Topic: Masters of Horror Season 2

Not sure when or if it has started to air in the States, but the Canadian Premiere of the series starts on Saturday October 28 @ 11PM on the Scream channel.

I'm looking so forward to this. Another 2 weeks and counting.
I'll be burning them to DVD's again. I edit the commercials out but it has the Scream logo in the bottom corner, which I can live with.

Re: Masters of Horror Season 2

There should be some kick ass episodes this season, I really want to see pro-life and pelts. I loved the story for pelts, if you can find book called The Barrens and Others by F.Paul Wilson, it's in there.

Not that I need to remind anyone but MOH Season 2 kicks off tonight at 11pm on Scream with Tobe Hooper's 'The Damned Thing'.

"Inspired by Ambrose Bierce's classic short story, a monstrous force devastates Sheriff Kevin Reddle's family and his small Texas town. He must confront its horrific rage as it comes after him."

Yes is sure does start tonight...... I'll be in front of my TV at 11 smile

I've only seen the clips of THE DAMNED THING online...looks so friggen cool.  Well, like I have said...golden has to wait for dvds sad

But...may your soul be taken down into the fiery chasms of hell should any spoliers be written!! tongue

And the Masters of Horror website now looks kick ass.  But kinda slow...guess they just need to work out a kink or two.  And there is only galleries for about half of the episodes...no trailers as of yet.

Damn, you gotta wait 'till dvd? I'd ship you my satellite dish but I don't think it'll work for the american networks... if there was only a way for me to get Monsters HD and you MOH.. they should both be included with basic cable dammit !

well since where i live doesnt show i on tv ill just have to download it till the dvd comes out

I wish I can see it too because I was watching the previews on the Sci-fi channel and these movies look like there gonna scare the living shit out of me..:)

Yup never...gotta wait for the DVD.  I can get Showtime on my digital cable, but don't have the money.  Been tempted to do their like free trial for a few months thing during the time MOH shows though.

And I so want Monsters HD...but...I can't get it sad

The Damned Thing was well done except for the horrible CG effects at the end. It looked like they hired a first year animation student to do it. If you've got an effects master like Greg Nicotero working the gore effects then you've got to at least match that standard with your CG. If not then leave the crappy effects outta the show.

Crap, I forgot it was on!!!! This sucks!!!!! Hopefully they will replay it soon, if I can find out I will pass on the times for replays. Don't worry golden I keep them on my TiVo so come on over and you can watch it at my place.

Hard2Kill wrote:

Crap, I forgot it was on!!!! This sucks!!!!! Hopefully they will replay it soon, if I can find out I will pass on the times for replays. Don't worry golden I keep them on my TiVo so come on over and you can watch it at my place.

Comes on one of the Showtimes 1,2,3 about every night this week.
Yea, great story, then they decide to throw in the tar monster from Scooby Doo at the end!

Thanks PhilnEdee, appreciate it. That's kind of what he did with Mortuary though, the movie was cool until the end when he added some really lame CG FX. That's sad but I will watch it anyway.

took me long enough to get around to watching these.
I watched Dance of the Dead last night with Robert Englund.
An hour well spent:)

That was season one thedeadshallrule, this is season 2 smile
but yea Dance was an excellent episode

Family was a great episode.  The story line and the homages to Hitchcock's Psycho were great.

So far after 4 episodes, Family is the best IMO. I just saw "Sounds Like" and it seems more like a Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode than an all out Masters of Horror episode.
I think they can only get better now after seeing the first 4. At least I'm hoping!
Next week Pro-Life then Pelts. Those are two I'm lookin forward to seeing.

I totally agree with you on "Sounds Like" Demon, it was really well written though:)
I enjoyed the V Word the most so far, hey if my best freind acted like that guy, esp not getting out of the mortuary just banging on the door while I got ate, I'd go back in time and bitch slap him.

*crying*

I don't have Showtime and need to wait for the DVDs!

*lightens up*

Though right now from the clips I have seen (dying to see an actual trailer though) Pro-Life and V Word look like the coolest.

I thought "Sounds Like" was an excellent episode of Masters of Horror which dealt with a more powerful monster than most things: guilt.  In the episode, the man was fully consumed by a guilt which continued to eat away at him in the form of a supernatural way of hearing.  This guilt drove him to madness and eventually ruined his life, proving to be a mighty monster.

In my opinion, both "Family" and "Sounds Like" were my favorites so far, but in the case of originality, "Sounds Like" wins.

It was a good episode, watching his madness creeping up on him

Hey guys don't forget to throw up your reviews.. I just added a bunch more of the upcoming episodes.. Soon I will have them all up in the database. I wish I had Showtime but alas I'm stuck waiting for the DVD.

Sounds Like was very Twilight Zonish...good episode...not much horror, but I enjoyed it.

Did anybody catch Pro-Life last night? I'm dieing to hear how it turned out.. It looked kick ass from everything I had seen and the fact that it was John Carpenter directing it..

Goon wrote:

Did anybody catch Pro-Life last night? I'm dieing to hear how it turned out.. It looked kick ass from everything I had seen and the fact that it was John Carpenter directing it..

Ron Perlman did an great protrayal as "Dwayne Burcell".  Caitlin Wachs was riveting in her role as "Angelique". Doesn't anyone know anything about her? Something else she might have been in? I hope to see more of her acting on screen soon. And lastly John Carpenter lives up to his title......master of horror.