Topic: Tim Burton speaks of Beetlejuice 2 & other rumored sequels.

If your a fan of Beetlejuice, And have always had hopes that Burton would consider doing a sequel, Well im here to kill off your joy, With this bit of news ( http://www.cinematical.com/2006/02/17/b … -2-rumors/ ) Back in Feb IESB interviewed Tim Burton and asked him about the rumored Beetlejuice 2 along with if he would ever consider doing sequels to any of his films like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Burton axed those rumors real fast claiming they were more personal and wanted to keep them as pure as possible. Burton talked of how fond he was of Edgar Allan Poe and left open the door to a Poe project in the near future. Burton also spoke of his next project Believe It Or Not. I agree with Burton on keeping them as pure as possible, Its better to not tag a good film up with a shity sequel (I know this was not a horror film but look what happened with Son of the Mask) Share your thoughts.

Re: Tim Burton speaks of Beetlejuice 2 & other rumored sequels.

The only Burton film which needed a sequel was Batman.  And Batman Returns was amazing.  As for his other films, I think he should leave them alone.  Sequels would destroy his other movies.  Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Beatle Juice, Big Fish, and all his other great films should be left alone.  They are amazing testimonies of his work, with their dark natures and lovable characters.  Although, to be honest, I could care less what he does with his versions of Planet of the Apes and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, because they were horrible, horrible movies.  I would have rather seen Battlefield Earth and Gigli back to back, then have seen those movies.

Yea I don't really see his other films getting a sequel.. Burton does a nice job of wrapping up a story and leaving you fufilled with one film. I heard that Michael Keaton was interested in coming back for Beetlejuice 2.. but actors can say anything usually its up to the studios..

I never even saw Planet of the Apes, I didn't even know it was a Burton film till recently, Maybe i'll check it out.