Topic: Shutter Asian horror film

Have anyone here ever seen Asian horror movie "shutter" I like it a lot. Nice film (sorry for my bad english):)

I've found this site have this movie here is an example
PIRACY IS NOT CONDONED ON OUR SITE

have fun smile

Re: Shutter Asian horror film

yep def part of my Tartan collection ! I wonder how bad the remake wil be ......

Yeah i have seen this movie, which my review is up for it and can be found on my morguespace page.

i saw this last night,
i knew from start was going to happen.
but still was really good watch.

I have yet to watch the old shutter movie all the way through, it's pretty good at scaring me.
big_smile

Last edited by jbeannie (2008-03-21 22:41:02)

I did a little review of that awesome flick too. Im not interested at all in the remake.

Yeah, I'm not sure how good the re-make is going to be.
neutral

jbeannie wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how good the re-make is going to be.
neutral

Yeah like complete and utter crap. Just by looking at the trailers, it looks like it is the worst movie ever created which is going to be true. It actually looks like someone took the biggest pile of crap and created the remake.

american shuutter = garbage      never seen it and i dont plan on it

I have Shutter on dvd thanks to Edogg and lol I still haven't watched it yet.

I liked the original and will probably just wait until DVD for the remake...if at all.  I'm just getting tired of seeing American versions of something I already enjoyed the way it was originally done.

the5thdroog wrote:

I liked the original and will probably just wait until DVD for the remake...if at all.  I'm just getting tired of seeing American versions of something I already enjoyed the way it was originally done.

I agree with you, so, I'm going to to give you a reputation point.

big_smile

yeah! I also like an original too

but still wanna watch the re-make one too

well, I thought the ring wasn't bad for a re-make, but i'm not sure about the rest of them.

neutral

jbeannie wrote:

well, I thought the ring wasn't bad for a re-make, but i'm not sure about the rest of them.

neutral

The Ring and The Grudge remakes were the only ones that were remotely good. All the rest of the asian horror remakes are so damn horrific. Basically, whenever america gets their mits on any asian horror movie, they all turn out like the next one. They all lose their creepiness and the scarefactor. Basically, they lose what the entire meaning behind asian horror movies stand for and what they are all about. Also, Hollywood downright spits right in the face of each asian horror movie remake and don't even appreciate not one single one. I become more and more pissed off every single time Hollywood wants to do an asian horror movie remake and whenever they are released, you know what they all turn out to be, total craptastic movies. Hollywood seriously needs to stop wasting their time and our time and start coming up with their own original ideas than stealing them from other movies and also remaking asian horror movies. FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!! GO BURN IN HELL!!!!! mad

I agree, and I'm going to take it a step further, american re-make's of asian horror movie's, don't all way's focus on the story line of that movie, and or make the story line interesting. What I think they like to do, is put in something over the top, like some dead person's head falling off, which isn't necessary, or has any relevance to the movie. And they put in a majority of pop out of nowhere crap in the movie, and or supposed to be jump out of your skin scene's, which they don't even pull off a majority of the time.

mad

And also character's that aren't even remotely like-able sometime's, and or un-realistic, and or stupid a majority of the time, and really overly paranoid.

Bah

mad

And it's been 3 day's, and the original shutter horror movie, I have yet to finish it, because it is really good at scaring me, unlike a majority of the american horror movie's.

Last edited by jbeannie (2008-03-24 02:42:07)

And there is one other thing you left out. The cast. Whenever Hollywood looks for the leading roles to those specific asian horror remakes, they always tend to get the wrong actors or actresses to fill the parts of that specific role. A very good example is if you take a look at the article on the upcoming A Tale of Two Sisters remake, *cringes*, and there's a pic of the twins. Well they don't look remotely anything like eachother nor related. Another thing isgetting Jessica Alba to be the leading role in The Eye remake and then whoever's the leading role in Shutter, *cringes even harder.* God! Hollywood just seriously pisses me off so god damn much. It seems like the only reason why they are even americanizing asian horror movies is just so that they can cash in on them b/c they know how great they did out East in the other countries. They don't even remotely care about what they do to those types of movies just as long as they get money for them. No respect from me one bit. I loathe Hollywood so god damn much. They seriously need to start coming up with more original ideas than stealing them from other movies and turning them all into complete and utter crap.

Yeah, you'd think that hollywood would be safer if they talked to other people about their movie,
like what do you like, what do you not like about this movie.

One time, I went to see a movie at the theater, like a test screening. I said to the Director, or however was there, that I didn't like their movie.

And they couldn't believe this, why?

Do you think just because you have a video camera, and you film something, that it's going to automatically be good?

And what's with all the movie commercial's, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw an American Shutter commercial that would say the following, "Shutter - -  movie of the year," or some crap like that.

And you know what's weird about those commercial's, who say's that their movie is good, it doesn't make any sense.

You know what would be safer for hollywood is if they put the original asian horror movie in american theater's.

Last edited by jbeannie (2008-03-24 12:24:19)

The direcor has no right to say his movie is awesome that everyone should see this right away. Right there tells you that he was making the movie for himself and Hollywood and not thinking about the viewing audience. How movies should be created is for the fans and making those types of movies or any movies should come from the heart. The only ones who have a real saying about how the movie is going to unfiold is us, the fans. The people who want to see it and not forced to see it with any labels slapped right on the movie.

See i hate that so damn much when horror movies are being advertised and they always say the samething over and over again. "The must see movie of the year or summer." Among other ones. Yeah you see that movie and then it tends to be so damn horrific that what in the hell was the director and Hollywood was thinking. Now, however, you do have actually a 50/50 chance that they will remotely be good. But how on earth can they give that title to Shutter. I mean come on. It doesn't even look remotely good or even descent at that.

Actually that would be 10x's better. Not only keep on bringing asian horror movies over here to the states on DVD but also show them in the theatres at that.

I don't know if they said that the new shutter, "Movie of the Year," I've seen "Movie of the Year" for some crappy movie's, so, I wouldn't be surprised if they made up something to that extent, not sure though if they did in a trailer or anything. I finally finished the original, the better shutter, it took me 4 day's to watch it all the way through, but I think it was worth it. It scared me for 3 day's, maybe 4 we shall see, depending on my sleep tonight. 4 jump out of your skin moment's for me in the original better shutter, and it might be my new favorite horror movie. The old thai shutter movie, not the american one.

big_smile

Oh no. I know exactly which Shutter you're talking about. Which i consider that to be the only Shutter movie there is. Well that's good to hear that it did scare the crap out of you b/c with those types of movies that's what the directors tend to do and try to accomplish. Hey if you wanna check it out, i do have a review up for Shutter that i did sometime last year. And how much i love this movie, i wouldn't consider it to be my favorite. But it is right up there being my favorite.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2008-03-24 14:04:03)

the thai shutter horror movie, is my favorite asian horror movie so far, which is your favorite asian horror movie blackdeathdamien?

neutral

Man! Now this is the million dollar question for me. There are so many of them that are my favorite. But if i wanna narrow it down, i would have to go with Suicide Club just for the fact that this was the very first movie that introduced me into Asian horror movies.

Suicide Club, I might check that out.

big_smile

you havent seen Suicide Club? that movie if fuckin awesome, you need to see it,now!!