Re: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

In Bram Stoker's Dracula, Gary Oldman was quite drunk the night they filmed the scene where he had to lick blood from Keanu Reeves's straight razor.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

In Drag Me To Hell  --
Sam Raimi's friend, Bruce Campbell, turned down a role because he was busy with his TV show Burn Notice

I'm actually kind of glad "The Chin" didn't get a role, as he would have been a distraction.

The book that Dennis pulls off the shelf in the library before asking Leigh out is "Christine" by King.

The hospital in the TV movie version of The Stand where Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald hold up for the winter is located in my home town of Tooele, Utah. My Mom used to work there and while they were filming, Molly Ringwald sprained her ankle and had to be admitted to that same hospital. My Mom worked in the collections department and had to track down Molly's "people" when she skipped out on her hospital bill lol

In 'Dead Silence' there is a scene featuring a clown dummy sat in a chair. When it tells the main character to come closer, a few shots on (when it is from the Dummy's perspective) you can see Billy from Saw lying against a pillar.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8986/35157215.jpg

The grocery market from the original Blob is in my home town, and the theatre is one town over.  They have a 'Blob Fest' every year, complete with people running out of the theatre in period dress.  Mucho fun.

Did you know that Nick Carter played in Edward the Scissorhands when he was a kid?

The two yahoos on the side of the road with the fishing poles at the beginning of Evil Dead were Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert?

For the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, Billy Bob Thornton was originally the number one choice to play Freddy.

Ever happen to see the "Hills Have Eyes" poster in the basement of Evil Dead?

^^ Now I have to definitely rewatch the film! You really notice the finer detail Azay big_smile

Did you ever notice that "The Evil Dead" is on Nancy's TV in Nightmare on Elm Street?

- James DuMont, the lead actor of B-movie horror film, "The Cellar Door" attended a birthday party as a child where legendary serial killer John Wayne Gacy entertained children as a clown.

- Stephen King sold the movie rights for "Dreamcatcher" for $1.

- During filming of 2001's "Session 9" actor David Caruso claims to have seen "something pass his window" inside the Danvers mental hospital where filming was done. He was hesitant to tell anyone because he didn't want people to "look at him strangely.

^^ Now that is interesting.  I'll have to check up on that.  Unless you have any convinient links.

does anyone ever notice the guy in the flannel shirt in evil dead, right when they get to the house, when they are commin up the road to the house after the bridge?

hmmm, not that I remember.  Where was he in the frame?

he is standing to the right of the car, bent over with his hands on his knees like hes lookin for something lol, its very breif... but hes there

I'm gonna have to pop that in tomorrow and check it out.  Thanks for the trivia.

Nope, still don't see him.  I did it frame-by-frame.  What version are you watching?  I'm currently watching one of the older ones.

its in the one with the cover that is the book of the dead, i should have mentioned that...sorry for the mistake....but its funny to see that guy just standin there lookin funny as hell

Ah, I will now have to pull out my cushy plastic book.  I was watching another version.  Get back to ya.

Jack Hill (Spiderbaby) made a student film called The Host and gave his friend Sid Haig his first acting role in it. Francis Ford Copolla went to the same school and was in the same film program as Jack Hill and The Host was a huge influence on the final act of Apocalypse Now.

The director of Vincent Price's excellent House of Wax (1953) had one eye. What's ironic is that Andre de Toth produced one of the best-known 3D movies of the period, which he was unable to enjoy.