Topic: looking for movie title desperately

When I was a kid in about 89 I remember watching a specific scene in this movie that has stuck with me till this day. I was very young so I don't remember much. I remember A woman who may have invited children over for a birthday party and was going to do a magic trick and saw them in half, and she put all of them in this huge chest and i remember her sawing it in half and the image of blood splattering all over a little girls white dress inside the chest has haunte my my entire childhood. If anyone know what movie I'm talking about, please help.

Re: looking for movie title desperately

Man.. it sounds really famialar.. Do you remember any of the actors? or any other details?

I remember the woman who played the killer for some reason reminded me of the woman in lamb chops play along. I also remember it took place during the day and in a suburban neighborhood and they loaded the chest onto a truck.

For some reaso I think it's Happy Birthday To Me from 1981 but it has been a long time and I'm not 100% on that.

Hey you may be on to something there.  There was definitely a traumatic sequence like that but it has been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember.

I don't think that's it, saw that one not too long ago and don't remeber kids party...is teens drinking, pot smoking, doing the rub, etc... at the end they have a party and the "guests" are all dead bodies.

i think it was a flash back kind of scene though, I could be wrong

Yeah that's what I was picturing.

I just looked up a scene by scene for happy birthday to me, your right it's not that movie, in that one she kills everyone because they didn't come to her party and she wasn't invited to the one the other kids went to. I'll keep looking, it sound so familiar but I can't seem to place it.

could it have been april fools day?

checking under 1989 there were a few horrorfilms id throw in here just in case.

phantom of the opera (with robert englund)

society

beware children at play! (troma)

Last edited by survivalist (2006-11-02 04:16:11)

The only one of those I have not seen is Beware, children at play but it's not any one of the other 3, I am sure of that.

Nah, it's not beware.  Although you should check that out, Hard2Kill.  It has an awesomely Troma-ish disturbing ending that rocks.  tongue

And Baby, your reverse version of my Avatar is confusing me.  LMAO  I keep saying to myself:  "I didn't say that."  Then I realize it's you.  wink

See i thought it was you maven trying to pull a fast one, or maybe trying to get Meh to go crazy.

Hehe No that's my boyfriend.  I didn't know he did that until just  a little while ago and it messed with my head.  LMAO

that's your boyfriend! holy crap, I better be nice to you from now on, I didn't know he was in here somewhere. that's kind of funny though.

LOL You've always been nice to me.
Yeah he's around, he just doesn't talk alot.  He pops in now and again but he is always watching.  tongue

it's good you guys both like the same stuff, I have to force my wife to watch some of the movies I bring home. Some she ends up enjoying others she sleeps through. i still have no idea what this movie is, it's starting to bug me now.

Yeah we do.  As a matter of fact, that is what brought us together.  We like ALL the same stuff.   It makes for lots of fun.  smile

Yeah, I am really stumped with this one.  I just don't know.  Sorry guy.  sad

Thanks for your help. I'm gonna keep on trying, but I'm determined to find this movie. I've been looking for most of my life.

don't fret little one, someone will have the answer you seek.......

moviemaven wrote:

Yeah he's around, he just doesn't talk alot.  He pops in now and again but he is always watching.

oh yes im always watching...hehe

and if you want to be really detailed about it just do a ear by year search of movies released back then, a name might trigger something there.

Cool Avatar babe.  Now it is exactly the opposite of mine.  smile

i did a search for horro released in the 80 and looked through a list of like two hundred and some odd films and i didn't see anything that fit that or could have fit that.

it could have just been a short part in a movie. But thats all I remember about it. I was only 4 or 5 when I watched it, and my mom doesn't ever remember letting me watch something like that and thinks I just dreamt it, but my bro remembers watching it too. I'm trying to remember anything else that happened in it.