Re: What makes you happy right now?

They maybe snow on they way, just for me,  lol

I'm BURIED in that crap snow. lol

I'm preparing an old homemade chilli recipe.

The house smells sooooo good. smile

Thanks guys, it is pretty awesome! big_smile

Woooooooooooooo IT'S FREAKING PAY DAY!!! Money, money, money, money, H3LL yeah!!! Best day of the month is always this. big_smile

Sweet! Having a bit of a post-exam chill, few days off before the next semester. Sooo good to just sit back, have something on, and have a cold drink. It's all about the little things.

Indeed, just like now, spent 150$ but like you say only that made me happy for the day and a long while. Oh and the restaurant was nice too. NEVER go there so I said to myself let's please myself TOTALLY today. Which I did and even more. Small things RULE!!! lol

I'm well on my way to booking my vacation,just waiting to see how much I get on my bonus check at work.

It's going to be a great week! Valentine's Day this weekend; my wife and I going to buy each other awesome goodies.  That's it.  I also just got an A on my pain in the ass History test and solid B on my equally pain in the ass Art History test.

Simply waking up and knowing I'm still alive.

I have military aptitude test booked!

Ah, joining the service, eh?  Good luck on your test.  But make sure you do your research.  The better the score, the wider selection of occupational specialties that will be available to you.  I scored a 100% on my aptitude test back in '90 (here in the state's it's called an ASVAAB test) but I knew nothing about the military before taking it.  My recruiter knew this, and guided me into signing up for Infantry.  After basic training, a tour in the Persian Gulf War and upon finally arriving at my duty station, I met my new platoon leader and he was like, "Damn, Turner, you could have had any job you wanted and you picked the fuckin' infantry???" lol

So, yeah.  Do your research, look into the specialties your aptitude test will find you qualified for.  Good luck!

Best of luck indeed.

I'm glad it's not obligatory in here. Anyways, I couldn't get in even if I wanted, I'm off because of my diabete and that pissed my fucker dad because he wanted to stick me in there when I was a teen so I got saved by this. lol

I slept like a damn baby so I'm in pretty good shape, especially after 3 Expresso/Jack Dan. Now let the weekend ROCK like it always does. smile

Got my taxes back now I'm just waiting for my bonus check to see if I can book my vacation.

^^^
Oh that's very cool. smile

Always fun to get some money. I get these taxes thingies every month the 5th. And I like.

Not being sad.

Having my military papers filled out and good to go and finding all my references...that was a battle haha

Last edited by JJ (2014-02-27 11:45:03)

Vampy and I went and signed up for the county library today, plus got some books;  I got Clancy's Red Storm Rising and a Brin sci-fi book (forget which one).  Vamps got 35 romance novels (OK, OK, only 6).

I loves me some library free-ness.

Take out Chinese food and my cat acting as a very effective foot warmer.

Getting enough of a bonus from work combined with taxes to book my vacation next Friday.  smile

azathoth wrote:

Vampy and I went and signed up for the county library today, plus got some books;  I got Clancy's Red Storm Rising and a Brin sci-fi book (forget which one).  Vamps got 35 romance novels (OK, OK, only 6).

I loves me some library free-ness.

Have you used the  Overdrive software to check out digital books from the library.?

Libraries ROCK. Just signed up for the Canada National Archive one and got a few downloadable ones which is great. Also doing the same at my local one. No going out necessary and I don't mind reading a digital version. If I like I'll buy...

Speaking of buying, my monthly ca$h just got into my bank account and I'm glad, have no more smokes and alcohol. I'll get more next month. Ah well one day without isn't that bad anyways.

Wonder what I'll get as surprise buyings tomorrow...

Need not to forget Devil Samael's food though. Still have a bunch but not sure he'll do a month with what's left.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-28 00:45:13)

@Hellzy- Our old library had digital books.  Not sure about this new one.  Not sure about the Overdrive software, I'll have to look into it.

@Punk- Yep, libraries sure do rock.  Saved us $1000s by not having to buy them. smile

^^^
H3LL yeah. Just wish it was as easy as back in the days now to steal them. Got a bunch of these from the school library when I was a crazy rebel teen. Oh well I still am. lol

We ordered a snow blower from Amazon.  Should be here tomorrow afternoon before the next big storm hits on Sunday night.  Yay me (and my back)!  big_smile

And Syd is cuddled up on the couch with Bobo watching some cartoon.  First time I gave a monkey to her that she didn't immediately throw him/her away.  Monkey power!