Topic: Horror/Sci-Fi/Toyfare or even Comic convention in Vancouver BC???

Hey Guy,

new to this site, forum and Vancouver.
Work has brought me here from Australia, and i want to check out some cool conventions where i can buy some crap.

Anything like this going down in Vancouver anytime soon?
I looked around the web but didnt see much, and anything i did find was near the end of the year.

Cheers.

Re: Horror/Sci-Fi/Toyfare or even Comic convention in Vancouver BC???

Hey BAN 454 - Welcome to Vancouver! I`m here as well. There`s not much in the way of horror conventions in this neck of the woods - there once was a horror film fest but now that is gone...I`m actually thinking of trying to get something going in this sleepy town.
Shake

Hey, thanks Shake. I'm enjoying it so far.

Yeah a film fest could  be fun. I have put on a few small screenings myself a while back in Sydney.

I'd love to get into something like this, not to mention meet some other horror fans too.

Many other people on this board in Van?

Not that I know of - Im currently in rewrites of a horror script for a producer here in Van. - but a festival is much needed. Where to start!

No shit?!

Ha, crazy. Im here on a 2 year contract working as an editor on a film. Not horror sadly. But, we totally should do something.  I'll ask around here if anyone knows anyone with some short films. See what comes of that.

Cheers.

BAN 454 wrote:

No shit?!

Ha, crazy. Im here on a 2 year contract working as an editor on a film. Not horror sadly. But, we totally should do something.  I'll ask around here if anyone knows anyone with some short films. See what comes of that.

Cheers.

Yes, for sure! what part of the city are you in? i'm cambie/13th area.

Ha crazy!

I work on W Broadway!

Living on Seymour, usually get drunk off my ass at the Cambie hotel or Furniture Warehouse on granville, sometimes i drink afterwork around the broadway area. We should grab a beer sometime and talk about blood n guts.

Cheers.

For sure! I enjoy getting drunk off my ass as well...I'll PM you my email.
I'm heading to Martini's tomorrow night with friends....where you going to be?