Topic: Selling from my collection...

Hey y'all, it's good to be back around. I was just gonna say that I am in dire need of funding and am *sniff* selling... my ...vhs's. God, it's hard. If you wanna check Ebay I am listed as 3dead1dying. But, if there is anything that any of YOU want off of myMorguespace page, just PM me or leave a post. I might not sell EVERYTHING, but I WILL CONSIDER just about anything. Any bids are greatly appreciated, I wouldn't be selling if I didn't have to. Thanks alot, peoples.

Re: Selling from my collection...

If I had a VCR i'd think about it.....but I dont so i cant....

Re: Selling from my collection...

The funny thing is that i still have VCR's here. But hey Horrormonger you know what you can get is a machine where you can take all of your VHS tapes and transfer them all onto DVD. That's what i own and it is so damn awesome and the quality of the DVD's are great quality too.

Re: Selling from my collection...

I understand jmh, not everyone is stuck in the dark ages. But alot of movies aren't officially released on DVD yet.

Re: Selling from my collection...

Hey, i been lookin into one at WAHMART with a 6-head vhs deck and the DVD burner. It records TV too. But, isn't the quality of your DVD copy still pretty much dependant on how well the VHS looks, or does it improve when transferred?

Re: Selling from my collection...

jamhorner wrote:

That Witchboard II, looks pretty cool, only problem is my VHS player keeps eating up my tapes. I had to pay the library over $20 in damaged property. sad

You gotta keep the backup hidden in the closet! I bought three for Y2K...You probably boosted your local libraries budget by about 200%, though.

Re: Selling from my collection...

Um, anyone interested in Electra Avalon's clothes and a pair of screenworn sandals. They are from the Grindhouse movies, from Premiere Props w/ certificates. Sorry, RIP, no undergarments. I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

Re: Selling from my collection...

that is an impressive collection! and im sorry to hear you have to sell them...but i sure am glad to see you back around here!....also i dident see "night of the creeps" on your list, i have been looking for it high & low for a fair price on vhs or dvd otherwise i would be totally interested in that.

Re: Selling from my collection...

ChainSaW80 wrote:

that is an impressive collection! and im sorry to hear you have to sell them...but i sure am glad to see you back around here!....also i dident see "night of the creeps" on your list, i have been looking for it high & low for a fair price on vhs or dvd otherwise i would be totally interested in that.

Shit, I wish I had Night of the Creeps, love it man, it's fun. It has it all: zombies, explosions, killer pets, shotgun blasts to the head, and the 50s. I need it too. My friend DVR'd it off a pay channel and we watched it the other day. If I had a copy, I'd prolly hold onto it ChainSaW, but I haven't ran across it yet.

Re: Selling from my collection...

i havent seen it yet sad  hate to say it but i almost wish they would do a remake so i can get the original on dvd lol

Re: Selling from my collection...

horrormonger wrote:

Hey, i been lookin into one at WAHMART with a 6-head vhs deck and the DVD burner. It records TV too. But, isn't the quality of your DVD copy still pretty much dependant on how well the VHS looks, or does it improve when transferred?

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier. Anyways, you can pretty much do anything with that device. You can not only hook it up to your TV and record right from the TV but also you can mess around with the settings to see how good of a quality you want the transfer on DVD to look. So it all you have to do is just read the manually carefully and walla. You're all set to go. Also you can even just watch movies on their too than just transfering movies from VHS to DVD. Definitely the best purchase you'll ever own. I highly recommend you buying that. The prices differ and they don't cost that much. You should of seen my VHS collection. And i had to do something with all of them but wasn't sure what to do and once i got that device, i transferred all movies onto DVD and didn't have to rebuy each movie individually. You definitely save plenty of money.

Re: Selling from my collection...

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
horrormonger wrote:

Hey, i been lookin into one at WAHMART with a 6-head vhs deck and the DVD burner. It records TV too. But, isn't the quality of your DVD copy still pretty much dependant on how well the VHS looks, or does it improve when transferred?

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier. Anyways, you can pretty much do anything with that device. You can not only hook it up to your TV and record right from the TV but also you can mess around with the settings to see how good of a quality you want the transfer on DVD to look. So it all you have to do is just read the manually carefully and walla. You're all set to go. Also you can even just watch movies on their too than just transfering movies from VHS to DVD. Definitely the best purchase you'll ever own. I highly recommend you buying that. The prices differ and they don't cost that much. You should of seen my VHS collection. And i had to do something with all of them but wasn't sure what to do and once i got that device, i transferred all movies onto DVD and didn't have to rebuy each movie individually. You definitely save plenty of money.

Dude, you should work in sales. Seriously, though, it's now my top priority.  And that way I don't have to wear out my relics after they get transferred to disc. Thanks BDD.

Re: Selling from my collection...

horrormonger wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
horrormonger wrote:

Hey, i been lookin into one at WAHMART with a 6-head vhs deck and the DVD burner. It records TV too. But, isn't the quality of your DVD copy still pretty much dependant on how well the VHS looks, or does it improve when transferred?

Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier. Anyways, you can pretty much do anything with that device. You can not only hook it up to your TV and record right from the TV but also you can mess around with the settings to see how good of a quality you want the transfer on DVD to look. So it all you have to do is just read the manually carefully and walla. You're all set to go. Also you can even just watch movies on their too than just transfering movies from VHS to DVD. Definitely the best purchase you'll ever own. I highly recommend you buying that. The prices differ and they don't cost that much. You should of seen my VHS collection. And i had to do something with all of them but wasn't sure what to do and once i got that device, i transferred all movies onto DVD and didn't have to rebuy each movie individually. You definitely save plenty of money.

Dude, you should work in sales. Seriously, though, it's now my top priority.  And that way I don't have to wear out my relics after they get transferred to disc. Thanks BDD.

lol That's funny as hell. Thanks for the compliment. But i'm glad i got you to want to purchase that machine. Another thing i would like to point out to you is that you would also have to purchase DVD-r's in order to transfer your movies. I believe any type of brand will work.

Re: Selling from my collection...

horrormonger wrote:

Um, anyone interested in Electra Avalon's clothes and a pair of screenworn sandals. They are from the Grindhouse movies, from Premiere Props w/ certificates. Sorry, RIP, no undergarments. I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

Hmmm please do elaborate on this.. I might be interested.. I like props and stuff like that..

Re: Selling from my collection...

wow HM u have a awesome collection , there are soooo many old/rare vhs horror tapes that I want !

Re: Selling from my collection...

Goon wrote:
horrormonger wrote:

Um, anyone interested in Electra Avalon's clothes and a pair of screenworn sandals. They are from the Grindhouse movies, from Premiere Props w/ certificates. Sorry, RIP, no undergarments. I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

Hmmm please do elaborate on this.. I might be interested.. I like props and stuff like that..

A little while after the movie came out in theatres, Premiere Props started selling items on Ebay from the two Grindhouse films. I was trying to get stuff from both of the Terror Twins, but got killed on the auctions for Elise Avellan. So, I ended up with an outfit and sandals from Electra, two seperate auctions . You can see her wearing the clothes in a background shot at the bar in Death Proof. It's a green Levi's tee, an off color mini-skirt, and also an orange, soda-cap necklace from Pop Art. Another auction I won was for a pair of sandals. They came with set dept. tag, too. Simply says "scene 78".  I haven't placed them in the film yet, but they are screen worn. They both came with certificates of authenticiy, with embossed seals, from Premiere Props. I have seen them sell stuff from ALOT of major motion pictures, including the latest Resident Evil and Rob Zombie's Halloween. They are an absolutely legit company, one of the only ones to have rights to Paramount and Weinstein brothers' auctions. I paid a good bit for them, but might have to take a loss, which I am willing to do at this point.

Re: Selling from my collection...

eDogg2012 wrote:

wow HM u have a awesome collection , there are soooo many old/rare vhs horror tapes that I want !

Dude, you, and everyone here, have first dibs, so just let me know if you want ANYTHING. And some of these I WON'T be listing on Ebay, but still might consider getting rid of them, so just PM me about specific titles.

18

Re: Selling from my collection...

You wanna sell Beyond the Door? How much? or PM me cause I have been wanting that film for years.

19

Re: Selling from my collection...

Cool Hm, I emailed you back and yes I will buy Beyond the Door from you.:cool:

Re: Selling from my collection...

hey horrormonger, The big box of Delirium, is that the one about the war guy named Charlie or something along those lines? I have that movie in the Paragon release, just wondering if it was the same one.

Re: Selling from my collection...

Zomboy wrote:

hey horrormonger, The big box of Delirium, is that the one about the war guy named Charlie or something along those lines? I have that movie in the Paragon release, just wondering if it was the same one.

Yeah, that's the one! I have the Academy big box version of it. Actually, it is on Ebay (w/pic.),  with about 2 days left on it right now.

22

Re: Selling from my collection...

The check is in the mail today to you for Beyond the Door on vhs. Coolness!:cool:

Re: Selling from my collection...

RIP wrote:

The check is in the mail today to you for Beyond the Door on vhs. Coolness!:cool:

I sent the movie out a couple of days ago. You should be getting it soon.

24

Re: Selling from my collection...

horrormonger wrote:
RIP wrote:

The check is in the mail today to you for Beyond the Door on vhs. Coolness!:cool:

I sent the movie out a couple of days ago. You should be getting it soon.

Did you get my check yet?

Re: Selling from my collection...

RIP wrote:
horrormonger wrote:
RIP wrote:

The check is in the mail today to you for Beyond the Door on vhs. Coolness!:cool:

I sent the movie out a couple of days ago. You should be getting it soon.

Did you get my check yet?

Yes, RIP, I got the check, and guess what....my bank actually cashed it! Even with all that Georgia bulldog junk all over it. tongue Let me know when you get the movie.