Topic: Poster Titles When Submitting

When you submit a poster please make sure to TRY and include the title of the movie. IE, dont put 'sexy poster' or 'love this poster'. It makes it harder for our code to MATCh the poster to the right movie when we approve it.

Thanks gang smile Lots of great posters submitted and we appreciate it!

Re: Poster Titles When Submitting

Can we put stuff like The Fog (Shitty Remake) ?:D

haha i would prefer you dont. We are geting TONS of submissions and my code MATCHES the movie to the poster based on hte title. So if you put something odd in I have to manually search our database for the right link smile

What about words like "The" "A" - example: "The Exorcist" - is it better to just put "Exorcist" or A Nightmare on Elm Street...Nighmare on Elm Street?

Trying to make life easy for you.

hey i just noticed some of the posters i subimitted are up on the main page but i my toetags are still the same...
or am i so stupid i didnt notice? lol

on remakes or org. do you want release year, or us to specify international or anything of the like, or just the movie title nothing else?

Does it matter what I put for poster titles when I submit my uber rare ones that arent in the database?   lol  lol

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

hey i just noticed some of the posters i subimitted are up on the main page but i my toetags are still the same...
or am i so stupid i didnt notice? lol

You may have not noticed.  Click the poster and see if your name is the one as who submitted it.  Maybe someone else submitted them before your submission went through  Thats a slim possibility too.

jmh is right in his answer. and yeah you can put year in the title if you want, or just leave it off, we can normally tell from the poster..

Well everytime i submit my posters i always make sure i put the correct title in. And as far as the rare posters go, i actually submitted a bunch of them yesterday morning. But haven't been apporved yet.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2008-02-14 14:50:00)

thanks Bdd smile We appreciate it.. 99% are using great titles i just wanted to point it out

Oh no problem at all Meh. Anytime. So when i submit more posters, don't expect me to put Sexy Layout or Sexy Big-boobed Chick on Layout. lol

haha thanks smile

No problem at all. Now i was however, at first, considering putting in the titles of some sort to get you all confused or what not. But then i figured hey, you already have it tough already to go through a butt load of posters. So i figured. You know what. I'll make it easy on Meh and put in the exact titles of the movies. lol

oh no it is my name and the posters are also in my morguespace

also make note that we always approve the bigger better quality poster. IE, photos of posters we rarely approve and we will always approve the BETTER quality poster ( larger size, and better clarity ).

ahh i see. thanks Meh, i didnt know that...i just find posters and have BDD blow them up for me, i'll try to look for larger one's big_smile

Damn! I'll keep that in mind for now on Meh. So i can put the setting to as high of a quality as it can go and you'll take it.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

ahh i see. thanks Meh, i didnt know that...i just find posters and have BDD blow them up for me, i'll try to look for larger one's big_smile

Yeah but it doesn't matter. You still need me to blow those posters up. No matter what.

yeah but if you blow up a bigger poster the quality will be better

No i'm going to keep it the same size. He's talking about right before i save them, to make the quality bigger. Not the image bigger.

yeah... and what i said about not approving PHOTOS of posters is not entirely true. If its a straight on good shot we do. JMH who has a massive poster collection has submitted TONS that have been approved.

Hey i know all of mine haven't been approved yet. But i just think you haven't gotten around to it yet. That's why i'm being patient along with being a patient man.

Meh wrote:

yeah... and what i said about not approving PHOTOS of posters is not entirely true. If its a straight on good shot we do. JMH who has a massive poster collection has submitted TONS that have been approved.

Yeah I have some pictures of posters I didnt expect to get approved.  The poster for Ben I didnt expect to get approved.  Bad picture, terrible condition.  lol.  But hey it was worth a shot.  Worst that can happen is it isnt approved. 

Meh the one question I have is for posters that are double bills, with two titles.  For example, I submitted a double bill poster for I Drink Your Blood/I Eat Your Skin.  It got approved but is only tagged as I Drink Your Blood.  Should I submit a second one titled "I Eat Your Skin" so there is one for that film or should I just leave it be?

Last edited by jmh314 (2008-02-14 16:21:24)

yeah we cant link posters  to two movies so we had to just pick one.