Topic: Dark Shadows (1966)

I don't think there's a thread for this one either. But is anybody a fan of the old semi-soap Dark Shadows? I say semi-soap because I hate soap operas, but I really like this show. Despite the fact that it hasn't run a new episode for the better part of 40 years (the acting shows it's datedness) I still find the DVD's enjoyable. Anyone else still watch this?

Re: Dark Shadows (1966)

I haven't seen it in years, but I was RAISED on Dark Shadows.  My sister used to babysit me when I was a tyke, and she had the biggest crush on Quentin the Werewolf.  She never missed an episode.  I blame the horror movie kick on her.

HUGE fan...but as the series is being re-released on DVd at a much cheaper $$$ tag than originally set out - I'm going to wait...I watched this series everyday after school when it was originally aired...yeah I'm old - Barnabas rules!

Last edited by Shakingman (2008-02-09 01:54:51)

Shakingman wrote:

HUGE fan...but as the series is being re-released on DVd at a much cheaper $$$ tag than originally set out - I'm going to wait...I watched this series everyday after school when it was originally aired...yeah I'm old - Barnabas rules!

Yeah Shakingman I'm old too. Every day a race from the bus stop to get home in time for Dark Shadows, Barnabas,Quentin, Angelique. Witches, vampires and werewolves!
The best show ever.

Ha, I'm not old enough to have been around when this was on, but I still love the show. I guess that makes me a loser lol

I grew up on Dark Shadows, love it!!!!

Zomboy wrote:

Ha, I'm not old enough to have been around when this was on, but I still love the show. I guess that makes me a loser lol

No fan of The Barnabas is a loser!  wink

Zomboy wrote:

Not even close Zomboy!!!

Good to know::D Barnabas kicks ass!

This is being re-released on DVD as we speak at a much more affordable price than the ridiculous 80.00 plus per set it was asking for in the past - and there about 25 freakin`sets....do the math! hmm