Topic: Mainstream DVD's recently purchased:

So we have a topic like this on the horror section of things, but not mainstream.  SInce I am bored as hell, I decided to make this a topic over here as well.  The last mainstream movie you purchased on DVD.

Today I was at a Wal-Mart and found the 2 for $10 bin LOADED with movies.  I dove right in and found tons of movies.  Those that I found and purchased at $5 a piece included:

Running Man 2-Disc Special edition
Escape From New York
T2: Ultimate Edition
Grump Old Men/Grumpier Old Men (Double Feature)
Mortal Kombat
The Doors 2 Disc Special Edition
The Never ending Story
Spies Like Us

Lots more good movies that I had in my hands but talked myself out of, but overall a good haul for $40!

Re: Mainstream DVD's recently purchased:

great idea jmh

picked up ratatouille for the family and i think that i enjoyed it the most. great flick.

Death Sentence
Eastern Promises
Balls of Fury
The Simpsons Movie
War
Zodiac 2-Disc Director's Cut
American Pie Presents Beta House

D-War
Zodiac 2-Disc Director's Cut
Death Sentence

Picked up Shoot 'Em Up on DVD today -- what a great flick!  Clive Owen kicks so much ass in this flick there's, like, no ass left in the world to be kicked.  Because he kicks so much ass.  A lot of ass kicked herein. 

Ass.

3:10 to Yuma
Return of the Dragon
Invasion USA

Those are the last ones that I bought recently that are non horror.

LoudLon wrote:

Picked up Shoot 'Em Up on DVD today -- what a great flick!  Clive Owen kicks so much ass in this flick there's, like, no ass left in the world to be kicked.  Because he kicks so much ass.  A lot of ass kicked herein. 

Ass.

LmaO lol yeah dude i liked Shoot Em Up alot myself plenty of over the top action and corney one-liners lol

16 Blocks with Bruce Willis...Very cool little flick..

Ok this is hilarious as hell:

I just got a package in the mail and there was a DVD in there, it was American Pie Presents Beta House which i entered on the sister site moviesonline.ca and they never announced any of the names who won that DVD. Hell! Free DVD that i won and which is also good as hell and hilarious as hell too.

Got Extreme Prejudice in the mail today -- great Nick Nolte flick, with Powers Boothe as the scenery-chewing bad guy.

Also got in the mail a screener to review for Zombie Keeper.Com, which closed down almost a year ago.  This is about the seventh or eighth DVD screener I've got since the site closed down, but I've not informed the folks who keep sending me these screeners  because...well...because they just keep sending them.
lol

Yesterday I bought Eddie Murphy Delirious... he spews out some funny shit during his stand up acts back in the 80's. I've had the VHS tape of it since I don't remember when, but its worn out pretty good.

LoudLon wrote:

Got Extreme Prejudice in the mail today -- great Nick Nolte flick, with Powers Boothe as the scenery-chewing bad guy.

Also got in the mail a screener to review for Zombie Keeper.Com, which closed down almost a year ago.  This is about the seventh or eighth DVD screener I've got since the site closed down, but I've not informed the folks who keep sending me these screeners  because...well...because they just keep sending them.
lol

Thats awesome... I wouldn't say anything about it and just keep getting them for as long as your luck holds out.

last one i bought was memento special 2 disc edition.
also got the special edition of american psycho.

Donnie Darko 2 Disc Dirctor's Cut

Last mainstream (although, I wouldn't necessarily call them 'mainstream'), movies I picked up were "Shogun Assassin" and "Shogun Assassin 2".  Some of my favorite kung-fu, right there.

Clash of the Titans - I've wanted to get this for so long now, so now I have it.

I bought "Pulse" from Big Lots for $3. It's the one from 1988 about electricity with a mind of its own not the Japanese one or the remake. I suppose it counts as mainstream.

Barbie As The Island Princess

hard candy, seriously great film that flew under the radar for too many people.

A Mighty Wind o.o christopher guest is great, and it was only like 3$, i couldnt resist.

Spidey 3

i just picked up "Snatch" and "Flatliners"

just got Equilibrium for 2$! o.o i love that movie.

30 Days of Night which was okay but pretty disappointing for me since I was such a huge fan of the graphic novels and City of Violence which was an excellent Asian film

Just picked up a german dvd of Man in the Wilderness. Agreat flick starring Richard Harris an John Huston. Harris plays the part, based on a true story, of Hugh Glass a mountain man who is attacked by a grizzly and left for dead by his partners. They even took his rifle and gear. A remarkable survival story with revenge being the fuel. I hope it someday gets an american release because the soundtrack is pretty bad.