Re: What show would you like to see return?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Millenium,  X-files, Night Gallery, Tales From The Darkside, Alf, Daria

Yes, yes, yes, yes, Nooooooo, and what?

Farscape, Firefly, and Freaks & Geeks. Three shows that never should have been canceled in the first place but were victims of network bullshit. Forever leaves a bad taste in my mouth, these were great shows and I'd love to see them come back.

Firefly
Cowboy Bebop

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Elvira. they re pulled the plug on it here!

I miss Get Smart reruns. I dont have a channel that shows it. It must be on somehere on tv. That was my fav at a time in time tongue

Captain Nice.
By the Creators of Get Smart, Written by Buck Henry. Funny. Only went one season on NBC. Much funnier than Mrister Terrific which was on CBS?
Police Woman Candy Cane was played by Paula Prentiss' sister, Ann.
As a side-note, in 1998 Ann went nuts and was busted for threatening Richard Benjamin, Paula's husband, and hiring a hitman. http://i.imgur.com/PjYGx.gif

Honey west    http://i.imgur.com/NsVIp.gif

Never seen that buck henry one, but you knew mel brooks also created get smart with him too eh?
Whats honey west is it like sugar north?

Buffy and Firefly!

Married...with Children.  Not that it was any good during its final seasons but after over a decade on the air, it wasn't fair that they were flat canceled.  They didn't even get a series finale.

huge MWC fan - remember the introduction of Seven which they quickly wrote-off after fans' disapproval.  Too funny

God, I hated that kid.

One of my favorite episodes was when Al had a song stuck in his head and couldn't figure it out.  The whole episode he's humming "Hm hm him..." and it's driving him crazy that he can't remember the song, so he calls up a radio show host who can supposedly name any song from just a few notes, and even he can't figure it out.

great episode - did they ever reveal the song? I can't remember.
I always assumed it was "I Will Follow Him"

the munsters!

Firefly (Serenity).

Kenan and Kel

anything from nicolodeon from the 90's, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, tales from the darkside, My so-called life, Golden girls , boy meets world, Medium I could go on and on....

Hector's House

I dunno about bring back but shows that shouldn't of never ended (cancel or whatever)...

VR5

Millennium

Carneva'le

(ShowTime's) Street-Smart

(ShowTime's) Fat Actress

(HBO's) Deadwood

Prophet

Star Trek: NG

Star Trek: DS9

Babylon 5

The X-Files (probably the longest running of the list, still, it had a few more good years left)

that's all I can think of right now.

is it too soon to say Entourage?? hahaha

I never saw a single episode of Arrested Development back when it was on, but yesterday I was bored and looking for something funny to watch (I needed a laugh) and remembered my older sister used to rave about it.  So I DL'ed the first season and watched the first few episodes.  And man, that show was funny!  I haven't even finished the first season yet, but already I'm wishing it hadn't been cancelled. lol

Thought of another little-watched one-
Space: Above and Beyond.

Great cast, good writing, decent FX, nice plot.

LoudLon wrote:

Married...with Children.  Not that it was any good during its final seasons but after over a decade on the air, it wasn't fair that they were flat canceled.  They didn't even get a series finale.

That show was great till the writers left and marcy took the show over, then it just shit the bed.
you need to catch up on the 2.0 version of the show called unhappily ever after..original writers, pretty funny i think.

Black Sunlite wrote:

I dunno about bring back but shows that shouldn't of never ended (cancel or whatever)...

VR5

Millennium

Carneva'le

Babylon 5

nice choices, VR5 was cool but they also kind of wrapped up the show at the very end, not all questions were answered but it was something.
as for B5 i just want season 4 & 5 fixed to go along with the original 5 year story arc. id be happy with that.

LoudLon wrote:

I never saw a single episode of Arrested Development back when it was on, but yesterday I was bored and looking for something funny to watch (I needed a laugh) and remembered my older sister used to rave about it.  So I DL'ed the first season and watched the first few episodes.  And man, that show was funny!  I haven't even finished the first season yet, but already I'm wishing it hadn't been cancelled. lol

Well, now that I'm about halfway through the third and final season I can see why the show was cancelled.  The first two seasons were good, but toward the end of the second it started getting too cutesy and gimmicky, and lost focus on Michael trying to hold his family together and keep the business going.  Kind of like how My Name is Earl was cancelled when they started convoluting backstories and taking focus off what the show was originally about, which is Earl struggling to cross items off his list.

Ah, well.