Topic: Black Christmas Offends Christian Groups?

Read, share your comments.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7085.html

Re: Black Christmas Offends Christian Groups?

I read a news articals about this this morning.  I personally think that those who are bitching about this movie (or any movie for that matter) are entitled to their opinion -  as fucked up as it is!  Just to piss them off though, I hope it makes box office $$$ history!  Remember this post is coming from one of the "Born Again"!  And as such my loyalties are to my maker and not some weird arbatrary morality dictated by hypocrites.

i am with you skidog. I respect the fact that people's religions should not be screwed with, but we are talking a day of the year. If it was a movie about a killer Jesus I would be very upset. People are entitled their views and I respect that, but it seems a bit odd to me. Hopefully somebody who does find it offensive will post and make us see their viewpoint.

Of course people's religions should be screwed with.  That alows us as individuals to sort out the posers!  Just kidding... Don't send me hate mail it only makes me horny!

Why does this not suprise me? It was only a matter of time before someone somewhere complained about a horror movie with the word christmas in it. I love Christmas, and I love horror movies and tried to get ahold of silent night, deadly night to show at my holiday party with all of my family and friends. Couldn't find a copy though so I played the TFTC episode "all through the house" and Sata's Slay. It was good fun for all. Point is someone will always have a problem when it come to a holiday horror movie, wasn't there some issue with a film not too long ago that had the Easter bunny killing people and some group wanted the movie banned of some crap? In all honesty folks, it's just a movie, it dosen't take anything away from the holiday, it doesn't degrade Christmas, and it cirtenly doesn't  stop anyone that doesn't want to watch it from enjoying the holidays.

it seems to me the more offended everyone gets the smaller our world closes into a small cardboard box. Now that's spooky.
And actually a killer Jesus would make a great movie, not slasher more like what would it be like if Jesus was uncaring and ticked off?? I have played with that screenplay in my head.
there's a new computer game based on the left behind series where christians are fighting non-christians Now that leaves alot to offend. I say if your going to set a standard stick with it. I often wonder what "offend" feeling that does to people? Is it something that scars for life? Is it being made uncomfortable for a while? Do some people have a readily clicked offense button?
*sits and shivers*

I figure Black Christmas offends them because they have nothing better to do in their life, but to attack something and this is that something.

DemonToSome wrote:

I figure Black Christmas offends them because they have nothing better to do in their life, but to attack something and this is that something.

when a valid reason is not given I think exactly the same way. People make their life on getting offended, signing petitions and fighting the man, even though the man is in fact society itself and in turn them.

Right Meh.... it's like a vicious circle brought on by themselves and usually never won.

these people that are trying to protest this movie because it offends their religion should read the constitution. it says in the first ammendment that we have freedom of speach. iv told the principal at my high school that i have freedom to say whatever the fuck i want and he couldnt say anthing against that. these are the same kinda people that protested borat.

No surprise here.  I hate remakes, the Weinsteins are even more of a threat to horror than Asylum, early reviews for the film have been complete shit....but I agree with you skidog...I hope it does well enough in the box office to just rub it in.

But, I am far to young to remember when the original came out...but did this bruhaha happen then too?

But, as everyone has said...its just a bloody movie.  Its fantasy.  I still love what Marilyn Manson said on the Resident Evil Deluxe DVD says to the extent that "people get all pissed off with a horror movie that has people killing zombies that is complete fantasy and says its scars folks while Bush goes up and blows another country up"..great line. 

IMDB also has this story and you gotta love this:

Jennifer Giroux, co-founder of Operation Just Say Merry Christmas, adds, "The use of religious music 'Silent Night' and the nativity set on the front porch in one scene are insensitive to Christians. It's not enough to ignore and omit Christmas, but now it has to be offended, insulted and desecrated. Our most sacred holiday, actually a holy day, is being assaulted."

And I love the last part now it has to be offended, insulted and desecrated. Our most sacred holiday, actually a holy day, is being assaulted...umm...I think Corporate America has already done this lady.  They beat Hollywood to screwing with Christmas.  *points to the countless sales and everything to cash in on the holidays as soon as labor day is over*

Thats my two cents for now.

Well this is nothing new.. They did the exact same thing when Silent Night, Deadly Night was released.. Only the studio gave in and yanked the movie.. Nowadays studios aren't as willing to let people fuck with their money..

I believe that everyone's entitled to there own opinion, but I don't think theres anything to complain about with this film.  I mean, a killer stalks a bunch of sorority girls on Christmas day?  It's a fun little slasher flick and thats about it.  I'm sure that the filmmakers aren't making this film to degrade christianity or christmas day itself.  Sit back, enjoy the holidays, watch a scary movie revolving around christmas, what more could you want?  Overall, if you dont like it, dont see it.

agree Tim, and great points Goon

Great point Tim, and that should be the bottom line, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Noooo!  Let's force 'em to watch reruns of Blossom until they crack.

Plus what Jennifer Giroux is doing is bringing more attention to Black Christmas with her whining, so it could be a good thing to get more horror fans to check it out, who would normally not of heard about it.
So keep on promoting it miss Giroux tongue

I'm not surprise at all because this kinda thing always happeneds when theres religion involved it happened when The Exorcist came out..yes there entitled to there opinion as everyone is here but come on its a frigin movie get over it..

Great idea Skidog, and i think we should line them all up and pelt them with Full House DVDs and puppies.

and then the COMFY CHAIR!!

DemonToSome wrote:

Plus what Jennifer Giroux is doing is bringing more attention to Black Christmas with her whining, so it could be a good thing to get more horror fans to check it out, who would normally not of heard about it.
So keep on promoting it miss Giroux tongue

yes..shes doing quit well at promoting the movie..lol

Only thing negative press does is to help the film as people who wouldn't normally watch it will go see it to see what all the hubub is about.  So all they do is create hits from duds.

Free advertising for the movie.  The film makers must love that, especially considering I was going to give it a pass.  I may just see it now. 

Just so I understand this now.  It's okay to assault Jesus for an hour and a half in the most violent bloody way possible, but the concept of a killer stalking a few coeds on Christmas day is bad?  Last I checked, killers don't necessarily take holidays.  Scott Peterson for example.  There are plenty of real life horror stories out there they could be out protesting.

They're entitled to their opinion of course.  But it does seem counter intuitive to go after a movie that probably would have died a quiet death. 

But the first amendment protects them, just as it protects us and the film makers.

The comfy chair...can the pillow be far behind?  No one expects the Inquisition.  It's been awhile since I've seen that sketch.

Last edited by sMart (2006-12-19 16:28:11)

uh, Does anyone remember Nightmare Before Christmas, that upset a lot of the right wing christian evangelists...but i didn't stop Tim Burtton from making bank.  Heck, he is still making money through hot topic with the Nightmare BC line of products.  The Christians can keep whining, but offending people is what movie makers do best...it gets them publicity...it gets them followers...and most importantly, and what it all leads to is MONEY MONEY MMMMMMMMMMOOOONEY...MONNNEEY...

Smart I agree with you 100% on the real horror stories..thats like that Bill Douchbag O'Reily guy hes more concerned about things that our fake then the real deal, how about the men and women that our being killed over in Iraq now thats a real horror story there losing there lifes to keep people like that alive and there more concerned about a movie..