Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

A pilot is officially in the works for "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," a television series that will follow the life of Sarah Connor and her son John after the events of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day." David Nutter has been chosen by Warner Brothers to direct the pilot, as his name is synonymous with successful shows getting off the ground. Past examples of Nutter’s first episode standouts, the WB hits "Smallville" and "Supernatural" as well as the past shows "Jack & Bobby" and "Roswell." Nutter is also known for his work on the Chris Carter phenomenon that was "The X-Files." Nutter has worked on James Cameron’s material before also, having directed the pilot for Cameron’s television series "Dark Angel."

I am very excited for this so long as its done RIGHT. IE, not like the blade series on Spike that I despise, Read more. http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9822.html

Re: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Seems like this should be cool.  A lot of material to play around with and a lot of material to screw up.  I am very interested to see who they get to play Sarah Conner and the young John.

yeah me to bro. This has the potential to be a truly bad ass show! I would like to see a movie based on this as well.

It sounds like this Nutter guy has some experience.  He even did work for one of my all time favorite shows, The X-Files.  I think I might have to give this one a shot.  But, for this one I'm not going to give it to much hype.  However, I wasnt the biggest fan of the Terminator movies.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-04 14:01:07)

I like the Terminator films and feel like there is definate potential in this.  T3 was decent...by far not as good as T1 or T2 but still a good film in its own right.

I liked T2 but beyond that I'm not much of a fan. Never even bothered to see T3, by than Arnold was an old man and I just couldn't bare to see Terminator limping around.. T1 was OK I guess.. just a bit odd to go from T2 to T1 the way I did..

i really enjoyed T3. you are missing out by not seeing it goon. I think this series will draw in some fans. You think Arnold will do a cameo as the Governor? lol.

Well, I have to kinda disagree with a lot of people.  I hated all the Terminator films.  I would say its due to Arnold and his poor acting ability IMO.  The only films of his I slightly enjoyed were the Predators, but I still wasnt the biggest fans of those either.

your just jealous you cant recite shakespeare like he can smile

I liked the Terminator movies and I never get tired watching them over and over again.
But I don't understand what this series will try to do.
It won't be in the future by the sound of it, unless the future comes back. But thats been done already, so I don't know.
I'm interested to find out though.

Meh wrote:

your just jealous you cant recite shakespeare like he can smile

that must be it lol

haha....actually I'm jealous of his accent causing me to crticize his acting abilities.

rofl. Honestly the terminator is one of the most creative sci fi stories and the franchise still has a ton of potential.

Big Terminator fan here and I'm curious to see what they'd do with a series.

This should be an interesting show.  I look forward to maybe watching it.  I enjoyed all of the Terminator movies although I think the second was the best.  This show sounds interesting because they could do so much with it, although I must agree with you guys when you say that it can get screwed up easily.  They have to be very careful at that.  I also heard that they are working on T4.  It is supposed to take place in the future so I wonder what it will be like as it won't have the Terminator back in time thing anymore which really made the series what it was, that and Arnold.  I don't think Arnold will be in T4 either.  Not from the way I understand.  Show should still be interesting though.

Eh, the only movie to T.V series that I enjoyed were Tremors and Some of StarGate SG-1. I'll check it out, but my expectations aren't high.

looks pretty good. i watched alot of sg1 too, that also rocked. doesnt sound like there will be much action in this movie tho.

Leon wrote:

Eh, the only movie to T.V series that I enjoyed were Tremors and Some of StarGate SG-1. I'll check it out, but my expectations aren't high.

When did the Tremors show air, I didn't know they made a series of it.  Did it follow the original or did it use the creatures from the sequels?

vorwald2006 wrote:

It is supposed to take place in the future so I wonder what it will be like as it won't have the Terminator back in time thing anymore which really made the series what it was, that and Arnold.  I don't think Arnold will be in T4 either.  Not from the way I understand.  Show should still be interesting though.

A Terminator movie without Arnold.... I don't like it already.

vorwald2006 wrote:
Leon wrote:

When did the Tremors show air, I didn't know they made a series of it.  Did it follow the original or did it use the creatures from the sequels?

It picked up after the third movie and involved all forms of the movie Graboids with a few new monsters thrown in their for good measure. It was cancelled, but I thought it was one of the best movie-to mini series to be made. Why Sci-fi got rid of it for shows likeTripping the Rift is a question that may nver be answered

Tremors was a pretty good TV series, but sure didn't last long. I never saw Tremors 3 so that was the first time I heard of and saw the Ass Blasters.
That was fuuny

Tremors 3 wasn't as good as the first two, but stilla pretty decent film. Tremors 4 wasn't too bad either. For a Sci-fi channel movie that is. I wouldn't suggest trying to buy either film on DVD, but if you happen to see them on Sci-fi then you might want to check them out.

its been cast and moving ahead, i am stoked http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10399.html

I really liked all of the terminator movies and will probably always be a fan, I;m not sure where they would go with the show but as long as there are robots and guns and shit exploding I'm all for it. I like the woman they chose to play Sarah Connor it it's the one I am thinking of, I'm surprised they didn't get Linda Hamilton, is her recent schedule really that busy?

I'll be checking that out to see where it goes