Topic: What was the worst horror DVD you bought?

Re: What was the worst horror DVD you bought?

Wolf Creek

island of the dead w/ Malcolm McDowell and Mos Def. truly horrid.

Well, lucky me I don't buy DVD's I won't like, but once I won Satan's Cheerleaders, and that was pretty stupid.

Alone in the Dark. I should have watched the trailer before...

Gosh.......... I would have to say "Backwoods"

Zomboy wrote:

Well, lucky me I don't buy DVD's I won't like, but once I won Satan's Cheerleaders, and that was pretty stupid.

Are you crazy?  "Satan's Cheerleaders" is a GREAT movie.  Grindhouse cinema at its finest.  wink

As for me, I bought the crappy edition of "Saw" and "Saw 2" in that horrible Blockbuster packaging.  Ugh... I hate it!

The one that's coming to my head is Basket Case.

Probably Deadly End.  I got a good deal on it but didnt enjoy it at all.

Halloween remake.....I can't believe I gave that fucker money mad

April Fools Day.  Some people like it, that's okay.  I was really let down that they dropped the original ending and kept the 'everything was just a game' ending.

Mine would have to be Malevolence.  I don't blind buy often and I don't know that I have since.  I know some people enjoyed it, but I wasn't one of them.  I was one of those who enjoyed both Basket Case and Wolf Creek though...what a weirdo I must be.

Man, I love Basket Case. hehe.

I buy dvds a lot without ever seeing them. I like the excitement. It's like a gamble. But it also means I have a few pieces of shit in my collection. Some that come to mind are Black Demons, Tomie, A Night to Dismember, Conquest, and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers.

I buy alot of dvds without reading reviews or anything.  I saw Malevolence and didn't care for it either.  I have Basket Case and I enjoy it.  It isn't the greatest and it's very cheesy, but I think that's what makes it good.  Dwane also cameos in Brain Damage (which I also liked even though it's ridiculous) during the subway scene.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I buy alot of dvds without reading reviews or anything.  I saw Malevolence and didn't care for it either.  I have Basket Case and I enjoy it.  It isn't the greatest and it's very cheesy, but I think that's what makes it good.  Dwane also cameos in Brain Damage (which I also liked even though it's ridiculous) during the subway scene.

I love Brain Damage. I also love Frankenhooker. I just love Henenlotter in general.

Cabin Fever, but my mom got it for me.
then i remember getting some some shitty dvd's at the $1 but i dont remember what they were.

Well i know one that definitely is worse than Basket Case that i did own:

Broken - My god. The worst possible movie i have ever seen in my life. Well one of the worst movies i have ever seen.

Even worse than Broken...Death Bed.  I am not joking.  I had heard about it and thought surely it couldn't be real.  Oh, but it was.  So naturally, with a title like that, I watch it.  Then I spend all night laying awake wondering how someone took the time to write this and someone gave that guy money to make this movie.  Mind blowing.

Last edited by MacheteMassacre (2008-04-06 00:57:05)

jamhorner wrote:

That would be Jack Frost II: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman. God it was so horrible!

NO WAY!!!!!!  Classic cheese!

And BDD, youre right Broken was bad....at least my copy was free!!!

The Devil's Rejects, never got it. Watch from the begining through most of the middle and was so bored and turned it off. Sold that shit back to Movie Trading Company the next day.

Well, I'll come out and say it, I enjoyed the hell out of Broken and Wolf Creek is one of my personal faves.

That said, the worst purchase would problably be my PAL of Calvaire. After reading ass-loads of glowing reviews about this I figured I'd be safe making a blind purchase.
I tried 3 times and I still can't get into this flick. Boring and pretentious (and I love French horror).

One by Troma that grossed me out (Can't remember the title)-the images that keep popping up in my brain are enough. And Kaw thank the Gods it was cheap! cheap!

The Ring 2'''''''''''''what was I thinking?

No, I bought the worst dvd EVER known to man from ebay called "Ankle Biters" The info on the movie sounded good and the cover look good but, God what was I thinking? Imagine this redneck beer guzzling midget vampires that can't run as fast as the intended victims but somehow end up biting them on the legs with the blood pumping from tubes that you can visibly see and there mouths catch up to the words after they say them. And where did Ankle Biters come in at? They bite them on the calves and thighs. I didn't even finish the movie, I simply couldn't  I sold it back on ebay but, I pity the person who bought it.....

shellbell574 wrote:

No, I bought the worst dvd EVER known to man from ebay called "Ankle Biters"

Crap, i almost bought this a few weeks ago too...lol