Topic: It's Alive Remake Trailer

Remakes, just can't seem to be enough of them.  Most of them are usually horrible and by the looks of the trailer, the remake of It's Alive...it doesn't look too good.  Shocktillyoudrop got a hold of the trailer for the film and you can che...

Read More : It's Alive Remake Trailer

Re: It's Alive Remake Trailer

That trailer is way too long.  I can remember watching the trailer for the original when it came out way back when, it always scared me...at the same time I couldn't not watch as it got closer and closer to the baby carriage with the hand hanging out.  I've got to go back and watch at least that one again.  I own the DVD with all 3 of them, but I want to make sure I see the first one again.  This trailer seems to lack a lot of the campiness I really enjoyed from the original...too bad.

the5thdroog wrote:

That trailer is way too long.  I can remember watching the trailer for the original when it came out way back when, it always scared me...at the same time I couldn't not watch as it got closer and closer to the baby carriage with the hand hanging out.  I've got to go back and watch at least that one again.  I own the DVD with all 3 of them, but I want to make sure I see the first one again.  This trailer seems to lack a lot of the campiness I really enjoyed from the original...too bad.

Yeah, I remember when the first one was on HBO, it had to be in the 70's already cause I remember   the trailer very vividly (ah a child's virgin mind) and they showed the crib with I think a music box playing and the hand over the side of the crib, and I still remember the sound it made, I used to hold my ears. lol...it was around the same time The Exorcist and the Omen was on HBO for the first time and HBO was like the ONLY pay movie channel going. It didn't look like a baby at all though, what, . so  this one looks like a baby, but is so strong it can drag a man across the floor?. . . please. And aren't they supposed to make you want to watch  the movie with a trailer?...

Another stupid, pointless remake.  Looks like something on the Sci-Fi channel.  This is a big PASS for ol' TTZ.  I think I'll go watch the original to be reminded of its brilliance.  wink

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2008-04-25 00:55:59)

i surprised i actually think this looks ok!   to be fair, i've never seen the original ( and i call myself a true horror fan! LOL).

I remember the original movie poster from when I was a kid, that creepy baby bassinet.

This doesn't look good one bit. Definitely a movie that shouldn't be made. If anything, this should just go straight to DVD. But if for some odd reason this goes into the theatre, it will definitely be a bad idea.

The reason the trailer is so long is because it was what they used at AFM to sell the movie to distributors.. You won't see this one in theaters.. I don't think it looks nearly as bad as some of you say it is but I was VERY disappointed that the baby doesn't look jacked up like the original.. To be honest that was really the only good thing about the original.

Yeah, I was sad to see the baby isn't all creepy looking either. Then again, they hardly showed it. It's more of a retelling in a way. At least they changed things up a bit.

Looks Like It Might Be A Good Movie

the5thdroog wrote:

I can remember watching the trailer for the original when it came out way back when, it always scared me...at the same time I couldn't not watch as it got closer and closer to the baby carriage with the hand hanging out.

Yeah, I remember that commercial very well.  I remember seeing the TV spot for the first time, I must have been seven years old or so, and remember my dread growing the closer the camera moved to the baby carriage.

It's funny, but I still haven't watched It's Alive to this day.  Not because I think it'll scare me, but because I know it'll never scare me as an adult the way the commercial scared me as a kid, and I kind of like having that memory of being scared shitless about seeing what was in that damn carriage.
lol

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-04-25 14:17:21)

Heh yea the original isn't that good anyway Lon.. You're probably better off remembering the fear from the trailer..

I can't really agree with you that the original wasn't any good because I did enjoy it, but the trailer was far scarier than the movie to me.

Last edited by the5thdroog (2008-04-25 18:04:31)

LET ME GUESS? ANOTHER PG-13 REMAKE!!!??? JUST SHOOT ME....:mad: hahaha

Last edited by shawn1428 (2008-04-26 02:35:53)

I liked the original and this looks pretty good compared to the first one, I really don't dislke any of the remakes except for the Fog and all the asian redos

Whatever happened to this?

Oh...looks like straight to DVD in October.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DL … B002DLB170

Last edited by JoeTerror (2009-08-20 10:40:51)