.

Heh I haven't watched it since it launched but I can see why people do.. Its so awesomely bad that it makes people feel like they could have cut a better trailer for the film..

not too pretty, still looks better than Night of the Living Dead 3d though....Perhaps they should call it 28 Sequels Later.....

that trailor was horrible..it sucks I was looking for a goodie but this is gonna dive bomb back to hell..:(

Let that be a lesson to all who try and fuck with Romero's work... Savini and Snyder are off the hook... for now!

i must say, there is argument on which movie is better and which is worse.  This makes me laugh..someone said zombies can't jump out of windows and start running...well, zombies don't learn either, making Land of the Dead a joke, and a half assed attempt at wasting more money and time.  Zombies decompose, their brains are rotting, they DON'T LEARN!  So, Day of the Dead is not that far from being as unbelievable as Land of the Dead.  Personally, i think i will wait for DotD to hit dvd, as i did with LotD.  Dawn of the dead was great though.

sickf**k wrote:

i think this is the first movie to day of the dead 2 cuz he could see that the zombie outbreak is like the one is day of the dead 2 with the blood coming from their noses and like a flu type sickness when thats not what it really is its a sickness where they cant walk by themselves this is gonnan be a  very very bad remake to a classic and i thoguth dawn of the dead was bad at least that one had a similar plot this one has just the names of some of the people and the name it is sooooo gay

How about we keep the gay bashing out of the forums.  You may find it a nice way to describe a bad thing, but frankly it is insulting.  I will report people for using poor word use on here  such as "that's Jewish" "that's gay" et cetera.  if you choose to be using such words, please go to the Baptist chat on yahoo.  They will welcome you.

Another remake ! WHY???? Why not be creative  and imaginative? You can make allusions to films from the past like a jazz rifff or something, but...  DAY OF THE DEAD was considered a big disapointment in 1985. However, I saw it on sci-fi recently and quite liked it. It had all the classic Romero elements; on the other hand, Romero may get a royalty check.  That would be the only good thing;  he could then do an original film or even a derivitive film, as long as it's good.  Remakes are just a way for the suits to sucker people in and cash checks. Question: was this the last time Tom Savini worked with Romero?