Topic: Helloooooo Everyone! Looking for horror movie title...

I would like to say hey to all first and then ask for help locating a title.
The movie itself has to be before the 1960's and I'm pretty sure it was black and white. I saw it as a little kid and the one scene I remember to this day still sends shivers. It is an old scary lady that appears in a mirror and I guess is a ghost or bad spirit. This image has been in horror magazines too. The creature is sort of wrapped up like mummy but appears floating with her arms doing a hula dance movement. I believe someone is looking at her or is her in real life. I would love to know the name of the movie, just hope that's enough to go on for a title. Thanks!

Re: Helloooooo Everyone! Looking for horror movie title...

This is a reach, but the first thing that comes to mind is the original House on Haunted Hill.  There is a ghostly scene but I believe it is in a window.

Unfortunately no but still a good campy horror film and Vincent Price was very cool in it.

Hmm how about the original 13 Ghosts? Its just a guess because I'm not really sure.. Do you know any of the actors in the film?

You know Goon, I was thinking the same thing....either that or Nightmare castle.

Wasn't there a scene like that in Dementia 13? That movie pops into my mind for some reason.

Thanks for titles. I know it's not 13 Ghosts having seen it recently but Dementia 13 is one I will check out. Nightmare Castle is too new and in color but definetly sounds interesting.

I think the scene was at the end of the movie and I remember there were a woman who went down stairs and screamed at the mirror. Others followed to her aid but all they saw was the creature just staring back at them trapped in the mirror.

One other thing I remember is seeing the image in a horror magazine (maybe Monster) I had when I was a kid in the early 60's.

the first title come in my mind is creepshow but its not black and white

Haunted by Her Past (1987 TV movie)?

The evil spirit of one of her ancestors possesses a young woman who inadvertently comes into possession of a haunted mirror.

I'm wondering about The Invisible Man or any of it's spin-offs. There's definitely a scene in the original of the invisible man removing his bandages in front of a mirror, and obviously being invisible is rather ghostly. It's been a while since I have seen Dementia 13, can't recall that scene specifically.

You guys realize this question was asked over seven years ago and the OP hasn't been seen or heard from since...?

Bwahaha, I normally notice that. People have been resurrecting ridiculously old threads recently. Never know, maybe year 8 is the year of the return!

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with reviving such old threads.  It's cool we have members who like to go spelunking in search of old forum treasures.  It's even cool if they decided to revive some of them.  But a thread like this?  Far from a treasure, and not worth dragging back out and clogging up the joint.

My two cents, anyway.

Agreed. I wonder how it even happens.

Theli wrote:

Agreed. I wonder how it even happens.

caravavi  Happened, that why smile

As he newbie, we let him of  the hook!

No problem of course. It just seems strange, who would search up this title, or go through pages and pages of threads to find this...

GD usually. smile)  That's his modus operandi, which I appreciate. I don't have the patience to find most of the marvels of this forum. tongue

I'm wondering whether it's either MIRROR OF EVIL or TERROR (not THE Terror. ) but both were in color.

So are we NOT answering this?

BWAHAHAHAHHA

LoudLon wrote:

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with reviving such old threads.  It's cool we have members who like to go spelunking in search of old forum treasures.  It's even cool if they decided to revive some of them.  But a thread like this?  Far from a treasure, and not worth dragging back out and clogging up the joint.

My two cents, anyway.

I don't mind it mate although I do so wonder how long it would take to delve through the board archives to even find a thread this old. That must take some patience. Still, if the bottle of single malt Glenfiddich and the young girl in my cellar have taught me anything then it's that 8 years is a good age!!! lol