Re: Blade TV Show on Spike

I saw the first episode also and as I said before, this series will get me to watch 3 total episodes. Right now I feel unimpressed, but I would watch it if I had nothing else to do.

The first episode sucked. Last night i caught episode 2 and found it to be an improvement. The biggest problem I have is the casting of BLADE. He just is not blade. I hate to slam the guy but he cant act, and certainly doesnt play the bad ass well.

I missed the episode last night once again.. I'm glad they are showing these often on encore.. Its getting really good numbers.. As a matter of fact the first episode recieved the best numbers for any Spike TV show..

that surprises me that the first show did so well. you will have to share episode 2 numbers when you see them since episode 1 i think left a bad taste in alot of mouths.

i remember i was watching spike one night and they had the two main characters from blade, some rapper dude playin wesley's roll and some other FBI chick and they were talking about the movie during the commercials of the airing of the texas chainsaw massacre remake which was the only reason i was watching.  Even though it wasnt even close to being as brilliant as the origional it was still entertaining.

Yea I've actually grown to like the series.. Even though I really miss Snipes as Blade I think it is still pretty good.. My only gripe is that I wish the stories were self contained in one episode.. Instead of dragging one story on for a whole season maybe longer.. There are so many stories that could be told surrounding Blade..

I hate to say it but the show is growing on me as well. I caught last nights episode nad its not near as bad as it used to be.

Hey have you guys read the review by Jerrica on the site? Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6344.html

So do you agree or disagree?

I dont like hearin' bout this series.  Sticky Fingaz or whatever the hell the rapper is playin blade, doesnt even come near to wesley snipe's talent.

Yea I still enjoy the series though.. I am a huge Wesley Snipes fan but I think Kirk Jones is doing an OK job.. Its a decent little show but I wish they had individual episodes instead of an ongoing saga.. There are lots of Blade stories that could be told..

Is his rapper name Sticky Fingaz, or am I on drugs?  For some reason I remember someone calling him that.

I liked the Blade movies and thought they were entertaining.  A good vampire film will always be savored IMO, but I think Blade the series just lacked what 1,2, and 3 had.

Yea its Stick Fingaz.. I never really set out to compare it to the movies.. I mean you can't.. Its just a TV show. The lower budget isn't going to be able to afford what gave the movies there sparkle. Not to mention that Guillermo del Toro directed the second..

Thats exactly why I think they shouldnt have put out the Blade series.  But hey, its still airing.

i saw a few minutes of the first episode and could not get into it,maybe it because of the poor acting or casting,who knows.

yeah for me the poor acting was just to big of a turn off. Its a great concept but with all the talented actors around why did they have to cast a rapper?

Exactly Meh...exactly...why a rapper?

I don't have much against Kirk Jones.. He doesn't have to do much except scowl and pull off some kung fu stuff.. I mean the character of Blade I think anyone could do.. Excpet of course the fighting stuff.. I think were just hung up on it not being Wesley Snipes.. Look at it this way, at least they didn't cast 50 Cent or Busta Rhymes..

very true Goon, god knows what would happen if they casted 50 cent as Blade *shivers*

Admittedly the show was not that great at first but as I watch the story grow and the actor get comfortable in their roles it's getting a lot better. Sticky Fingaz or whatever his name is will never be Blade as Wesley Snipes was Blade but he dosen't have to be, he just has to be this version of Blade and all in all it's not that bad. I like his partner Chin (or whatever) he is really filling out his role and so is Krista walking that fine line between a full on evil vampire and doing what's right.  There's my two cents..... and that's about all it's worth.

could it be the show has been cancelled? Rumor is the show is done. Good enough for me since I never liked the show anyways.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10055.html

The first movie was ok, but didn't care for the rest..I'm more of the Anne Rice vampire...thats why I didn't even bother with the show..

i really liked the first 2 movies. Blade Trinity blew and just when i thought it could get no worse we get a rapper cast as blade on a spike tv show. UGH.

Meh wrote:

i really liked the first 2 movies. Blade Trinity blew and just when i thought it could get no worse we get a rapper cast as blade on a spike tv show. UGH.

yes true but does it surprise you in away it seems too be happening alot these days..

isnt that the truth. It could have been a great show but they just had to throw in a rapper

Meh wrote:

isnt that the truth. It could have been a great show but they just had to throw in a rapper

it probably would of been a good show but they had throw in the gangsta blade w/ his bling bling lol..