Re: Submit A Poster

haha.... Seriously though i would bet most of your posters were approved and you just did not notice since they dont show on the mainpage in the order tehy were submitted, not approved. Make sense?

I am going to be making it so your posters show on your morguespace in a jiffy. Also remember if we already had the poster it doesnt get approved. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so much and of course enjoy the prizing you will no doubt win as a result.

jmh314 wrote:
Kill The Firstborn wrote:

i apologize for being naggy

your not gonna get good toe tag bonuses for your posters that way!  lol j/k!

*slap*

haha and you thought i only slapped Rip lol

For some reason there's two of the same poster that I submitted. I don't remember submitting it twice but I must have because there's two showing in my morguespace. It's the Teeth (2008) Poster, so I was wondering if you could delete one of them.

Hey Meh. You made a minor mistake about a poster. I had submitted the one Art of the Devil poster where the one woman is puking up the razor blades. But i clicked onto the poster and it didn't say who it was submitted by. It was me who submitted it and you didn't add it to my list on my morguespace.

thats actually happening to my posters, for Sweeney Todd and We're Going To Eat You.
also, my Mr, Vampire poster is gone, and i never got toe tags for Bell From Hell and Flesh Eating Mothers.

Hey Meh, there is another poster of mine that did the same exact thing and i did submit it. If you look under the "B" and for The Birds. DemonToSome submitted the one. And i submitted the other one but it has the same results as my Art of the Devil poster. For my Birds poster, it says submitted by. And it's submitted by me.

how come everyone gets toe tags for submitting posters but i dont? is there something wrong with my posters?

FYI gang the TITLE that says who submitted it is VERY new. It wont show your name on posters you submitted before that bit of code was updated. You got points for it and it will show up on your morguespace listings.

Also remember when you sbmit a poster that if somebody else submitted the same poster we will approve the better of the two or the first of the two. Thanks for the submissions gang.

I went on a poster submitting spree last night since my insominia has been bad and cant sleep to save my life lately.

haha yeah i got a ton to approve.

Yes you do Meh, including the ones that i sent you a ton of from 2 days ago.

I think I accidentally double submitted some last night, sorry to make your life harder Meh.  lol.  I know there were lots of them from me, let alone anyone else. I need to start submitting in smaller groups.  lol. 

I submitted posters from my toys/evil mutant collection:  Posters for all 9 Puppet Masters, all 3 Demonic Toys, all 3 Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Posters, All 6 leprechauns, Childs Play 1,3,5, Dolly Dearest, Several Critters Posters, Several Ghoulies Posters....and a few randoms that I found lying around.  lol  Like I said i couldnt sleep and just started digging and found this whole folder could be submitted.  lol.

yeah but that still does not explain why my Mr Vampire poster disappeared

^ lol Mr Vampire.  I've seen like 4 of the 6....the first was good, the rest really suck.  But the posters are cool.

Anyways, as I keep saying be patient because there could be a backlog.  Or it could have had something to it that caused it to get rejected ie Bad quality, watermark from another site...etc etc.  I have some posters I submitted that never showed up so I assume they may not have gotten approved or were overlooked.  It happens, especially with how many posters have been submitted.  Meh is working hard to try and get them all but theres only so much time/help. 

If you think it got overlooked or something happened, try resubmitting it.  Maybe it got missed or maybe it didnt send right.  If you resubmit it and it still doesnt show up then figure that it might not of gotten approved.  Not 100% of posters will get approved.  And some films, like an obscure one such as Mr Vampire, may just take some time to add to the poster because they are rare and need to be added to the movie database too.

Last edited by jmh314 (2008-02-15 14:18:25)

yeah i got a ton that still need approving. smile But PLASE dont resubmit it, it wont speed it up. Right now I am trying to figure out what to do about QUAD posters. They look so damn cool but our code is resizing em to small.

Is there alot of quad posters out there you guys wanna submit? If so I should code a fix so the quads are not shrunk so much and we can all appreciate them better.

Ive got a lot of posters, but not too many of them are Quad.  Most mine are typical vertical posters.

yeah the other thing to mention here is the REALLY rare posters are awesome, but adding em to the database is what slows things down. We add the film then approve the poster. Just as an fyi smile

hey Meh, my poster used to bee in my morguespace but now its gone. what happened to it?

^Your morguespace poster list changes.  It isnt complete.  Search for it in the poster section and see if it's still there.

no, its not. thats why i want to know why it disappeared. and theres 2 posters in my MS that dont show up in the poster list. i dont know why sad

We'll have to see what Meh says.  He's swamped in submissions can poster codes.  Something on the poster page isnt right at the moment as if you click on any letter to browse posters, they were all empty.  This has been a big project for Meh so theres gonna be kinks until it all gets updated and squared away

Last edited by jmh314 (2008-02-15 19:17:31)

Ok i understand that you love getting rare posters. But this is something that i really don't understand. About 2 days ago, when i submitted a bunch of posters and one of them was Burnt Offerings. And i noticed that you accepted Zomboy's Burnt Offering poster, which in fact was the exact same poster i had submitted. I submitted i don't even remember how many posters but it was alot about 2 days ago and only 1 was approved. What's up with that? I submit a poster and someone who submitted the same exact poster that i did, gets credit.

lol i can only imagine how busy Meh must be at the moment. with a huge update like that. im just curious about my posters, thats all.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Ok i understand that you love getting rare posters. But this is something that i really don't understand. About 2 days ago, when i submitted a bunch of posters and one of them was Burnt Offerings. And i noticed that you accepted Zomboy's Burnt Offering poster, which in fact was the exact same poster i had submitted. I submitted i don't even remember how many posters but it was alot about 2 days ago and only 1 was approved. What's up with that? I submit a poster and someone who submitted the same exact poster that i did, gets credit.

Meh kind of addressed this earlier Nick.  He said that there are TONS of posters still going through the approval process.  He said if two people submitted the same poster, it would go to the person who's image was of better quality.  If they were the same quality it would go to whoever submitted it first.  With the backlog of posters going on, its possible he submitted the poster before you or his appeared to be a better visual quality.  Theres still a big load of posters yet to be approved, I myself have a bunch that havent gone through yet.  But seeing as we are overloading Meh with work as hundreds of posters have been coming through, we all need to be patient. 

For those wondering, if the poster was submitted by you and it gets approved you are getting the toetag points.  It's not like a review where you are getting 8 or 10 points per poster and will notice a huge boost, they are smaller number for poster(I dont know the exact number but my guess is 2...maybe 3 tops).

I have been patient Justin. Very very patient.