Topic: hostel 3

ok i dont get this Eli roth is making Cell i heard that right after hOSTEL 2 hes gonna move on to his other two projects Cell and Baywatch hes a busy guy if hes gonna make 3 new movies

Re: hostel 3

Hes done with the Baywatch thing.. I'm not sure exactly what he did for that movie but his involvement with that is over.. I'm guessing that he will probably direct Cell next and maybe just produce Hostel 3.. I think Roth is smart enough to not fall into this trap that Lionsgate is putting him in..

Holy crap, how long is hollywood going to continue to beat dead horses. I liked Hostel, and the sequel probably won't suck with Eli behind the camera but if the writer and director want to stop the story stop kicking that dead horse, it won't get up and win the race. I for one am really tired of the direct to DVD quality sequel thing, it happens way too much. Get some new blood behind the cameras if you hollywood guys are running out of ideas, the film companies are releasing crap just to have something to release. So sad, so sad.

Hard2Kill wrote:

Holy crap, how long is hollywood going to continue to beat dead horses. I liked Hostel, and the sequel probably won't suck with Eli behind the camera but if the writer and director want to stop the story stop kicking that dead horse, it won't get up and win the race. I for one am really tired of the direct to DVD quality sequel thing, it happens way too much. Get some new blood behind the cameras if you hollywood guys are running out of ideas, the film companies are releasing crap just to have something to release. So sad, so sad.

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen to SAW. I love, and I mean really love the SAW movies and would hate to see that franchise eventually jump on the straight to DVD bandwagon. As for Hostel, the first one was an ok flick, I don't expect much from the second, and who knows where that series'll go after that.

Last edited by ResidentEvilRising (2006-11-27 19:19:16)

baywatch has been dead for awhile, but he does have CELL and hostel 3.

After reading a bunch of interviews with Roth, I feel its safe to say that directing Cell is a for sure thing.  I wish he'd pen the script, but ya' can't always get what ya' want.  I'm guessing he'll pass on the Hostel 3 opportunity and do something new.  Even if I'm wrong and he does decide to direct Hostel 3, he is the last person I'd expect to half ass a horror film.  We'll all just have to wait and see.

Yea I think in general Roth doesn't like retreading old terriority.. At least thats the vibe I get from the guy.. I mean look how long it took for Cabin Fever 2 to finally get off the ground.. It took a great script treatment from Ti West to make Eli Roth decide to move forward with it..

Like TiM said Roth would never do a horror movie half assed.. If he really wants a Hostel 3 in the fanchise he'll do it.. I think what he is doing with Hostel 2 is great.. Really broadens the whole Hostel corporation..

i reckon hell probaly try to wrap things up in hostel 2 and find a new movie to do and like its a good thing his not involved with cabin fever 2 cause it will probally be ok but not as good as eli roths work.

the first half of hostel was one of the worse films ive seen then the second half was one of the best, i pray he makes hostel 2 more like the second half of the first

Where did y'all here the news about hostel 3, i heard about Cell but hostel 3.

it was news on here last year soo jsut search Hostel 3 and u should get the news smile

its quite old news, i found it for yuh, welcome to the site by the way http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6961.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwu5WK_Icmg[/youtube]

This may clear up a few questions.  smile

Meh wrote:

its quite old news, i found it for yuh, welcome to the site by the way http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6961.html

Thank. Glad to be part of it.

sickf**k wrote:

it was news on here last year soo jsut search Hostel 3 and u should get the news smile

Thank for the info.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwu5WK_Icmg[/youtube]

This may clear up a few questions.  smile

And thanks for the video.

No problem.  If people had any questions, this should probably clear them up.

this is why this forum kicks ass... everyone helps out in a really friendly fast kinda way! I love you guys... GROUP HUG!!!

Couldn't have said it better.  wink

Oh no.........not another Roth flick........

I can't take it anymore.............

Please, someone shoot me or hit me upside the head with something so i can wakeup from this nightmare.....:P

Meh wrote:

this is why this forum kicks ass... everyone helps out in a really friendly fast kinda way! I love you guys... GROUP HUG!!!

What? are we gonna start singing the Barney theme song now? lol

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
Meh wrote:

Nah, no group hug......BEER drinking contest......anyone interested?:lol:

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
Meh wrote:

Hell with the damn beer drinking contest, lets just have one huge kickass BBQ. And we will also have an endless supply of liquor.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Hell with the damn beer drinking contest, lets just have one huge kickass BBQ. And we will also have an endless supply of liquor.

Okay, you supply the women and I will take care of the booze and someone else is in charge of cooking cause I only microwave lol.:lol:

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:

Okay, you supply the women and I will take care of the booze and someone else is in charge of cooking cause I only microwave lol.:lol:

Sounds good to me. Hey and don't feel bad i only know how to use the microwave and know how to make frozen pizzas. LOL. I never touched the grill in my life. But hey there's always a first time.:lol: