Topic: Looks like THE BLOB gets the remake treatment...again

I was browsing around IMDB and through my clicking of various names and movie titles I end up at a place I never imagined.  Clicking on Prodcuer Scott Rudin's page link from THE QUEEN cast and crew page. 

I spotted something interesting, The Blob (2007).  This could only mean...you guess it, another remake of a classic film, which was already remade.  The page only really has screenwriting credits for Carey and Chad Hayes, who both penned the screenplay for the remake of House of Wax and Stephen Hopkin's upcoming The Reaping.

Trivia page has an interesting note that SAW creators James Wan and Leigh Whannell were offered the chance to do this film but turned down to not liking the recent slew of remakes.  Kudos to them.

So, Blob coming out in '07.  Saw most of the original, plan to see the remake when I get the chance.  Any thoughts?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0433344/

Re: Looks like THE BLOB gets the remake treatment...again

This is rediculous. They're money hungry bastards. I still can't get over the first remake of that old classic

i loved the origional but the remake sucked horribly, this on prob will 2

Can't say the same deathgate668, I loved the 80s remake (Good 80s campy horror fun) But yeah i do agree with this much they need to not make another mothefucking remake,(Iwould hate to see a big cgi blob on the big screen smile

Probably be all CGI...
I hated the 80's version, but I think it is just because Kevin Dillon is paper thin as an actor.

I agree with you, Norrock, the 80's version was good campy fun.  The original never did anything for me.  I certainly don't consider it to be a sacred cow or anything.  So bring on the 2007 remake, is what I say.  I'm certain it can't be any worse than the two versions we've already seen.

great find golden, posted as news and with you sourced.

I like the 1988 version more than the original so another remake doesn't bother me; however, I'd rather see an original film in the same vein as The Blob more than another remake.

Np Meh smile

I have only seen the original...must admit very corny but haven't seen the 1988 remake.  I know it is probably not as good as the original...but does it have any merits to make it worth a rent?

The remake did a good job of turning the expectations from the first one on their ear.  And it featured the wonder that is Del Close.

(I might be the only one to think this) But the remake had damn good gore & fx, The story line might have been a little corny, But what the hell! thats what made 80s horror so fucking cool, And simatar the next time you go to wallmarts you should dig in the $5 DVD ben (Thats where i got mine) & buy this moutherfucka, I remember back in 88 i went to watch this sonofabitch on the big screen, I enjoyed this flick just as much as i enjoyed this year's Slither....

*hisses at mention of Wal Mart*

The most evil of stores....*hisses and spits acid*....still....$5...only if i get a gift card or don't find it another place.

And the remake had a fast moving blob.  Which made it all scary and stuff.  Like it was a real threat or something.  Of course this opens up the whole running vs. shambling debate up again, doesn't it?  wink

i really loved the remake myself, it was just overall a great film.

i have to admitt i havent seen the orgnal and i will check it out before the remake comes out and i will see the remake but this might get more people to watch the orginal.

A remake of a remake?  How low can ya' go...

Well King Kong has two remakes, now Blob has two.  Tie thus far.

By the time this movie comes out I will own and be watching the original Blob with Steve McQueen... go Criterion Collection!

CG Blob blobbin' through digital streets and swallowing digital doubles.

Insert some blue-screened people screaming for their lives and there......THE BLOB 2007.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the remake, better than I like most remakes, but I mean really, I don't think they can add anything else to yet ANOTHER remake.

mattalgrand basically said it all.

Yeah, I don't see the need for another Blob (how about "Son of the Blob", with Larry Hagman?).

But, I loved the original as a kid (still see me poking stuff with a stick and then run away screaming now and then), esp. that theme song!  The '80s version wasn't too bad, had some decent fx, and Kevin Dillon is hot!   uh, I mean Shawnee Smith is hot...

Just saw the trailer for the remake in '88 on youtube.  Looks at the very least a fun 80s horror flick.  Will have to catch it sometime.

Why do another remake when a sequel based on the original 1958 film would be better. With Global Warming slowly melting the North Pole and polar icecaps,The Blob defrosts and returns to resume it's deadly feast on Humans and animal life.

And with current movie monster duels like Alien vs Predator,Freddy vs Jason,why not try a GODZILLA vs THE BLOB.

I look forward to seeing this Paramount remake,but I prefer a NEW sequel film.

I watched the remake a while ago.  Really, really liked it.