Topic: Win Godzilla vs Mothra 1 of 2 Copies

Can NEVER have enough contests. This time its some classic horror! Godzilla vs Mothra!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6844.html

Re: Win Godzilla vs Mothra 1 of 2 Copies

smile

*same post as in other Godzilla thread*

But...the egg looks so real  tongue

But, I really do like the cover art for this and the other one.  Really like they have the Japanese poster in the center with the US title above.

Any special features?

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-11-03 10:29:59)

not that i know of no.

Well...getting a chance to see the Japanese original without the English dub of words when the mouth isn't moving is good for me.

But, as I leaned in closer to my comp I saw on the blue band (and red for the other) on the bottom of the box it lists AUDIO COMMENTARY, SLIDE SHOW, and ORIGINAL JAPANESE TRAILER.  So...looks like getting the same treatment as Gojira.

Man I love all of those old Godzilla movies.  I used to watch those every Saturday afternoon when I was growing up.  tongue

me too Maven, i used to sit with my dad and we would watch em'. they are so fun.

This has to be my favorite Godzilla movie.  I love Mothra so much.  Hopefully I will win, but good luck to all!

Mothra rocks!  This was one of my favorite Monster week movies as a kid!

GO GO Godzilla

Godzilla movies are so much fun.  Thanks.

the cover to this one looks pretty cool, I like how it has the original lettering and godzilla written on the side, very cool.

thanks Meh!!!!!

There was a Godzilla film I saw, must have been late sixties, early seventies... The thing was shot in Cinemascope and looked more like a James Bond Spy flick than a Kaiju film.   The Big bad was a blob with One Red Eye, IIRC.  Anyone know which it is?

I'm not sure what you mean by a blob, but Gigan had one red eye in Godzilla Vs. Gigan 1972

No, I know Gigan.  This was really an amorphous blob... maybe tenticled... and one eye that looked like a glowing red donut.

MIGHT have been Hedorah, now that I'm looking at pics.  It really was unlike ANY of the other Godzila Movies I had seen.  It was like... Ultra-Lounge Godzilla.  But not Cheesy Godzilla that followed, like Godzilla V. Megalon. Just... trippy.

Don't know if I will be able to get in thirty post by the drawing but good luck to everyone else.

Oh man I used to love watching these on Saturdays as a kid too. Model smashing goodness that godzilla.

Long live Gojira!!!

Hey, you're halfway there!  Have faith!

Mirthquake wrote:

There was a Godzilla film I saw, must have been late sixties, early seventies... The thing was shot in Cinemascope and looked more like a James Bond Spy flick than a Kaiju film.   The Big bad was a blob with One Red Eye, IIRC.  Anyone know which it is?

Sounds like "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" (Hedorah, apparantly), which is one of my faves (although I havent' seen it since the '70s).  I love the opening scene where there's a nightclub and some kids come out and get in a car...  you'd never guess what happens next!

Yup. That's the one!

I remember watching the Hedorah film a few weeks ago.  Man that thing looked goofy just like the dubbing job.  Still, like all the Godzilla films imo...good fun.

I hope Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla movie makes it to dvd, it was one of my favorites as a kid:) If it makes it into a contest, I will squeal with delight!!!

Make sure you squeal loud enough for all of us to hear

Yah, Destroy all Monsters rocks all kinds of ways.

I have Destroy all Monsters on DVD from a company called ADV Films. Its great stuff becasue I remember the first lines are something like its the year 1999 and man has established moon colonies across the moon. That first line made me laugh enough!