Topic: my name says it all

a while ago i posted a topic that i want to be a horror movie director/writer and the script im writing now is very very good but my girlfriend read one of the sex scenes in it and told me that its sick and then she read my gore scenes and told me that i need some help and my friend told me that i went over the edge and i am half way to the bottom cuz i have some sick and twisted thing in this movie and i am a sick fuck and the movie isnt even half way down and im not gonna say much but first off in the movie a women gets raped with a knife and that i think is very very hardcore horror

Re: my name says it all

That is a very big goal that your chasing, I would know because that's exactly my ultimate goal.  I am also a screenwriter.  A while ago, I wrote this over the top vampire short and now I'm currently working on a new script.  What screenwriting program are you using?  I'd suggest Celtx, its free and you can convert it to a pdf. file for free and get your script out there.

It's all good and fun to go over the top, but you have to keep in mind that if you ever want to make your script into a motion picture then your gonna have to sell it.  Not just to directors or companies, but people as well.  I'm pretty sure that a lot of women actresses will be turned off by the idea of getting raped by a knife.  Some may not, but for the most part I think its pretty obvious.  Also, take in mind of the budget.  If your just writing a screenplay for the hell of it then go all out, but if you actually want to make it happen then you always gotta keep the budget in mind.  I'd say, read some other scripts, get inspired, and write what you'd want to see in a theatre.  Don't give up on your dreams either, corny but true.

Yea I think you may be pushing it to far with the whole rape with a knife thing.. I mean right away you are making your film near impossible to make and distribute.. Not only that but if you plan to make it on film you might have trouble getting the film developed.. Its happened before..

Plus your going to want an audience for this movie. Personally I wouldn't want to watch someone being raped in the first place let alone with a knife.. So keep that in mind..

I say go for it! Make it as sick as you want to. After your done tweak it abit, a little here a little there.
Hey I'm sure many people thought Tobe Hooper was a sick fuck in early 70's, but we know better then that. Look at Takashi Miike's work. He has some sick scenes in his films and he's doin fine!
So I think it all depends on how well the knife rape and gore scenes are filmed. Know what I mean?

Look at the movie "Chaos", there were a few scenes that I'm sure on paper someone had the same reaction, "What the fuck?" but on film the way they did the scenes turned out pretty good. The movie was a rip off but there is a scene where the character chaos cuts a girl from hole to hole and then screws her dead body. Point is there is an audience for anything, it depens on your vision and how you commit to it. Don't let anyone tell you it's over the top or unfilmable, do the sickest shit out there, be the first to push any limits, that's what gets you noticed. Wait until your famous and let the assholes in hollywood scensor you, until then, kill it, eat it, fuck it, send it to the neighbors in small packages. Right on man, do your thing.

i say go straight for as much gore and blood and cussing and sex sceans that u want to have put into ur film. whatever will pss off the man, is what a large group of ppl want to see. look, at stephen king, when he first started writing he was looked at as ome sick freak. he has some strange obsession with killing little kids, alota his books do that. and also alota his books kill the heros or just kill the most likeable characters. im in the process of writing a book and iv been making my main character kill some people in some sweet disgusting ways, and i make sure to describe the sound of bones being crushed or the sight of blood gushing out of a wound or the sick sound of flesh being torn apart.

If you plan on making this movie on the money comin' from your own pocket and a bunch of your friends then make it balls to the walls.  It's just hard seeing someone wanting to play the role of a woman being raped with a knife.  I remember reading about Eli Roth walking into Barbara Nadeljakova's trailer and finding her in tears because she didn't want to proceed with the many nude scenes she had in front of her.  Now, what if those nude scenes were rape scenes?  She'd probably quit in a heart beat.  I'm not saying don't put any nasty scenes in your script, I'm just saying it's something to think about it.

Mind I ask what the sypnosis of your script is, Sickfuck?

its about these friends going on vaction after high school and their going to this lake and they get in a car accident the next morning one of their friends is missing and another gets blown up after a freak accident so they finally get help and find a small lil town in the woods and they get a room and soon they find out that the town has a lil secret of their own and with the sexy babe Candy and the whole town watchign their every move they fight for survival and by the end they will find out that they all have screts of their own in I'm Watching You   
thats the title and the plot and theres some other outragous scenes that go over the edge like a penis being bit off the tips of fingers being cut off and just some very sick shit and my girlfriend wants me to get help cuz as u know im 15 gonna b 16 on sunday and writing these sick movies sooo i think its pretty creative and im just tryign to get to my dream

Goon wrote:

Yea I think you may be pushing it to far with the whole rape with a knife thing.. I mean right away you are making your film near impossible to make and distribute.. Not only that but if you plan to make it on film you might have trouble getting the film developed.. Its happened before..

Plus your going to want an audience for this movie. Personally I wouldn't want to watch someone being raped in the first place let alone with a knife.. So keep that in mind..

agreed.

Happy Early Birthday Sickf**k.  The movie sounds like a complete gore fest and way over the top.  With everything being put into flms these days, I say go for every gore scene that you can get.  Though make sure you pick actors and actresses that want to be a part of this so you don't go into the rape scene with someone who is scared to do it.  Along with that, I say Safety First, and bring on the gore.  Good luck with your movies.

