Topic: sequel to 'The Mummy Returns ?'

I enjoy a read and I was given the web addy to an author recently who is writing the continuation of the Stephen Sommers 'Mummy stories !' he's also a brilliant Sci Fi and Adventure writer but horror wise pretty cool and I am enjoying the two books online !
would NOT surprise me if these end up movies ! www.lotus.jesscorbin.com and www.mummy.jesscorbin.com  the other book to the awakening is his Curse of the mummy but its supposedly set in the future and how that happens well the intro occurs at the end of the awakening ? I quite the sound of that one ! though the one about the terracotta warriors is definitely a fav of mine at the moment ! especially with kids they can read the pages I print off !
I like them cos they're not ott but more classic horror ! though I enjoy movies like the Texas Chainsaw massacre CULT ! to others I do enjoy a CLASSIC horror not so much hollywood in your face spoof as true fun and interesting !
Is it me or have I found some authors who used to write good horror becoming rare ?
or is it the more established writers hogging the limelight ? can't make my mind up !
Anous

Re: sequel to 'The Mummy Returns ?'

ther are some really good authors out there but they are few and far between and it just depends how you like your horror. most of thenew writers are very gory as opposed to scary.

or crude, they just throw in sex for the sake of doing it.

yea, unfortunately, it seems like some are really trying to get the shock value thing going again and say they are pushing the envelope but really it just following in the footsteps of others.

Meh wrote:

or crude, they just throw in sex for the sake of doing it.

Yeah, whats up with that? I've been scoping through a lot of horror books lately and even a lot of the good ones have a sex scene thrown in(The Rising being one of them).

Wasn't there a part in City of the Dead (Brian's Keene sequel to Rising) where he had someone being forced to stick his "member" into a hole in a wall and the zombies on the other side ripped it off. And he goes into graphic detail. I'm all for sex an such, but come on.

By the way I loved both of those books.

Adog wrote:

Wasn't there a part in City of the Dead (Brian's Keene sequel to Rising) where he had someone being forced to stick his "member" into a hole in a wall and the zombies on the other side ripped it off. And he goes into graphic detail. I'm all for sex an such, but come on.

By the way I loved both of those books.

That scene was from the prequel, The Rising actually. Even with some of the very explicit and crude scenes found in both of Keene's zombie novel's, they both remain excellent works of horror literature.