Topic: Friday the 13th boxset

Hi, i love the friday the 13th films. I have always wanted to get the whole boxset but have been put off by the fact that ppl say its not uncut and misses lots of gore scenes out. Is this true or not. I just need to know if its worth me buying the current boxset or wait for an uncut boxset that new line might put out 1 day. So is it really worth waitin for an uncut version or are the cuts that small that it doesnt matter? cheerz

Re: Friday the 13th boxset

I haven't heard one way or the other about the cuts, but I refuse to buy incomplete box sets.  I hate that.  Grrr

Yea it is not uncut.. but keep in mind that the U.S. has never seen an uncut Friday the 13th film.. Personally I have never seen the uncut films which have only been availble in the UK to my knowledge.. Maybe some day we will see them.. I hope so.

I do have the box set and I like it, it has all the movies up to JGTH. Considering the uncut versions have not been released here and I have heard no word as to when or if they even plan to, I would say pick it up. It's great to have and worse case scenerio you can always buy the uncut one and sell the other.

I also have the box set and I think it's worth having if you are a fan of the films. I have never seen any of the first 8 uncut anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

On a side note, I would also highly recommend the book Crystal Lake Memories as a kind of companion piece to the box set.

Yeah, I've been lookin' into this set for a while now.  Soon, I'm gonna have to just go out and buy it.

Knowing my look i will buy it and then they will release plans to do a hi def remastered uncut set for next year or summet.

Hmm...if the uncut box set is only in the UK...I would get that set instead, course if I had a multi-region DVD player.  Looking to get one after I get some more money and a steadier job. 

I have never been a huge fan of Friday the 13th...watch the films when they are on but not really all that huge.  But, I do like some splat and gore.

I don't think the UK has a box set of Friday the 13th, you have to buy them individually. They do however have an out of print Halloween boxset and a flimsy looking Hellraiser cube boxset.

Yeah and a bitching Phantasm set.  THAT is something I really want to grab.  Really hope it would come out in the USA with the sphere casing as I dunno how much it would cost to have shipped over.

Oh I've seen that on e-bay golden, it is bad ass, if I had a multi region DVD I would so buy that.

Defiantly...I really like PHANTASM, really cool movie and I love the score.

I think it was only £ 4 to ship to Canada. You should pick one up as they're currently %50 percent off on the amazon uk site smile

I love these films but refuse to buy the set.  If it doesn't have everything, I don't want it.  So I'll buy them all individually.  But I'm not in such a hurry to get Goes to Hell.  LOL

What are you talking about Maven, the ending to JGTH was pure movie magic. And when the one guy eats Jason's heart. Great stuff, just great stuff going on there. (as you read this place sarchasm where you see fit)

ROFL I'll just insert it everywhere.

Yea that Phantasm set is kick ass.. Not to mention they have never released 2 and 3 on DVD in the states.. I'm hoping someday either I get a region free DVD player or they release a box set here..

I figured you would maven, or tell me where to insert it.
RE Phantasm 2 and 3: maybe that's why i can't find em' anywhere, i thought maybe they were just hard to find but if they aren't even released here then.

Um, yeah I realized how that sounded AFTER I posted it. HEHE Sorry for the unintentional entendre.  smile

Don't ya hate that, especially in a forum full of smartasses. I am having so much fun in here I hope I don't get kicked out for getting off subject too much.
o.k. back to the box set, yea it rules, well o.k. it doesn't rule but it's fun to have especially on those days you just want a movie in the background, what better than one of the cheeseier Fridays.

For Phantasm I have only seen 1 & 4 in rental stores...2 & 3 never seen them anywhere.

For the Friday box set....why hasn't any of them been released here uncut?

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-11-02 18:20:21)

um because they suck, same reason i can't find a copy of Monster Squad on DVD or vhs for that matter.

Yeah I had to 'borrow' the Monsters HD version of Monster Squad that's floating around the net and burn it to dvd. They really need to come out with a special edition for that flick. And I won't buy the F13 boxset 'cuz they're lazy and won't give the fans what we want. Uncut dammit all!

Monster Squad is cool.  I used to have the biggest crush on Andre' Gower...if anyone remembers him.  LMAO

i want to get this i love jason.