Topic: Stage Fright a.k.a Deliria

I had only recently seen Cemetery Man and enjoying it alot, decided to pick up Michele Soavi's directorial debut "Stage Fright". I really didn't expect much but I was definately surprised. The story concept is really smart, and the gore is amazing! I didn't find the ending that fitting, but the entire movie made up for that. It was definately worth the watch. Has anybody else seen it?

Re: Stage Fright a.k.a Deliria

Big fan of this flick.  Own an original VHS release (big white plastic box) and am waiting for the DVD I ordered last week from Amazon.Com.  Fun little slasher flick with buckets of grue.

EDIT: Speak of the devil.  Just ran by my apartment to check my mail and got this in today.  Will  be watching it when I get off work tonight.

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-01-22 19:35:20)

great flick , love the owl costume !!

Yeah, this is a good slasher film from Soavi and he also plays one of the cops in it. I liked the music in it when it shows the killer in the mental hospital.

The kills are pretty good in it especially the pitchfork to the mouth and the girl getting cut in half.

"Did you see that I shot him right between the eyes.....just like I said I would......right between the eyes, did you see that....right between the eyes....." lol:lol:

After done collecting Argento pictures i started to collect other foreign/most italian movies. I got this on dvd online after reading a few reviews and tried it out my self and really liked it. Liked the costume as well and was entertained throughout the movie and also didnt like the ending that much, it wasnt bad but ok i thought and think should have taken a different root and had plenty of good gore.

well I suppose the ending was just poking fun at how most slasher films end with the killer not being dead.

Good movie, good deaths scenes aswell

Huge surprise with this when I first saw this,its an excellent and well paced horror with a few chills along the way.Some good death scenes as well,definitely an underrated and underappreciated horror gem.

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-03-17 17:21:56)

Not only one of the best slashers ever made, but one of the best horror movies period. Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to do so ASAP.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Not only one of the best slashers ever made, but one of the best horror movies period. Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to do so ASAP.

Brillant and also you have brillant mind.

This movie is great.  A long time ago, I started picking up anything from Blue Underground (which proved to be a mistake once I picked up Night Train Murders).  I wasn't expecting much from this slasher, but I really liked it.  I liked the musical sense of it and that they were locked in.  The characters were pretty good and the deaths were even better.  Also the mask the killer wears was an interesting choice as far as design goes.

I just saw this a few months again. Gotta say its amazing. Great kills and cool characters.
What took me so long?!

Good question.  lol

This movie was my first official movie review.

I have never heard of this lil gem so I went to IMBd and checked it out . I gotta find this movie! Glad this older  thread popped up.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-08-03 20:32:15)

It's well worth the watch, Undie.  Splattery Italian craziness, I love every second of it.

It has been on my to see list for awhile now, and I just found it up the other day, so I plan to give it a watch soon.

Hell, it's been probably a year since I watched it myself.  Now that it's been brought up again, think I'll throw in my DVD after the Reds (probably) lose this game. hmm

I agree with everyone. This is a great film and an excellent slasher. I actually love the ending to it too, I don't know why. I like the characters, the gore, the suspense, the mask, the ending, it's awesome so check it out Underdog.

I think Stage Fright and Cemetery Man are easily Soavi's best films and yet they're so different from one another.

The Church is pretty slick, too, even if Argento was holding his hand. LOL

anyone seen The Sect (aka The Devil's Daughter)?
there's some really tripped out shit going on in that film, but it's a complete mess.
Especially the ending.

^^^ Yup, saw that several years back.  And I agree -- a couple interesting/intriguing ideas but otherwise it's a train wreck.

i've pre ordered the dual format of StageFright which will be released in the UK in May

I have the Blue Underground dvd of this and as far as spaghetti slashers go this one is at the top of the heap!

Jake Scully wrote:

i've pre ordered the dual format of StageFright which will be released in the UK in May

That's awesome it's getting a blu-ray release! It's limited to 3000 copies yikes damn

ChainSaW80 wrote:

I have the Blue Underground dvd of this and as far as spaghetti slashers go this one is at the top of the heap!

I agree, not only one of the best Italian slashers but one of the best slashers period.