Topic: Redemption of the Undead : Official Thread

So I've been posting on HM for a long time, but I haven't been on here in a while. That's because I've been extremely busy trying to get a movie done that I'm making. Since everyone who posts on HM seems pretty laid back and open to new things, I figured I'd post a link to the first trailer I've made for it. Since the budget came out of my own pocket, and that I technically never went to film school, it's in no way professional, so don't expect theater quality. It's a zombie movie, shot on mini DV. Let me know what you think:

http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … ad_trailer

Thanks guys.

Re: Redemption of the Undead : Official Thread

Wow.. man that looks great. I really like the way you cut that trailer, the pacing is perfect. The intro is definetly the best part though. I never really thought about what that kind of isolation would do to a person.. Keep it up man. I'd like to see a finished product as soon as you get it together

Looks good. Having recently done something similiar in about the same way, I really just wanted to say good luck with everything.

Hey I posted it up on the site moviemanx.. I really dig it..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6816.html

*Claps hands*  Wow.  Let me say that I would definitely want to see the entire film.  It has that realistic feeling I think so many horror movies are lacking in modern times.  Also, it feels great because it is almost like a zombie version of The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price in it.  The whole idea of starving for human contact.  Great work overall, and what you are doing is what my friends and I have been trying to do forever but of course money is always an issue, as I am sure me saying this is just preaching to the choir so to speak.

Thanks for throwin that on the site Goon, that's very very cool. Thanks for all the comments everyone, they're all right on the money with what I was goin for, so I'm glad that the trailer gets that across. We still have about half the movie to shoot, so it should be another month and a half before I have a rough cut to show anyone.

I thought it was very promising until that music came in, it for me just spoiled the hole feel that had been building up. I just don't like it when horror films have that kind of music in them, it just takes the horror feeling away e.g. modern horror films with nu metal in them and stuff. I wish ppl wud use original scores like in halloween and nightmare on elm street, cos they created a sense of atmosphere, anyway good luck with your film. I wil lstop my little ramble now lol

I really liked the music.  Who's the artist?  I'm excited for you.  This looks like one of the few low budget zombie films in an ocean of low budget zombie films, that looks like it's worth the "celluloid" it's printed on.  Good luck with your film.  I'll definetly be first in line to pick this up should it make it to DvD.

Hey wow, I was really impressed watching the trailer. Well done!! Oh I gotta say this..."Makes me wanna keep my eye out for it". says the zombie:)
seriously, it looks sharp!!!!

finally somebody figures out how to use DV right. You are on the right track. I sent you an email since I think we will feature your trailer on site!

adamroddis wrote:

I thought it was very promising until that music came in, it for me just spoiled the hole feel that had been building up. I just don't like it when horror films have that kind of music in them, it just takes the horror feeling away e.g. modern horror films with nu metal in them and stuff. I wish ppl wud use original scores like in halloween and nightmare on elm street, cos they created a sense of atmosphere, anyway good luck with your film. I wil lstop my little ramble now lol

New poster here. The director of this film happens to be a close friend of mine, and we have had many conversations about music for this movie. I felt compelled to post and defend him for a sec, not that you were attacking him.

He wanted to do all original scores for the movie, and I have a feleing he probably still will. However, there was kind of a psuedo deadline to get this trailer done and premiered on Sat. the 28th. I could be wrong, but I think that is why you have some "nu-metal" for the trailer. I believe the movie itself will have mostly, if not all, original scores.

Furthermore, if you rewatch the trailer, I am the zombie who gets his head turned into a canoe towards the end of the trailer.

yeah i dont think Adam was attacking him so you dont need to defend MovieMan. He did post asking for some feedback. That said welcome to the site. Always good to have a variety of perspectives.

Ya I definitely want feedback, positive or negative, so thanks adam for your honesty, I know where you're coming from. Samson was right though, I have all original music from pianists, composers, an alternative band, etc, as I agree with adam when he said that one should have original music for their horror movie. I did have a deadline so I threw on a little Killswitch Engage at the end there, because I thought it really went well with the context. Thanks again guys this is really boosting my morale to get the rest of this done.

