Topic: Pulse (Kairo)

This is a pretty good Japanese film about ghosts and the internet.
The film is kinda grainy and its pretty dark, as in low lighting. It's a little confusing but makes more sense if you keep up with it. A little more sense anyways smile
Anyone else see this flick?

Re: Pulse (Kairo)

I"ve seen it and I really didn't like it that much.. Its one of those really weird Japanese movies like Suicide Circle (Club).. I was really expecting it to be a great movie since so many people talk about how great it is.. So it was a bit of a let down.. It has a couple good death scenes but its not at all creepy or unsettling which is something I really like Asian cinema for..

I liked it, but Goon is right, barring one or two scenes it's not that unsettling or scary, the empty Tokyo was pretty good though, but the ending was pretty much incomprehensible upon first viewing...still, I liked the pop up windows with the ghost wafting further towards the screen.

I agree that it wasn't all that creepy. I bought it from reading about it and was expecting more from it, But still I thought it was an OK flik.

One death scene was pretty wild though. Looked like it was done on one take, but the person would have really died if it was, the tower scene.

Goon wrote:

I"ve seen it and I really didn't like it that much.. Its one of those really weird Japanese movies like Suicide Circle (Club).. I was really expecting it to be a great movie since so many people talk about how great it is.. So it was a bit of a let down.. It has a couple good death scenes but its not at all creepy or unsettling which is something I really like Asian cinema for..

speaking of Suicide club, did anyone understood what the hell was going on???

hey goon, check ou one missed call (1 and 2), the eye (1, 2 and 10) and shutter...

they are very good asian movies...

Heh Zelda you are talking to one of the biggest advocators of asian cinema.. I've seen One Missed Call, The Eye 1 and 2.. I'm waiting for The Eye 10 and Shutter to hit DVD.. I really want to see Shutter.. I have heard some great things about it so I'm anxiously awaiting the DVD launch of that film..

Shutter is a very excellent Thai film! I don't typically like Thai movies but Shutter is good. I'm waiting for more news about P~. That's another Thailand based film that looks good.

I have never seen this one, but of course have heard about the remake "Pulse".  I have heard good and bad things from the remake.  I will of course have to see for myself.

Just saw PULSE and I'll be writing a review of the film - but Kurosawa bored me again.

-deadmanwalkin

I'll be interested in your review and what you thought of it

Pulse was very good. The first time I watched it was nonplussed but decided to watch it again and really liked it a lot. Pulse needs to be watched more than once to take in all the subtle points.