Topic: Death Note Coming to US; Official Trailer Debuts

The Japanese smash hit movie Death Note is on it's way to the US, and as a result a new official trailer has surfaced.  Fangoria reports that Viz Media is planning to release the live action version of the hit Manga and Anime in t...

Read More : Death Note Coming to US; Official Trailer Debuts

Re: Death Note Coming to US; Official Trailer Debuts

Great News! Ive been eying Death Note region free releases' for a while now, not sure if i should chance it. They are usually inferior quality . Ill probably be glad I did. Just like i am now that Ive  waited for Nightmare Detective to be released here, instead of paying 200$ for a PAL/NTSC conversion dvd player and paying 27$ for the Raro Italian dvd. Really great news!

Very enjoyable, it was worht the region free DVD's I got from overseas.  They were great quality too.  Like the article says it's not high on gore or scares but a good detective thriller.  Really surprised me and enjoyed the hell out of it.

OMG! OMG! OMG! Yes. Oh hell yeah! I'm definitely going to buy this as soon as it's released. I so need to see this so damn bad.

oh my, i've heard lots of good things about the manga it's based on, and the trailer looks awesome. definately gonna have to see this XD

I wish the trailer wasnt dubbed though.  That park sucks.....but when released it will be in Japanese with English subtitle so thats a plus. 

BDD, I have yet to mail out our DVD's for trade and I think i have an extra copy of Death Note floating around so if I do, I'll throw it in at no charge. wink

jmh314 wrote:

I wish the trailer wasnt dubbed though.  That park sucks.....but when released it will be in Japanese with English subtitle so thats a plus. 

BDD, I have yet to mail out our DVD's for trade and I think i have an extra copy of Death Note floating around so if I do, I'll throw it in at no charge. wink

Holy Crap! Hell Yeah! I definitely sure as hell would love a copy of that. That would be awesome as hell.

I found the extra copy, but I think the reason why I got an extra is because I think I left that one ina hot car and now it skips....I'm not 100%, I'll have to give it a trial run and see.  If it works, it's yours.  I'll even throw in the second movie for good measure cause i have an extra one of those too.

jmh314 wrote:

I found the extra copy, but I think the reason why I got an extra is because I think I left that one ina hot car and now it skips....I'm not 100%, I'll have to give it a trial run and see.  If it works, it's yours.  I'll even throw in the second movie for good measure cause i have an extra one of those too.

Sweet! Thanks JMH. Really appreciate it and btw: I will be mailing your movies out sometime today.

Hey BDD, your movies for our trade should be going out in about an hour.  I am gonna wait to send you the deathnotes cause if they dont work well then i dont wanna send it.  I'll let you know about those.

jmh314 wrote:

Hey BDD, your movies for our trade should be going out in about an hour.  I am gonna wait to send you the deathnotes cause if they dont work well then i dont wanna send it.  I'll let you know about those.

Alright cool and i just sent out your movies about a half hour ago.

I saw the movie and thought it was just okay.  However, the manga is really good.  That is odd for me especially since I am not a fan of manga.  But definitely worth the read for any comic lover like me.

^Hey Dude, did you see just the one movie or both?  It really is a much better experience watching both movies.  It continues right were part 1 ended and contiunes the story.  It's like one big movie that they split into two so it didnt have a 4.5 hour runtime.  lol.

Damn. I've had Death Note and Death Note 2: Last Name for 3 months now and still
haven't watched them yet. I must be slipping.
I previewed them and they look pretty cool. I like the CGI demons and how they appear
rendered in the anime style.

Jsin

Sweet!  Would love to see that.