Topic: DVD Easter Eggs

Anybody know of hidden features (easter eggs) that they have found or heard about?

I will start with one on the Hellraiser: Deader DVD

To view the short - No More Souls:
Go to the second page of "Special Features" and highlight "Play Movie" (but don't click it), press "down", then press "right" and "The Lament Configuration" will be highlighted and "No More Souls" will play.
Gary Tunnicliffe plays Pinhead

Re: DVD Easter Eggs

i think a dvd easter eggs forum for horror would be awesome. Would everyone be interested in contributing easter eggs to it?

I think it's a great idea!  I don't know of any, but if I find any I'll post them.

Me too, if I run across any cool ones I will let Ya'll know.

i wonder what kinda format we should setup so we all know how to post em, and find em on the board.

I'm not sure. I guess you mean instead of just having this thread, have like a sub-forum somehow, so they are easy to locate?
If it was in its own forum I'm not sure how it would be easier, but I'm sure you have something up your sleeve smile

The Fog - original movie has an easter egg in it. I forgot how to get to it but you click left on one feature and ghost eyes appear and then it has bloopers from the original 1980 film.

There is a bunch of stuff on the devils rejects dvd.

Maybe have this as a sticky.

Dawn Of The Dead - The Ultimate Edition (1978) has 6 easter eggs:

Disc 1 - U.S. Theatrical version
From the main menu go to Audio Setup, then at that menu arrow up, and the zombie silhouette will highlight. This will take you to an interview with makeup effects artist Tom Savini, talking about a practical joke he once pulled.

Disc 1 - U.S. Theatrical version
From the Main Menu, go to Extras menu, and from there arrow up to highlight the zombie. This takes you to an interview with Chris Romero about how she met her husband, George A. Romero.

Disc 2 - Extended Version
From the Main Menu, go to Extras, then choose Commentaries. From that menu arrow left to highlight the zombie and this takes you to an interview with effects artist Greg Nicotero.

Disc 2 - Extended Version
From the Main Menu, go to Extras, then choose Still Galleries. Highlight Main Menu, and right arrow to highlight a zombie silhouette. Press enter to see an interview with Gaylen Ross about an incident on the set.

Disc 3 - European Version
From the Main Menu, go to Extras, then choose Trailers. Then highlight Main Menu and left arrow to highlight a zombie silhouette. Press enter to watch an interview with the man who played the "Screwdriver Zombie".

Disc 4 - Documentaries
From the Main Menu, left arrow to highlight a zombie and press enter to watch a video of a buddhist who talks about Dawn of the Dead.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Maybe have this as a sticky.

Your wish is granted.;)

i never discovered any easter eggs sad

The Beyond - has a couple easter eggs:

"Cat In The Brain" trailer -
From the main menu, go to Extras. Click on "Images From The Beyond". Go down to Extras, then left arrow, to highlight symbol. Press enter to see a trailer for Lucio Fulci's film Cat In The Brain.

Watch the original US Opening of The Beyond -
From the main menu, go to Audio Setup. Go down to Resume, then arrow left to highlight symbol. Press enter to access the original opening of the 1981 US version of The Beyond, entitled Seven Doors of Death, directed by Louis Fuller, which is one of the pseudonyms Lucio Fulci used in the US.

Thanks DTS for that info on The Beyond. I will check it out.

I only knew of the extra on the Docu disk for the Dawn of the Dead - The Ultimate Edition...  Thanks for all of the rest on those disks Demon.

ok, its not dvd, but my vhs copy of thir13en ghosts has a makeup and special effects documentary thing after the credits.

I found one for "House of 1000 Corpses".  Go to the play button in the main menu, then click up or click down until you are at the bottom option, then click right and it will reveal a clip of all the main characters dancing in front of a green screen.

Oh yeah how could i forget.

The Ring - 1 Easter Egg

As soon as you're on the main menu, keep on movie the arrow on your remote until on the screen there's nothing highlighted and press enter on your remote control. Now you'll be able to watch the exact video that was show that what everyone in the movie was watching and after they watch it, the phone rings. You know the premise behind it. But you'll be able to watch it for yourself.

I knew about this site for a long time and forgot about it. But here's a site if you're interested in finding all the easter eggs out there:

http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/showTitles.php

Here's a cool one. I just watched Zombie and messed around lookin for eggs and found one. It has 9 trailers of Fulci films.

Zombie (Zombi 2) - Blue Underground DVD

From the main menu, click on Extras. Go down and highlight Poster & Stills Gallery then arrow right to highlight a zombie head. Click on it to get to Fulci trailers of his movies.
It's cool to just click on Play All to let them all play through.

Dead Beat at Dawn easter egg:

On the menu page, press the direction button until you highlight the knife on Jim Van Bebber's back; press enter and it'll take you to a Skinny Puppy video Van Bebber directed.

House of 1000 Corpses:

Go into the Scene selection to #11, "Shit Ten Bricks", and hit the right arrow on your DVD remote, you get Baby, Captain Spaulding and Otis doing a pyramid cheer in front of a green screen.

All I have for now since I'm at work.

Jsin

Killer Klowns from Outer Space- you can highlight the popcorn kernals on the main screen and access Klown auditions..Fun!

i guess im in the minority here but i cant stand easter eggs on dvds, if theres something to see on the disc i want to just click on it and watch, not root around for some hidden menu or some special graphic to pop up.

i already paid for it i dont want to have to work on finding my entertainment.

the only easter eggs i looked forward to finding was the chronological version of memento on the 2 disc special edition. because that film kicks so much ass!

the best ever easter egg though has to be kevin smith on mallrats, when you find it he berates you for wasting your time trying to find easter eggs.

cannibal holocaust-disc2-select-necrophagia video- press left=cult-con 2000
  (grindhouse)                     -interviews-select alan yates press left=hunt for alan
                                              -dvd credits-last page press down=cannibal holocaust re-
                                                release in penns .

last house on dead end street-disc2-select 05-23-88 press up=commentary.
(HARD corps aus. same as barrel version?)

the Janitor (elite disc)-deleted scenes-select more mr. bouillabaisse press right=  gummy bear molestation,when you get bored w/ it press menu and get directed to another EE)

Special DeaD-select special button press down=retard sing along