Good luck with the rest of your movie, it looks great. I am trying to shoot my own short film and if it's o.k. I would like to e-mail you and talk about what kind of camera you used and maybe some tricks to help mine look as good. You did a great job on the editing as well.

moviemanx wrote:

Ya I definitely want feedback, positive or negative, so thanks adam for your honesty, I know where you're coming from. Samson was right though, I have all original music from pianists, composers, an alternative band, etc, as I agree with adam when he said that one should have original music for their horror movie. I did have a deadline so I threw on a little Killswitch Engage at the end there, because I thought it really went well with the context. Thanks again guys this is really boosting my morale to get the rest of this done.

be sure and read your email.

Very cool.

I really liked the opening, very film noir.  Music is good and the rest of the trailer definate makes me want to check this out when you're done.  And great to see you have a lot of blood.  You guys use air mortars or something for the head eruptions?

moviemanx wrote:

Thanks for throwin that on the site Goon, that's very very cool. Thanks for all the comments everyone, they're all right on the money with what I was goin for, so I'm glad that the trailer gets that across. We still have about half the movie to shoot, so it should be another month and a half before I have a rough cut to show anyone.

Hey no problem man. When we got somebody within the horror community who is trying to do something we try and support them as much as possible.. I'm just anxious to see the film now. Good luck with it and make sure you keep me in the loop with everything..

Wow, that trailer was awesome beyond words. The special effects look awesome and everything else looks great so far. I'll be sure to keep track of this one. Nice work Moviemanx.

Looking real good. Those shots to the head were amazing effects....
I like!

DemonToSome wrote:

Looking real good. Those shots to the head were amazing effects....
I like!

Shots to the head WERE amazing, accept for the misfire that hit me directly between the eyes...

...You can be rest assured that it put my on my butt.

Also, Hopefully I didn't come off too strong before, I know he was looking for feedback, I just read what was said and was replying all. Sorry if anyone thought I was offended by what Adam said, or thought he was attacking movieman. smile

Hey guys, actually Meh my email has changed, I don't have the old one anymore - if you could re mail it to mattwilliamsomerville@yahoo.com it'd be great, cause I wanna read it. Hard2Kill, email me there and I'll tell you a bit more about how I did certain things. To simitar and everyone else who commented on the effects, a guy named JP Zombie (look him up on myspace, he's done some really cool shit) had constructed something called a "blood canon". He's really protective of his work, so I don't want to give too much away, but it was made out of a lot of things you could get at Home Depot.
Above all else, I'm really glad all the horror nuts on here enjoy how it looks so far - I get compliments from average joes, but when they come from you guys, it really hits home and lets me know I'm doing something right. I'll keep you guys posted on how things are going with it, thanks again for the support.

MovieManX my email was simple. EMAIL us the trailer and we wil lfeature you along side all the mainstream trailer. I need it in quicktime or mediplayer format. Email it to scoops@moviesonline.ca smile

MovieManX, thanks for that.  Killswitch Engage.  I'll have to check them out.  I'm almost as excited when I discover new music as I am at finding new movie gems.  Maybe more so.

I think this is plus 30 posts.  Pretty good for me, since I'm a professional lurker by trade.  I must like this community.  Sure we have our disagreements at times, but everyone has been very respectful here.  I just might be here to stay.  Fair warning everyone.

Just to add to the hype. This trailer made its triumphant debut on Saturday Night in front of about 75 people. It was pretty unanimous the support and cheers that rang throughout the trailer.

In fact, it had to be replayed twice in order for people to hear the actors. They just saw blood and they went nuts. LOL!

A buddy of mine sent me a link to the trailer for this movie earlier today... All I have to say is keep up the awesome work! Can't wait, I really enjoyed the trailer, and definately keeping an eye on this one!