Topic: Favorite Tim Burton directed non-animated film???

Figured I would go with non-animated so we can eliminate Nightmare Before Christmas or the Corpse Bride. 

I couldnt fit all his movies, so you could always go "other" if you though Planet of the Apes, Mars Attacks, or Batman Returns deserves a vote.

Re: Favorite Tim Burton directed non-animated film???

I had to do it. I had to go with the very first one that i have ever seen by Burton. Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I grew up watching that movie and i always loved it from start to finish and i continue to watch it non-stop.

Hell yeah it was classic. But the one specific thing that did it for me. His damn bike. When i first saw that bike, i always wanted it. Hell. I still want that damn bike of his.

Have to be Batman for me - there was such a hype way back then in the 80's and I think Burton proved he could make a fiom that was not the product of his disturbed mind.

"You lost something." Yes! Yes!. "A bicycle." Yes! Where is it? "It's.....it's. In the basement of the Alamo." The Alamo! lol And come on you can't tell me that you didn't want to go to a bar, put on platform shoes and start dancing to Tequila while on the bar.

This was tough, but i had to go w/ "Beetlejuice" cause i love it and grew up with it smile but otherwise i could say the same about Batman i love it also

My choice was tough between Pee Wee, Beetle Juice, and Ed Wood.  Pee Wee is a classic and really the start of it all.  Ed Wood is entierly underrated.  great performances, really funny, and overall just a great great film. 

But I had to go with Beetlejuice.  Michael keaton as Juice is one of those iconic roles that I dont know how many people could nail.  The atmosphere was really good considering whe whole thing was primarily set in an old house.  Great humor, great FX(back in the day) and all around his most original movie.  Two thumbs up!  tongue

As this was an "in one" vote, it had to be Ed Wood.  But it's like choosing between children. THere were parts of Mars Attacks and The Planet of the Apes remake that WERE pretty good.  You can't go wrong on the casting no matter what.

I had to go with Beetlejuice. I have loved this movie since I was a little kid, granted, I enjoy it more now. But I still want to see Ed Wood, I heard it was horrible but that doesn't seem to be the main idea here.

As much as I love Beetlejuice and PeeWee, I have to go with Sleepy Hollow as it is one of my favorite tales of American folklore to begin with

Edward Scissorhand. Just because its a childhood fav.
Ive hated most things hes made after Ed Wood smile

This is a tough one.  As much as I want to say "Beetlejuice" and "PeeWee", I'm going to have to go with "other", as I am forced to choose "Mars Attacks!".  It's just, such a fun movie.  I love it.

Beetlejuice is my favorite Tim Burton film. I'm no fan of his but I do like Beetlejuice.

Edward Sissorhands is synonymous with Tim Burton to me, but gosh this was a hard poll.

this is such a hard choice, but i went w/ Big Fish. as much as i enjoy every one listed Big Fish is such a moving story. if it had not been a choice then Beetlejuice would have got my vote.

as much as i loved Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands, i had to go with Sweeney Todd

Ed Wood, definitely, don't even have to think about it.  What a wonderfully loving, tongue-in-cheek send-up of the notoriously-labeled "Worst Director of all Time."  Burton's made some great movies, but Ed Wood...just perfect in every way, to me.

I've never been that big of a fan of his work but I did love "Ed Wood"

"Sleepy Hollow" without a doubt for me.  The ethereal lighting and brooding backdrops Burton delivers so well come alive full force in this haunting re-telling of a beloved piece of literature.

And the Headless Horseman is BADASS!

moviemaven wrote:

And the Headless Horseman is BADASS!

he was bad ass because he was christopher walken!

i loved sleepy hollow, bot sure if i could only pick one though because beetlejuice was so much fun too.

and lets not forget frankenweenie....

Oh my, this was a hard choice. I ended up going with Edward Scissorhands. If I didn't pick that, it would have been Beetlejuice. Both of those were some of my favorite movies growing up, still love 'em. Sleepy Hollow is great as well, but those 2, definately my favorites.

I am surprised to see Sleepy Hollow do so well.  I honestly think is one of his lesser movies.

I'm gonna have pick "Mars Atacks". I love great satire! That and Sleepy Hollow are the two I've re-watched the most. My dad liked Slim Whitman.

Edward Scissorhands but in all fairness Ive yet to see Sweeney.

Tim Burton is a complete nut but sometimes that fact seems to make him a genius sometimes or maybe just an idiot savant.  I have to give the nod to Batman as his best film, however, I have to give honourable mentions to Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Pee Wee.