Topic: Adrift, Open Water 2 Trailer

Just added it to our featured clips section. It doesnt look to bad.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-trai … ll_trlr_hi

Re: Adrift, Open Water 2 Trailer

An Open Water sequel? Eh, I don't know. I didn't like the first one too much and if they go with a similar concept I doubt I'll be too interested. The clips don't look too bad though.

Don't like based on events..but total specualtion movies.
I didn't like the first one either.

I thought the first one was ok, but didn't really warrant having a sequel.  This is very strange.  I doubt that the second can conjure up the same kind of magic the first one had.

i like the trailer for the 2nd one, but never saw the first

I thought the first one was just ok.  However, a sequel?  I dont know about that one.  But, the trailer does look nice.

The sequel appears to be good. The first one was good but no suspense. "Adrift" seems to have some action.

yeah i agree youngnation, and welcome to our community.

Eh.. the first to me was pretty boring. I mean the idea is great but they spend almost the entire movie in the middle of the ocean.. It was just daunting.. The sequel is just to over the top with the way they have things set up.. So many coincidences and whatnot but if it works, cool..

I thought this was a stand alone movie but since it had the same type of scenerio it was being called a sequal in other countries but not for the US release? The trailer makes it look a lot better then the first. The first one is supposed to be based on a true story but how would they know what happened to them, they both died, no one was there to tell the tale. Maybe they asked one of the sharks?

C'mon, guys.  That completely dark scene in the first one where you can only see when there is a lightening flash is awesome.  If you allow yourself to feel like you are with them, it is truly frightening (and I found it easiest to do in the theater).  I loved it.

One scene in a movie that lasts an hour and a half doesn't make it a good movie.. I mean come on they were out in the water the whole movie.. Thats it.. the synopsis in like one sentence..

LMAO Here we go.  I love you Goon.  But I swear you antagonize me on purpose.  wink
Obviously I don't think that was the ONLY good scene.  It was just one that stuck out.  I really enjoyed the entire film.  I thought it was wrought with tension and real, possible fear.  That is something that could feasibly happen...and did.  LOL

Heh yea I agree the fact that the movie is based on a true story is probably the scariest part.. But like I said before the actual film wasn't my cup of tea..

So what's going to happen here? All people missing at sea are going to be imortalised and have a movie made about them, based on what a screenwriter thinks happened to them? No truth in it just a made up story.
I watched the first one and thought it was alright, but nothing special.

i hope when im immortalized in film it has laser guns and sharks, and bouncing juggies.

Hmmmm, well lets see, we can say you were lost at see and a giant military helicopter has to recsue you, and when they get there you are surrounded by genetically altered sharks that escaped from Sea World that are inpervious to standard weaponry, so being short on man power the rescue team (all juggies recruited by the coast guard last minute by the way)comes to your aid in their bikinis packing the most advanced laser guns invented by NASA engineers. They repel from the helocopter at which time their tops all fly off and attack the sharks with the laser guns, but unfortunately for poor Meh they are too late and he is torn apart by the sharks in the epic battle. All the topless juggies weap for Meh and get a tattoo of his face on their right breast to show how brave they thought Meh was. How would that be for your movie?

Well look at TCM it has the based on a true story tag but really nothing in it is based on fact. I mean yea some of the set dressings and whatnot were found but other than that nothing like the movie was ever reported..

The same thing goes for all sorts of serial killer movies.. Just because some psycho says it happened one way doesn't mean thats how it went down.. Movies like Zodiac where they never even found the killer are very subjective.. Movies based on true stories are made all the time and are basically all made up by hearsy and whatnot. Then they are spiced up by some screenwriter.. Nothing new about that..

bang on post goon. I find it annoying how TCM is called a "true story" when it so blatantly is not.

I totally understand that it happens all the time Goon.
I just meant it for this thread. How can they have a part 2 of Open Water, it just seems rediculous.
And ya TCM is a true story, ya right. Thats total bullshit having at the beginning that its a true story, but that was just to make it more scary.

I hear ya Meh, but I would rather be immortalised in a film with just the bouncy juggies all over me and leave the lasers and sharks out of it

Goon wrote:

Well look at TCM it has the based on a true story tag but really nothing in it is based on fact. I mean yea some of the set dressings and whatnot were found but other than that nothing like the movie was ever reported..

The same thing goes for all sorts of serial killer movies.. Just because some psycho says it happened one way doesn't mean thats how it went down.. Movies like Zodiac where they never even found the killer are very subjective.. Movies based on true stories are made all the time and are basically all made up by hearsy and whatnot. Then they are spiced up by some screenwriter.. Nothing new about that..

accually they say it is based on a true story because it was apparently inspired by the story of Ed Gien (spelling?) who was accually from Wisconsin, he never used a chainsaw and only killed a handfull of women, but he did wear there skin on his face apparentlly and they found belts and other various stuff made from human skin, this is all in the special feateres on the SE TCM (2003) remake  a real BS movie would be the "blair witch project" witch i thought was some scary shit until i found out it was all BS lol.........damn them!!

The closest movie based on Ed Gein that I have seen is Deranged. The DVD I have has some special  features about Ed Gein.
- The Ed Gein Story - a 20-minute feature with the producer, Tom Karr, telling the true story of Ed Gein in his own words.
- Ed Gein - American Maniac - a 24-minute, shot-on-video documentary about Ed Gein. It features many still pictures of Ed Gein, his hometown, and farmhouse. It also includes crime scene photos and disturbing narration tongue

good post chainsaw but the movie was more BS then fact. and by that I mean its 99% bs. He did have a face in a paper bag in his house but no proof he was wearing it, he never had a chainsaw and he only actually had 1 victim, the rest were bodies he just dug up foor fun.

We are getting way off topic we should start a new thread tongue

ChainSaW80 wrote:
Goon wrote:

accually they say it is based on a true story because it was apparently inspired by the story of Ed Gien (spelling?) who was accually from Wisconsin, he never used a chainsaw and only killed a handfull of women, but he did wear there skin on his face apparentlly and they found belts and other various stuff made from human skin, this is all in the special feateres on the SE TCM (2003) remake  a real BS movie would be the "blair witch project" witch i thought was some scary shit until i found out it was all BS lol.........damn them!!

Actually, I have read where he did in fact use a chainsaw, and he wore skin, not so much a mask, but an entire female suit....can anyone say Buffalo Bill?

As for Open Water...hated it...total crap, but that's just my take.

I've used chainsaws too.... but nowhere have I ever heard that Gein used a chainsaw to kill. He killed 2 women (but maybe more, its unknown) and maybe his brother, and the  women were killed by a gun. He never used a chainsaw in his craziness