Topic: Resident Evil: Extinction, last of the series?

Just read this on IGN.  Sony is stating that 3 will be the final in the franchise.  But of course I will be the Captain of the Obvious when I say if 3 makes big bucks Sony will be dragging out the story ideas for 4 and make it.

That is unless they are really being truthful about this and end the series on such a final note that there is no WAY, even if you brought in Capcom to create a 4.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/751/751224p1.html

Though, they could make a NEW RE trilogy if 3 does well and they don't wish to continue this one...

Re: Resident Evil: Extinction, last of the series?

Overall, I hope this is the last of the series.  I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil flms.  The games on the other hand, are awesome.

Yea I'm not a fan of the movies either.. I don't know what happened to the whole idea about a fourth film.. For some reason these movies always do well at the box office.. I guess they finally know when enough is enough..

i am probally the only fan of the movie i reckon the first one was alright but i loved the second cause of chacters out of the games were in it like nemesis jill oliver but hopefully this one will be good.

money talks, if #3 makes money they will do a #4 or the game studio will give the rights  to somebody else who will.

I thought the first two movies entertaining.  The first one I rented on DVD; the second I waited and saw it on HBO.  I am interested in seeing what they do for the 3rd.  I really don't want to think about a 4th though.  The plot line is getting pretty thin as it is.

I'm a fan of the game and I also enjoyed the movies aswell

i didnt do news on it being the last one when i got sent the synopsis simply because where is the proof? A synopsis changes 40 times a year sometimes, and a film gets made based on one thing... $$$$.

Even if they decided that this would be the last in this series, they could always use the 4th games plot in the next movie, get all new cast and even if a different studio did the movie, it wouldn't matter. That game was way cool and had some pretty cool monsters.

just keep the games a-coming I say. I will catch the movies on HBO.

the movies were allrite, but thay kinda strayed from the game series. i love the lickers in the first one, that was really kool. nemesis in the second one didnt look all that good. he sounded alot different from the game, (i think he sounded worse). the games were alot better, and the storyline has always been good

I liked the first and #2 was decent, it borrowed very heavily from Resident Evil Nemisis and I know quite a few gamers who were very pleased with that.  Though I have to say reading Romero's original screenplay I really dug it and wished he got to make it.  THAT would have been super cool.

Still, the pics and vids from #3 make it looks really good and Mulcahy is a very talented director.  Every flick of his I have seen I have enjoyed emensly.  Though I still want to see Razorback.

I am sorry, but i was reading the article about Resident Evil 3 potentially being the last and was a bit insulted when the author stated Resident Evil 2 "sucked ass".  Frankly, you should probably keep your over zealous opinions to yourself because not EVERYONE agrees with you.  It was rude, and uncalled for.  I loved both Resident Evil movies.  The plot line was said to be "getting thin"...Alice is based off of the character from Code Veronica!  The main beasty was able to do everything that Alice is able to do, so in a sense, the plot is merely following the games.  i think some of you just want more realism in your movies as opposed to your video games.  If you don't like the films, don't watch them.  Not that difficult.  I want more, many more.  One for every video game made.  I love the series, and if you don't...just don't spend your money...i will spend plenty of mine for you!  big_smile  As far as i am aware, the Director is planning on completing Four...whether Sony is involved is another question.  Many other companies will probably be willing to finish off the franchise.  Well, that's my rant for the evening...Cheerio

haha that would be me ResidentEvil, and its all good if you disagree with me. But as owner of the site I like to abuse my power by telling folks what I think of various films, I encourage you to abuse your powers as a member and keep me and my smart comments in check smile

Resident Evil 2 started out awesome, and went right down the crapper into MTV land for me. The first one was so good I was pee'ing my pants waiting for number 2.

i personally think they took too much from the games for the second movie. if u want characters from the game, go for it. if you want some of the cool moves from the games, thats fine too. but when u start mixing several storylines that happened in two totally different places, that just pisses me off. having Jill Valentine, Barry, and Nemisis in the movie was totally awesome (even if nemesis did look like crap compared to the game, i figured they would do his tenticals things) but then they started to intergrate Code Veronica into it. this just pissed me off. The Ashford family was never anywhere near Raccoon City.
TheResidentEvil: first off, welcome to the site. u complained about Meh giving his strong oppinons about the movie, well u did the same shit rite bak at him. almost every one here that iv met here has strong oppinions about one thing or another, if u dont agree with it, then give ur oppinion bak like u did.
Meh: i totally agree with u, the second movie really did suck ass. i just hope the third can redeme its absolute suckyness.

i hope #3 kicks ass to. I loved the first one and was so disspoinated in #2. You are quite right, I also felt they tried to put to much game mechanics in #2 which caused it to fail.

I liked the 2nd, thought it was cool they added stuff from the game into it.  And I have a feeling 3 will do great.

Welcome Resident and feel free to biotch at Fearless Leader...I mean Meh tongue

I will open my over zealous opinionated mouth too, so i guess i can't be too annoyed with him.  but i like resident evil...SO LAY OFF...hahahahahahah...thanks for the welcomes...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/film/828 according to bloody-disgusting.com Resident Evil Extinction will be the final movie in the franchise...This comes as very little surprise to me seeing as it was only forseen as a trilogy...i can't seem to find the original article, but the director of the first movie saw Resident Evil as a trilogy.  Movie one being pre-game, 2 as present game, and three as post game.  As much as i want a fourth movie, i think it'd be like beating a dead horse seeing as America is a desolate waste-land by the 3rd movie.  I don't really see where they could go with it.  but if they find a good plot line, more power to them i suppose!!!  We shall see after September 27th 2007 if Resident Evil Afterlife will come to fruition.  Well, Merry Chrisma-Hauna-Quanzic-Yuletide-Commercial Holliday to y'all...its six A.M. here and i have to be up in three hours...Ciao!!!

its all based on the synopsis. I want to hear a studio source.

They should have stopped after the first one....In the words of Horror Master Meh, Resident Evil 2 did indeed suck ass...

haha i knew that some of you would appreciate my comments smile I wanted to love RE2 but i couldnt. #1 kicked more ass then a wookie at an ewok bush party.

It's all a matter of opinion...and your opinion doesn't matter...LMAO...sorry, it made me laugh...HAPPY HOLIDAYS

lol

side note, just cause i am so happy...MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME AN IPOD SHUFFLE...

and to keep this on topic...i am still searching for the original article about resident evil being a trilogy...if y'all can hunt it down and post it here, i'd greatly appreciate it