Topic: Nightmare Detective Exclusive Clip

Nightmare Detective is out on DVD today and you can checkout a gruesome exclusive clip for it right here
Nightmare Detective, which is written and directed by Shinya Tsukamoto (Tetsuo, the Iron Man) is the story of a detective investigating the suic...

Read More : Nightmare Detective Exclusive Clip

Re: Nightmare Detective Exclusive Clip

Damn! I'm really glad that i got this. Like i said before, i'll do a review for this movie once i have the chance. I'll most likely do it tomorrow. But if i have nothing going on tonight, then i will do the review for it. But you can sure as hell count on a review to this movie from me.

thats right you won a copy here.. i forgot about that smile

Yep that's right. The great buddies at HM where i won it from. And i didn't even know that it came out today until i saw a piece of paper inside of Storm Warning and Nightmare Detective that listed all the Dimension Extreme movie and posted the dates to Storm Warning and Nightmare Detective and to my surprise that it came out today.

Y eah mine just came in the mail from Netflix.  I got work in an hour, but I'll probably watch it when i get out later tonight

^ Just opened up my movie to see that it was NOT nightmare detective it was another Asian movie I've been waiting for.  However, they received my other return today so Nightmare Detective was sent today and should arrive tomorrow.

^ Watch. It's going to be another movie and not Nightmare Detective.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

lol no I checked my netflix this time and it said Nigthmare Detective was shipped.  I forgot I had 1 movie ahead of it on ym queue so I saw the envelope and figured it was Nightmare Detective until I opened it.  But I'm looking forward to watching this other one too.  It's a Japanese Revenge/horror film, so should be entertaining.

jmh314 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

lol no I checked my netflix this time and it said Nigthmare Detective was shipped.  I forgot I had 1 movie ahead of it on ym queue so I saw the envelope and figured it was Nightmare Detective until I opened it.  But I'm looking forward to watching this other one too.  It's a Japanese Revenge/horror film, so should be entertaining.

Oh ok. That would of been hilarious if it turned out to be a different movie. You open it up and it says Nightmare Detective on the package but you take the disc out and it turns out to be a different movie. It actually happened to my buddy before.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
jmh314 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Oh ok. That would of been hilarious if it turned out to be a different movie. You open it up and it says Nightmare Detective on the package but you take the disc out and it turns out to be a different movie. It actually happened to my buddy before.

LoL yeah well like i said on AIM when I got home, mail came a second time today after Iw ent to work and I had yet another red envelope waiting for me in it!  smile  I love living in such a big building cause mail often comes twice and you get fun surprises!  I opened it, it was Nightmare Detective, and i just got done watching it.  Review should be done shortly.  Good, but really confused the fuck out of me in the end.

Reviews up:  http://www.horror-movies.ca/reviews.php?id=3744

Really the only thing that kept this from being a 9 or so was the final act.  Things just got a little too crazy towards the end and really was tough to keep track of what was going on.  it became a total mindfuck as the story shifted too heavily on the dreams aspects of the story.  If the end would have been much tighter I could honestly say this film would have been a 9.  Some of the best cinematography and camera work i have seen in an Asian horror.

Well i know i got Nightmare Detective this past Friday, but i didn't have the time to watch it and do a review for it. Well tonight is the night. I will be watching it and busting out a review for it.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Well i know i got Nightmare Detective this past Friday, but i didn't have the time to watch it and do a review for it. Well tonight is the night. I will be watching it and busting out a review for it.

If you watch it and get it done before 11pm tonight, PM me cause I work til then.  If not, I'll talk to yoyu about it on AIM tonight.   

I wanna see what you thought.  it was REALLY good up into the cluster fuck of a confusing finale act.  Everything was moving along like a great mix of CSI & X-Files combo type horror mystery, and turned into a bigger mindfuck than The Cell with the end sequences.

jmh314 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

If you watch it and get it done before 11pm tonight, PM me cause I work til then.  If not, I'll talk to yoyu about it on AIM tonight.   

I wanna see what you thought.  it was REALLY good up into the cluster fuck of a confusing finale act.  Everything was moving along like a great mix of CSI & X-Files combo type horror mystery, and turned into a bigger mindfuck than The Cell with the end sequences.

Alright cool. Yeah i'll see what i can do. But you know how long it takes me to write my reviews. Somewhere between 2-3 hours. But if i don't get it done by then, then yeah we can discuss about it.

^When you log in to write your review just shoot me a quick PM and tell me if the ending was a fuckin weird for you as it was for me.  lol  Really spun into David Lynch crazyness at the end after such strong beginning IMHO

jmh314 wrote:

^When you log in to write your review just shoot me a quick PM and tell me if the ending was a fuckin weird for you as it was for me.  lol  Really spun into David Lynch crazyness at the end after such strong beginning IMHO

Yeah i can do that. I'll shoot you an PM after i finish writing my review and then i'll let you know.

jmh314 wrote:

Reviews up:  http://www.horror-movies.ca/reviews.php?id=3744

Really the only thing that kept this from being a 9 or so was the final act.  Things just got a little too crazy towards the end and really was tough to keep track of what was going on.  it became a total mindfuck as the story shifted too heavily on the dreams aspects of the story.  If the end would have been much tighter I could honestly say this film would have been a 9.  Some of the best cinematography and camera work i have seen in an Asian horror.

I agree , I fukin loved this movie !!! ...  the end was a little hard to follow ,but even with that its awesome !!

Well i finally watched Nightmare Detective last night. Yeah i know. About time, huh. Well i was actually a little backed track on watching it b/c i either had stuff going on or was sick as hell. Well i did a review for the movie last night, but with my internet completely acting up so much that i couldn't even go to any sites. Well luckily i wrote out my review. So tonight expect my review to be up.