Topic: Diary of the Dead Set Visit

We have been invited to a set visit of George Romero's Diary of the Dead Tomorrow. Tim Hannigan the front man in TO for our site will be hitting the set and hopefully be able to report in with a set report quickly!

George Romero kicks ass, and I am really excited to see what Tim thinks since he and I are big fans.

Re: Diary of the Dead Set Visit

Very cool.. can't wait to hear about all the goodies are bud Tim "Hostel" Hannigan can dig up..

Very cool.  Can't wait.  smile

I am so jealous, I wanna go, please, I'll be your best friend! Well, if I can't go i am at least really excited to read the report from the front. Right on guys, thanks for being so kick ass and getting the set visit.

Sounds great. Can't wait to hear about it

I cant wait for his report.  I'm always excited to hear about new things regarding this upcoming Romero flick.  Plus, Tim has a very cool name.

i now think this movie willl be good cuz from the pics the army guys in it and the beginning of the zombie outbreak it sounds very koool to have it start over again and im loookign forward to the day he finishes it and the first trailer comes online and btw does anyone no if its gonna be a direct to video or goign to theaters

It's a low budget direct to dvd my friend.  I will be pickin' this up without viewing it first...thats how much I trust George Romero.

Here is an update from Tim Hannigan.

I went out to the set but unfortunately the film wrapped early today (which sounds like everything is going well with the filming).

They are going to try to schedule me to come back tomorrow when they're filming downtown Toronto.  I have been told tomorrow is a good day because there will be a lot of Zombie madness!

They are really working hard to get him on set and we really appreciate it.

cool, we all like the zombie madness. i am sort of glad that this will be a direct ot DVD release, it probably gives the director more freedom and I'm with you guys I will probably pick this one up unseen just because it is George Romero.

yeah direct to dvd isnt bad, i have no problem with it. i will buy it.

Definatly.  There is dreck on direct to dvd...but a lot of good stuff on direct to DVD so let Romero lose and let him do whatever he wants with no restrictions.  Though, I imagine they might do a limited release for like sneak peeks or something like what happened with THE DESCENT or FEAST. 

Either way...I am grabbing this.

I sure don't mind it being direct to DVD. I think this movie is going to be really good. I just have a feeling that Romero has something special up his sleeve for us.

set visit first report posted.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6882.html

Just read the report. Sounds pretty bad ass.

we will have some images from the set for monday morning, just waiting for them to arrive.

Brace yourselfs, Cause i think we are in for something realy good, I have a good feeling about this film.

I've got the same feeling Norrock. I don't care how this film is released as long as we get to see it the way Romero wants us too.

I have never seen a Romero-directed Zombie Film on the big screen first... I've always had to catch it on Video first.  I was too young for Night, wasn't interested for Dawn (discovered it about 4 years later), Day never opened here and I couldnt get my fecal matter aggregated to make it to Land.

SO straight to DVD?  Doesn't bother me.

Well Land of the Dead is the only Romero zombie flick i got to see on the big screen, And i am glad i did, I just wished it would have come out in a time where they would not have cut most of the gore out. I myself think it is a very smart move for Romero to take his story back to the start, It will be nice to know what happened in the world outside the farm house.

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

Brace yourselfs, Cause i think we are in for something realy good, I have a good feeling about this film.

I totally agree with ya Norrock:)
Night of the living dead..had a zombie party in my grandfathers basement, we "rented" the film from the Aliquppia library and played it on reel to reel. It was awesome.
Dawn of the Dead was a great date night at the drive-in, although I didn't appreciate my freinds coming back from the snackbar and zombie attacking the car..lol I think it was Dawn of the dead and Rabid playing together, cuz I came home late and was grounded..oh my wasted youth.
I am such a baaaad girl:)
I didn't catch Day of the dead until it hit dvd and then rented it three years ago.
but I really am glad to find a hopeful resurgance of zombie movies and a great crowd of appreciative fans that can join my thrill of the genre.

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2006-11-11 13:09:19)

I can't wait for this to come out.  So pumped and ready for it.

Still remember the night I bought DAWN and watched it in the BoQ room in Norfolk...man I was thinking whoever had made this must have been doing some powerful stuff cause despite playing Resident Evil and seeing the movie...never saw a full zombie film.  I dunno what it was..but it changed by life forever.

I really hope there are some good gags in this one.

So um did the images not arrive yet or what guys? I've been waiting to see em all week hmm