Re: Looks like THE BLOB gets the remake treatment...again

This topic is pretty funny.  A remake of a remake?  Cracks me up.

this is definately a bad bad bad thing, no words can explain my disgust. the remake of the blob was one of the first horror movies i ever saw and i loved it (kevin dillon kicks mad ass, i wonder why he never made it big?). Anyway doing a remake of a remake is just bad, stupid, and just goes on to show what i've said before that the genre is going to be shoved head first into the ground and it'll be the 80's all over again.

I liked the original and the remake but like so many other films that get remade I think they'll ruin this one too

Aye

CGI blob, maybe some practical goo to stick on the actors, actors who look like they are born in a lab for genetic perfection but do an average or sub-par acting job and editing that makes it look like a MTV music video.

Thats my guess for it.

I think it could go a step further.  Editing WORSE than an MTV music video.  Yeah, you heard me... tongue

I haven't watched the original and I don't remember if I've seen the 88 remake but I'm ok with this remake. You never know how it could end up. It could be the 08/09 Slither.

And that idea of Godzilla vs The Blob is great. Heh

Godzilla vs The Blob would actually be wicked fun! i have to agree with the majority of people in this thread that the 88 remake was pure 80's horror gold but to be honest i'm also looking forward to the 2007 version! maybe we'll get to see some hard man actor like vin diesel running away from jelly!

Ash vs Godzilla would be even better. "Hail to the king, you over-grown lizard!"

is nothing sacred anymore? the horror movie industry has become a joke as of late. one of the best original horror flicks i have seen in recent weeks is the feast and it was a straight to dvd. and what goes into theatres? wwe flicks and remakes. and throw in a couple sequels for kicks and away we go through another half assed attempt of filling those box office seats. have they just run out of ideas or is it just movie titles they can't think of? if this trend keeps up i am gonna have to turn to a romance movie buff sad

I too enjoyed the 88 remake - perhaps more than I should have. Hell, Frank Darabont contributed to the screenplay, Shawnee made quite an impression, a pre-Baywatch Erika Eleniak shows up and Bill Moseley is in it! What's not to love?