Re: Submit A Poster

well, all we can do is wait

ok seriously .... is it the end of the world? I mean I dont wanna sound like a dick... I am stoked you all loved the idea but I am just one dude approving the posters.

there are about 50 posters waiting for approval and the reason is I am still 'humming' and 'haaing' about how i want to have some of them in the database. Its not the end of the world, they will all get approved if we dont have em already.

If your poster HAS not been approved and we DO NOT have it in the database then that means its a really cool RARE poster that we have to think on how we wannt it listed which in some cases means tracking down hte movie, adding it to the database, putting in the release date, adding a cast list, linking it all and THEN approving the poster.

if it was as easy as saying 'ok approve' like some of the more common posters it would be done already. i dont mean to sound like a dick you all know me and I am a laid back guy, but I did hear you and respond the first time I thought smile

quick followup also please do not re-submit the posters. Submit em once only. I am now deleting a bunch of posters that were already submitted. I will blame JMH314 who i think said to re-submit em. Please dont smile

Ok Meh. My appologies and i completely hear ya. I'm sorry and i'll be more patient and not get on your case about it anymore and let you do your business.

ahh well now that makes total sense. im sorry if i was being bitchy and you werent being a dick, thanks for explaining everything Meh.

no sweat.... if anything be happy you found and contrbuted a VERY rare poster that means I gotta get off my butt and do some database updates. That is why you will see lots of other posters being approved. I have about 40 sitting in queue waiting for approval that are very rare. Which is a good thing. Keep em coming, earn those toe tags and make me work.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the NAME showing on posters is new, so if you submitted it and your name isnt on it, dont sweat it. It will 100% be in your morguespace when I am done.

I am damn pleased with the great response to the posters section and believe me if I could approve em all right away I would. But since you guys dug up some great classics I want to do it right and make sure the film is in the database as well. JMH314 has offered to help me out which will also speed things up here

Meh wrote:

quick followup also please do not re-submit the posters. Submit em once only. I am now deleting a bunch of posters that were already submitted. I will blame JMH314 who i think said to re-submit em. Please dont smile

Yeah that was on me.  My bad.  hmm

Alright cool Meh and i thought you just forgot about my other posters that i had submitted 2 days ago. Ummm well then ignore the double ones that you have from me. My bad. lol

trust me nothing is forgotten or overlooked. I have an admin panel i built that shows me all posters waiting for approval... you have alot held up only because they are very rare but GOOD posters. You should be happy that you found posters that are SO rare we dont even have them. And just an FYI the 'Mr Vampire poster' you just submitted the quality was to poor to approve. Sory.

And also i should of taken into your consideration to how many posters you have been getting and don't necessarily approve them right away. I'm sorry Meh. I appologize for going over your helmet. lol

ahh. well now i see.
i dont know how to make the quality better becaus BDD blows them up for me. so blame him lol

jk dude tongue

Well then. In that case KTFB, i'll make sure to make the quality better. And Meh, i am happy that i did find rare posters. Ones that you never seen or anybody else.

thanks alot BDD big_smile

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

And also i should of taken into your consideration to how many posters you have been getting and don't necessarily approve them right away. I'm sorry Meh. I appologize for going over your helmet. lol

Heh, yeah I submitted like 30 posters alone last night.....lol....I have hundreds of posters on my PC and stuff casue they used to be for a slideshow screensaver.  It takes me long enough just to increase their size and check the database for them.  I can only imagine Mehs workload.

No problem at all. And maybe just incase to look for one that is a little more clear. But if not, then i'll see what i can do.

alright, i will do that. im trying to find the best quality i can but hey i guess i will just try harder smile

Alright cool. But if you don't find a more clear version of that poster, i'll take a look and see what i come up with.

thanks very much for doing this for me BDD. if the poster is really bad quality dont sweat it, i'll just find another one cool

No problem at all KTFB. Anytime. That's what friends are for.

I don't see the problem I thought it was pretty well told how to do it from day one smile tongue lol

I really gotta stop digging through all the poster pics on my computer....the more I look through them, the more I find to submit, meaning the more Meh gets backlogged!  lol!

haha no worries JMH the backlog is not that bad. For every one i dont approve I approve 50.

I think I'm down to my last folder.  I'ver made it through the letter D on that one I think.

Alright i just submitted a couple ultra rare posters that you will highly enjoy Meh. Like The Little People, The Tingler, and other ones. Hey Meh i'm just bringing this to your attention, but when i went to click on Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, it didn't say who it was submitted by. But it was submitted by me. Just letting you know. That's all.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hey Meh i'm just bringing this to your attention, but when i went to click on Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, it didn't say who it was submitted by. But it was submitted by me. Just letting you know. That's all.

Meh talked about this already.  The feature where it says you name at the bottom didnt exist when we first started submitting posters.  Therefore any poster submitted before this was changed wont say who submitted it at the bottom.  However, even if it doesnt have your name at the bottom, it WILL be on your morguespace listing.  It still knows you submitted it, but for a while it just didnt have the feature to attach the name to the bottom.  All posters submitted now get the name at the bottom.