Topic: MPD Psycho

Hey All,

I know this is a television series based on the comic (brought to North America by Dark Horse Comics) and was wondering if there is any chance of it coming to dvd here?  Or being made into a movie?  I know Takeshi Miike had a lot to do with it so I'm hoping there is good news concerning...

And for those who haven't check it out...do so...the comics are well priced and a deadly read.

Re: MPD Psycho

I just ordered the box set for the series...if anyone is interested wink  I'll fill you in when I get it.  You guys should really check it out, it's awesome.

I've got the boxed set on my DVD Trade list.  It's ok.  It sucks because since it was made for TV it has been edited.  There are blur effects on the gore.  Some of it was done on purpose by Miike as kind of a joke on it being edited, but some of it was because it was for TV.  The only existing film for it is the edited as the unedited version was destroyed and no longer can be found.  There is a disclaimer on the back of the DVD boxset that talks about this. 

Its an OK series, not Miike's best stuff.  If anyone is interested in trading for this, let me know, I have the whole series boxed set.

Yeah I own the series in a region 1 box set. The main problem is the editing of most of the gore on screen. I have heard that there was an unrated print going around but I haven't seen it anywhere hmm

Check out the mangas instead then?  Brought out by Dark Horse in north america.  It's killer, my fave read at the moment.