Topic: Damnation Game

For those of you who havent read this novel by Clive Barker, Damnation Game is a faustian tale of a wealthy mans deal with a most evil necromancer (wizard but with dead things) and how when the time comes to collect he tries to weezle out, in the middle of this story, the gambler hires an ex boxer to protect him, things get out of hand when the evil necromancer does things to the ex boxer such as possesss his gf (i heard this in a review long ago i believe). The book is also very grotesque since the necromancer obviously deals with dead things some of them i hear who eat razor blades for fun, the story takes place in europe and in a underworld where rich poeple dabble in black magic and other such things which are truly hidioes, the novel has said to show the worst in human kind in some instances. This is not your regular pictchfork weilding devil comes out of the ground in a puff of smoke kinda movie its very viseral

if you wanna know about updates on the scrip visit the following link i uno about you guys but id LOVE to see this movie hit theatres and hit it big.

http://www.clivebarker.info/newfilmsb.html

Re: Damnation Game

im guessing i should have put damnation game by Clive Barker everyone must think this is another video game horror flick like stay alive tongue

i REALLY would love to see this movie made, the last time there was any update as you can see in the link i gave you all was in april of last year they have a script gave it to some executive i HOPE it gets made

maybe they should make this into a comic book adaptation i always thought that you lose less of the plot in a comic then when you make a book into a movie and vice versa.

im a huge clive barker fan from back in the day, im STILL waiting to see the great and secret show appear hopefully on cable in a long format.

there are rumors that damnation game by clive barker might be made into a comic by IDW publishing

http://www.idwpublishing.com/phpBB2/vie … 083142f0f3

i checked the imdb didnt even see it listed on his up coming film list.

Tortured Souls: Animae Damnatae (2009) (announced) (novella Tortured Souls)
The Thief of Always (2008) (announced) (novel)
Hellraiser (2009) (pre-production) (screenplay)
Born (2008) (pre-production) (screenplay)
Book of Blood (2008) (post-production) (based upon the novel) (short story)
The Midnight Meat Train (2008) (completed)

yeah it use to be it use to be on upcoming horror movies dot come too but that was a while ago they said they might make it into a comic too IDW publishing was saying it might happen they adapted the great and secret show and it did pretty good they also adapted theif of always.

thief of always was a great book, just re-read it this summer.

ill have to look for the secret show comics, i havent collected comics like i used to in the past (still got a ton i want to sell lol) but i do try to pick up the cooler horror comics when i can.