Topic: Possession (1981)

Does anyone remember this film?  Andrzej Zulawski's 1981 cinematic nightmare "Possession"?
I scored this on DVD as part of a double-buy on Amazon (they will bundle films sometimes, like a two for one deal) when I bought Twitch of the Death Nerve.
Ironically, these films are nothing alike, but that's another matter.

Anyhow, it stars Isabelle Adjani (I've never heard of her before nor since then) and Sam Neill of Jurassic Park and Event Horizon fame, among others. 
It's a very dark and cryptic film, to say the least, and I often compare it to Lynch's Eraserhead in terms of the imagery and very right camera shots.  It also shares something with Argento in the sense of the powerful use of colors! 

Anyhow, if you are fortunate enough to come across it, I highly recommend it; however, you need to have a VERY open mind to appreciate it, let alone get it; however in regards to the latter, there's so much going on in this film that even Freud of Jung would have a field day and never be done with it.

Has anyone seen it?  If so, I'd love to hear (or rather read) your thoughts or take on it.