Topic: Fear Itself Complete Details

We have been hearing about a few directors here and there but so far no official word. Today that all changed when NBC released a very lengthy press release regarding the series. They have mentioned all of the actors, writers and directors. Not only ...

Read More : Fear Itself Complete Details

Re: Fear Itself Complete Details

Awesome update Goon. I'm interested to see how this series goes. I just hope it isn't mostly fluff!

i will give these shows a look when the series starts, but i will defenitaly miss MOH

I'm not too sold on this being on NBC.  I think it being on a regular channel will kill it.  Very restricted stuff.  I'll probably pass til a few episodes go by and hear a verdict.

Nice to see more horror on tv but it sucks not to have MOH anymore hmm

jmh314 wrote:

I'm not too sold on this being on NBC.  I think it being on a regular channel will kill it.  Very restricted stuff.  I'll probably pass til a few episodes go by and hear a verdict.

Yeah, I agree.  That was kind of the point, so that they could do things that they could not on regular TV.

This is actually going to be a drag. I don't remember when I watched regular network channels. I always have my TV on specialty channels mainly TMN movie network, Scream and Drive-In for the low budget B-movies, those kind of channels.
They sure won't be pushing the envelope, at least I don't think so on network TV, but like I said I haven't watched those channels for years so I don't know how far they take these new series' as in pushing the boundary on network TV.

Yeah I just dont think they can accomplish the same stuff as MOH being on basic TV.  The FCC loves to censor anything they possibly can.   

Plus the episodes will be even shorter to all for commercials, down to about 40 minutes a piece.....doesnt really seem worth it to me.  Maybe it'll blow me away or maybe it will turn out to be a glorified Are You Afraid of the Dark for adults.

Thats right MoH were about an hour long but now these are going to be missing 15 or 20 min... that sucks even more.

DemonToSome wrote:

Thats right MoH were about an hour long but now these are going to be missing 15 or 20 min... that sucks even more.

Yup just like Dexter.  It was about 52 minutes a show on Showtime but only about 40 minutes on CBS cause of commercials.  So this is going to be the same for Fear Itself  where the episodes willl only be about 40 minutes.....and if there is one thing I hate it's commercials interrupting my horror experience.  Takes away from the mood and intensity that develops.....it gets all tense, pulls you in, then....COMMERCIAL.  Damn! mad

DemonToSome wrote:

You know I think that might actually help the series. Some of the episodes were great but there were a lot that seemed dragged out a little maybe shortening the running time will help.

It is being filmed here in Edmonton, Alberta they had open casting calls for extras advertised on the radio.

Well to me for this series, it looks more interesting than MOH. I'm definitely excited as hell to see this when it premier's tomorrow night.

As I've posted on our numerous other Fear Itself threads, I'll probably check this out because I am off Thursday night, but still dont know how great this will be with network censors and commercials.  MOH had enough problems maintaining intensity in 55 minutes uncensored, so with Fear Itself being more limited and only about 40 minutes an episode it could be awful.....

I've got the DVR set.  Keep in mind this is like going through multiple filters from MOH because those directors saw the TVMA as very liberating as opposed to working towards the theater R.