Topic: New Night of the Living Dead Movie

A new movie cometh and we have the complete low down before anyone else. What do you think? This guy sounds like he is definitely on the right tracks!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6634.html

Re: New Night of the Living Dead Movie

If he does it right, then I can't complain. I love a good zombie film and I'll end up watching this one way or another. I'm hoping this is the last of the NOTLD remakes though.

Well so far it looks better than Night of the Living Dead 3D, so I'm ready.  I just kinda get tired of people remaking cult classics.  It never works.  I might be wrong about this one, but I highly doubt it.

this by the sounds of things is a very low budget indie flick. wishing him the best of luck with it.

Low budget can be a good thing in certain cases. It can force film makers to focus more on just gore and cheesy effects.

Plus, the original Night of the Living Dead back in 1968 was shot on a very low budget as well.

you got it leon. Its why i am having some faith. I actually would like to see them shoot it in black and white.

this looks like it is gonna be pretty good. i never saw the original but i heard the remake was better anyway.

yeah the remake was better.... tom savini i have said many times, needs to direct more films with George romero doing the writing.

I think its pretty controversial.  I personally liked the original better.  But, a lot of people liked the remake more so I cant judge.

Well, the original NOTLD will always hold a place in my heart, but Savini's version is definitely my favorite. For me, It's like Savini took Romero's movie and perfected it. I don't think anyone will be able to beat Savini's version as far as remakes go, but hopefully this version will be something worth seeing.

I am gonna keep my fingers crossed!  There are so many TERRIBLE zombie movies that have been made over the years.  I loved both the original and the remake, both had their own thing goin on.  The grit of the original adds so much to the vibe.  Is it true I read that there is open casting?

I liked the original way more than the remake too. Hopefully this new one will have something good to it

I liked the remake better, primarily because I liked the reimagined Barbara and Cooper's death.  In the original she was such a wall flower.  In the remake she started that way, then had no choice but to get tough...and then she offed Cooper.  I love that.  I also liked Ben's death better in the remake.

The original does have a place in my heart, though. 

As far as remakes go, I'm really not that excited about yet another remake of this particular movie, though I agree that filming it in Black and White would be a good way to go.  I was working on a very low budget zombie flick a couple days ago and suggested to the writer that he do that very thing, since the fx budget was so low.  Shadows, blacks are much darker in B&W.  I told him to watch the '68 version for ideas on how to save money.  Such as violence off screen.  Less gunplay, more improvised weapons (as he for various reasons cannot use squibs)stuff like that.  He listened to my ideas, chose a few, discarded the rest.  Unfortunately, for various reasons I had to leave the project, but I wish him the best of luck.

I digress.....

I'll take a wait and see attitude, but I'd rather film makers come up with more original ideas.  If we're to get remakes I'd rather see remakes of movies that weren't so good originally.  Ones that could definetly use some improvement.  NOTLD is about perfect already...I'm not certain how one could improve upon it.

da remake has that dude from candyman in it right?. datz da 1 i have on vhs

your thinking a different movie, click the link.

just got sent the first pic from the film check it out, i dig it http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6875.html

I like that he's not doing a total reamke but just keeping the indie feel and original spirit of the first film. I hope he gets a good dist deal so everyone has a chance to see it.

i think alot of small budget movies r better then the big hollywood movies for some reason i dunno y but i will b checking this movie out

I agree that some low budget movies can be better than mega hollywood movies. The high budget movies can sometimes be so overblown, when the small budget movies can make it seem more "real" as if it's happening right next door

yeah i totally agree indie is not a bad stigma

at least someone agrees with me on this i no people who saw maybe 3 indie movies and they all sucked and they alll arent winners u have to watch alot fo them i picked up an indie movie every week a new i havent seen cuz hollywood keeps getting them and i watch em some are a waste of time and others are good

I just played a zombie in the movie  tonight. Fun time, nice guy hope it turns out good.

I got some pics i took if anyone would like to see.

Email them to the site, and I bet you could get a feature written. Or even better, write up your onsite experiences.