Topic: Most expensive DVD?

What was the most you paid for a horror DVD?

and what was it/

Re: Most expensive DVD?

Gigantor wrote:

What was the most you paid for a horror DVD?

and what was it/

For one movie, it's probably Evil Dead - the Book of the Dead, which cost around 30$ I guess. I get a lot of my dvds used so I actually never pay a lot. I bought the Nightmare on Elm Street boxset for something like 80$.

I paid about $45 for the Limited Edition tin of The Beyond after it was already out of print. But hell, I remember paying $35 a piece for regular anchor bay dvds back in 1998. Seems crazy now.

knifehands wrote:

I paid about $45 for the Limited Edition tin of The Beyond after it was already out of print. But hell, I remember paying $35 a piece for regular anchor bay dvds back in 1998. Seems crazy now.

Thats my answer to, I probably paid about $47 bucks for The Beyond tin last year. It's my favorite in my collection though. I'm trying to locate cheap copies of the other tins as well. And I know, crazy how much normal dvds used to cost haha

Almost $80 for Black Sunday on Amazon before they decided to rerelease it with the Bava Collection. I kinda got pissed off there.

Hmm something like $50 I think for the Blind Dead Box set from Blue Underground.. Totally worth it though.. I love those films.. Especially considering I got the set for about half price..

i dont think i ever paid over $30 for a dvd, id rather wait.

$33.99 for that Sweeney Todd dvd and companion book

Band of Brothers dvd series set when it first came out = $85.

severen wrote:

Almost $80 for Black Sunday on Amazon before they decided to rerelease it with the Bava Collection. I kinda got pissed off there.

LMAO, you got screwed seriously lol.:lol::P

RIP wrote:
severen wrote:

Damn right i did! sad  Had it for 6 months and then they fuckin decide to rerelease it to a collection.

severen wrote:
RIP wrote:
severen wrote:

Damn right i did! sad  Had it for 6 months and then they fuckin decide to rerelease it to a collection.

oh well, live and learn like I always say lol.:lol:

When the ultimate edition of Oldboy came out it retailed somewhere around 40 or 45....

And they arent horror, but the 3-disc Remastered edition of Seven Samurai and the Yojimbo & Sanjuro two film set were both expensive.......damn criterion collection charging out the ass for Kurosawa classics!

jmh314 wrote:

When the ultimate edition of Oldboy came out it retailed somewhere around 40 or 45....

And they arent horror, but the 3-disc Remastered edition of Seven Samurai and the Yojimbo & Sanjuro two film set were both expensive.......damn criterion collection charging out the ass for Kurosawa classics!

Mine was the Ultimate Edition of Oldboy as well and I still feel like I robbed them.  That is a great set.

survivalist wrote:

i dont think i ever paid over $30 for a dvd, id rather wait.

that's how I am.  I always wait until stuffs on sale for really cheap before I buy it.  If it's something I really want to see 'll buy it new but I never spend over $25.  I usually don't even buy special editons because I really don't give a damn about special features, I just want to see the movie.

I paid about $70 for the Friday the 13th box set the day it came out.  I usually buy my horror flicks at Best Buy.  They are on sale the week they are released or if you get like a 2 for $30 kind of deal.  Also, they have different sales every week, so check out their flyer every Monday.  You never know what you might find.

Its more than one DVD but I payed around $90 for The Alien Quad box

Well i think i got my Friday the 13th boxset somewhere between $70-$80, Alien Quadrilogy maybe somewhere between $80-90, Ultimate Versus: $30, the original The Omen boxset that includes all 4 movies for maybe about $30 or $40, The Godzilla Collection: $70.

Ugetsu The Criterion Edition cost me 79.99 which was pretty high for one film but it was worth it smile and the first two seasons of the new Doctor Who cost about 80 bucks each too

The only set id spend big bucks to buy is the twilight zone complete collection, cause it is so worth it.

ok that and the star trek original series sets..but thats it i think.

Around 20-something for Pulp Fiction, give or take.

DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT ???

i paid like 70$ for the NOES collection when it came out

Single Horror movie was a bootleg 5 disk version of Halloween 6 for 45$

noon horror movie was criterion 3 disk of Brazil for 75$

Last edited by Poppascotch (2008-04-09 17:54:21)

Ouch, Severen.  That sucks big time.

I can't remember what I payed for my Jose Mojica Marins box set - but I think it was around $40, and it was used and damaged.  hmm

Constantce wrote:

Ouch, Severen.  That sucks big time.

I can't remember what I payed for my Jose Mojica Marins box set - but I think it was around $40, and it was used and damaged.  hmm

Ouch that sucks even more, buying a expensive used damaged dvd.

I guess I'm cheap. I really want the dvd of 'Terror Express' just released by Camera Obscura, but I' not paying $39. Oh well, I'll keep waiting.