Topic: Tales From The Crypt

Anybody pick up all 7 seasons of TFTC?

I have only picked up the first 2 seasons so far ,Wow I notice the special features really dwindle in the later seasons

Re: Tales From The Crypt

Haven't yet.  I never watched it when it was on....didn't have the channel so I'm not breaking my neck, but I have loved the ones I saw and I was crazy about the movies.

I was always a Tales From the Darkside fan myself.

just the first season for me so far.....

I haven't picked up any of the seasons. But i do get to watch the show every single day on Chiller TV. That's one of the main reasons why i love that channel so much.

I've never watched the show before. I saw the original movie which I really enjoyed, but didn't quite know whether the show looked like it was worth it or not. Is it?

The shows are simply awesome as hell and addicting. Each episode has a different stories and different cameos by different well known actors and actresses are in each episode. Not one single one is boring and how each episode ends are awesome as hell. I would pick them up. I highly recommend them.

I loved those shows back in the day, as well as the Hitchhiker series.

i didnt know you coud pick up the seasons. i love that show but i havent seen it in a long time sad
i'm gonna buy the seasons now that i know you can buy them

I would not get the last two unless you get a good price honestly, the show jumped the shark so to speak....

i only have season 1 so far but i hope to get the rest.
never really caught them on hbo since i havent had hbo in a really long time,so going only by the repeats i liked what ive watched.

I haven't picked up any yet but I can still remember them.  Also, I have a couple episodes on VHS when someone taped them for me and my family.  I want to pick them up on DVD and maybe someday I will. 

Out of curiousity, wasn't there a cartoon version of it as well?  I vaguely remember it being on CBS on Saturdays when I was little.  The only one I remember (and vaguely at that) was one that took place at a carnival or a dock or something.  I'm fairly certain there was a cartoon version but I cannot be sure.

they have them all on deepdiscount.com at 75% off you can get them for about 20 bucks each

jamhorner wrote:

YES!!!! One of my favorite horror tv shows that ever was broadcasted, aside from the X-Files.

I really enjoyed X-Files in the beginning when it was pure.  I was put off in later seasons by the strangled plotlines.

I've not seen a sngle show but have been tempted to buy them - are they worth the $40.00 per season price tag is the question.

Sorry to get off the Tales from the Crypt subject. But you guys realize that X-Files suck and was not horror. It was Sci-Fi.

yeah x-files did loose its way after awhile (especially after andersons unplanned pregnancy forced them to change atleast 1 entire season).

but id totally love the first few seasons, and more of tales from the crypt...*hint hint*

jamhorner wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Sorry to get off the Tales from the Crypt subject. But you guys realize that X-Files suck and was not horror. It was Sci-Fi.

I never classified it as horror, I only mentioned it because it was one of my favorite "mature" TV-shows when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to watch anything above a TV13, so I had to stay up late and watch those shows.

Plus, I enjoyed the X-Files, but to each it's own.

Oh ok. Now i got it. Well that sure sucked that you weren't allowed to watch it period.

id classify x-files as both horror and sci-fi really.

some of the episodes were definitely more horror themed more then others

Yeah you can get theTFTC on DVD over at DEEP DISCOUNT DVD for $20.
Sweet !

vorwald2006 wrote:

I haven't picked up any yet but I can still remember them.  Also, I have a couple episodes on VHS when someone taped them for me and my family.  I want to pick them up on DVD and maybe someday I will. 

Out of curiousity, wasn't there a cartoon version of it as well?  I vaguely remember it being on CBS on Saturdays when I was little.  The only one I remember (and vaguely at that) was one that took place at a carnival or a dock or something.  I'm fairly certain there was a cartoon version but I cannot be sure.

Yeah ,It was called TALES FROM THE CYPTKEEPER ,Once again the ol'Cryptkeeper got in trouble with the grumpy moms,The kids cartoon business is crazy since the 80s

This is definitely my 2nd favorite show of all time and easily my favorite horror show. I have all 7 seasons and have re-watched every single episode! I know that series inside & out!

I wouldn't mind the whole lot on dvd, i am a fan of the series & have 2 vhs with 3 episodes each but i have seen a lot of them on tv over the years. One of my vhs goes under the title Vault of Horror volume 3 & has 2 of my faves on it. Abra Cadaver & Carrion Death.

I used to watch that show every week back in the day.  Funny that I can only remember a couple episodes -- the one directed by Arnold Schwarzenegger and featuring Rick Rosovitch (sp) and William Hickey being a favorite.

I don't own any of the DVDs yet -- I'm too busy buying every season of Oz and 21 Jump Street at the moment.