Topic: The Hitcher Moved Again

The hitcher release date has been moved back to 2007 after just being moved up, uh oh.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_10406.html

Re: The Hitcher Moved Again

Is this a remake? It sure sounds familiar, like I've seen it before.
Picking up a hitchhiker who admits to being a murderer then stalks him! I'm sure I've seen that plot before, maybe a tv episode of something. I just don't remember where.

Yea, first one is great...has C. Thomas Howell in an actual good role, Rutger Hauer as the HITCHhikER...check it out, very good one.  The Hitcher 2 is very weak...

I haven't seen the original.  But imo the best role C. Thomas Howell has had was as Thomas Chamberlain in GETTYSBURG. 

I have seen the sequel.  Jake Busey was a good bad guy but it just seemed to tread over what I read about the original plot.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-11-13 16:12:50)

Yay another remake!!!  The original Hitcher was a good flick.  Dont really know bout' this one.  Hope it doesnt suck like most remakes do.

I bet it will.

But, the upside (and imo the ONLY upside to remakes) is that the original will probably get a stellar DVD treatment beforehand.  Its happened to basically most other original films that get the remake treatment.

Luckily for me, I have not yet purchased a copy of The Hitcher.  Somewhat like Black Christmas, its a good time to pick up the original versions before the crappy remakes hit us hard.

Here's the trailer
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=8bfcf … mp;fg=copy

looks greats

This does not bode well for the remake.  Mr Gold, I'm with you I can't wait for the inevitable DVD release of the original.  I never liked the original bare bones DVD release.  Plus...snapper cases.  Though I usually don't double dip, I will this time.  I hope the new release of the original will be as good or better then the R2 release.