So Goon and Meh, was Rob Zombie "pusing it too far, and making his film near impossible to make and distribute" when he had a character in The Devils Rejects get raped with a pistol?

the devils rejects was the movie that got me into writing and rob zombie is a good director i think and i loved both of his movies and i hope Halloween is as good as he says its gonna b   but anyway i think horror movies r going downhill cuz all u see nowadays r sequels and remakes and u watch it and its just ok and i think horror needs more then gore and thats wat i have in my movie im writng more then gore horror movies are guy movies really no offense to any women on the site but its a perfect combination tits and gore  but in horror movies today u have that one good gore scene and the rest is garbage and with me i want to make ppl think wat is this guy gonna do nexted cuz i want to go over the edge and a true horror movie fan wants to c horror the look in the eyes of the victims when a knife is going in their chest thats wat im doing and some may agree wit me some may not but anyway im gonna do wat i want to with this movie and if it never gets made it never does thats how it has to b then o well ill move on

That wasn't a rape.. Plus Rob Zombie is a very well established director and musician thats why he got to do those things.. Some newcomer isn't going to be able to do those kinds of things..

The Weinstein company come to mind right away.. Think of guys like Kevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez.. No way would the Weinsteins have put up cash for these guys if they didn't think that they could deliver a film that would draw an audience..

Fair enough, I guess in a way your right you have to have that mainstream success before you can take the risk on a project that pushes any boundries, but on the other hand a lot of indie films are getting mainstream dist deals these days.

Yea but those films that do get mainstream deals are usually funded by someone.. Thats my point.. If you bring in a script with someone being raped by a knife and a penis being cut off good luck finding the money for that..

Its just the facts really.. I mean if he plans on funding this bad boy himself and everything than you know don't let anything stop you but don't spend to much that you can't make it back by selling it online or at conventions..

At 15 or 16 the cold realities of making a movie shouldn't be his first concern. He has a girlfriend and friend telling him that he went too far and should get help, if he has more people trying to stifle his creativity even in the end when he has to change things in the script or even take scenes out due to content to overall vision will not be his. It will be what he thinks is acceptable to everyone else. I have a script for a short film, it's no more than 8 pages and has 2 locations. At this point I couldn't do it without 15 to 20 thousand dollars, if I had to hire and rent all of the stuff needed. When i wrote the script I just let the film play out in my head and tried to put down what I would like to see as the writer and director, but the reality of it is some of the cooler moments will either be lost or changed so that I can see my dream come true, untill I have the clout to say screw everyone this is what I want to have happen. My only point is that why try and kill his vision or make him cut it down right out of the gate.

Well I'm really just looking out for his best interests.. I don't want to hear down the line that he took out a mortgage on his house and made this movie and then no one would touch it with a ten foot pole.. I mean we all hear about the hardships that directors go threw to make it big but we never hear the countless stories of indie filmmakers who blew all their cash on making a film and have nothing to show for it..

But yea I mean write the script the way you want it now but be prepared to edit it later if need be.. It all depends on how you want to make the movie. If you are really serious or just want to have fun with it and travel the convention circuit with it.. Its up to you man don't let anyone tell you what to do but take everyones opinion and advice seriously..

That's a very good point.  Don't let anyone tell you what to do besides yourself.  With that said, good luck and have some fun with it.

im tryign to have fun and im really serious bout this movie and some of the stuff is fucked up i agree and maybe i should keep some group time but this is just who i am and really i like the advice thanks alot but its really gonna get gorier and i hope it turns out to b a movie even if its direct to video i dont care bout the money i just want a name that ppl will say that i went over the edge and this isnt gonan b my first and last movie this isnt just a hobby i want to do im gonan keep going til theres no more ideas in my head

I hear ya Goon trust me, like I said I am trying to buy my camera which is anywhere from $3000 to $4000 dollars (unless you guys have one lying around) and figure out how to raise the money for a 20 to 30 minute short film, and then if I do manage to make it what happens if it sucks to everyone but me. It's not an easy thing to get going unless you have the right connections already. The script is the easy part, you can always change that and add and subtract stuff later but if you get yourself into a spot like i am where you don't have the money so you sacrafice ideas as you write the script and when you read it later the creativity isn't there. I guess my thing is to not stop the ideas and creativity before it even gets going.

I say good luck with the project..keep the gore but do take out the knife scene and penis biteing because I agree with Goon these days theres nobody that will buy that kinda script, why do you think house of 1000 corpses took so long to come out because Rob Zombie had to keep going back and taking shit out..

Dario Argento's Jenifer bit off a penis! And they bought that one tongue

yeah but that was before they hired stuffy shirt people like we have now..you put someone biting someones penis off now they'll go back and they'll say we'll the average teenager will see that and will have a frenzy of penis bitters on our hands..

LOL.......And really the last thing this worl needs is a frenzy of penis biters

^^ LOL no truer words have ever been spoken