Topic: slither

slither came out today and this i think was alot better then dawn of the dead remake and i was wondering wat u guys think bout it cuz i no i liked it and i was disappointed that it came in 8th place its opening weekend and i thought it should have been in #1 place

Re: slither

Yes it should have been in first place. I think alot of us horror fans despise the loud, obnoxious ,cell phone using, seat kicking teenage crowds that fill up the theatres and throw shit everywhere. I enjoy a more intimate and quieter setting when watching films and with a half decent setup at home, I usually wait until the dvd comes out. No one beats a horror fan when it comes to double and tripple dipping dvds so I imagine Slither will get lots of love in this format.

Slither is an awesome flick.  It was such a shame to see it bomb in the box office.  I'll be picking it up today or tommorow for sure.

Actually I love the theatre experience and I don't think anything will ever replace.. Theres something to be said about seeing a film in its purest form on film in a theatre where the director invisioned it. I think the problem here was that it was such a hard sell to the general public..

Thats the problem that us hardcore horror fans face. We are really at the mercy of the general public. We are not as big as we sometimes think we are.

Gonn has a point but when you see a horror movie it seems you get one of two crowds. A. A bunch of teenagers that just want to talk to each other or on the phone through the whole thing. or B. a bunch of us horror junkies that make it a great exp.

I know.  That bugged the shit out of me, too.  If you recall, the number one film at the time was "When  A Stranger Calls."  There were 15 sorority girls sitting together when I saw that crap...which only made it all the worse.  I was so pissed off when I saw Slither and how damn good it was that it was taking backseat to bubblegum. 

To answer your original question, though, I LOVE it!!! tongue

And don't forget the parents who bring their young kids into it.  It has happened to me so many times, the kids screams for so long and the parents don't hush them.  Despite the rowdy fellow teens, that has only happened to me seeing Waiting and Jarhead...thankfully not with any horror films.

And, I did think Slither would hit #1 as it was such a kick ass flick and ORIGINAL. Ticks me off more than anything that the originals bust while the remakes do well.

But, I am definatly gonna get Slither on DVD as soon as I get the dough.  Upside, no fear of double dipping as I read an interview with Gunn this morning on ign where he said there will only be 1 edition of the DVD.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/741/741967p2.html

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-10-26 07:42:30)

It kinda depends on the theatre crowd for me.  I do not like it when its a bunch of obnoxious kids yelling at the top of there lungs, throwing shit everywhere, talking on there cellphones, getting up and dancing around the theatre for no reason, and crap like that.  Now when the audience really gets into the film, then its a great experience.  For instance, when the audience claps at the beginning and end of the film, screams at the scary points, cheers and claps at the heroic and gory parts, is really an awesome experience.  That makes me glad I payed the 6 bux to get in.

I was worried about another loaded edition of Slither coming out not to long from here.  Luckily that wont happen, and I wont have to double dip.  Thanks for the info Golden.  Appreciate it as usual.

When the audience is crap...the movie experiance dies for me.  The most fun I have ever had in the theatre was the first showing of Alien vs Predator, all the seats were full and the whole room was up in cheers as folks rooted for the Alien or Predator and cheered when one or the other would get killed.  Seeing The Desecent at Fango's sneak peek was also a lot of fun...I was happy I wasn't the only guy screaming like a girl.  smile

Np about the info.  I was worried too about 4 months down the road an Unrated cut with a bunch of extra blood and gore and a second disc loaded with stuff. I know I would have bought it.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-10-26 10:28:19)

I would like to thank you for the info as well.  smile  I want that DVD so bad but I have been burned too many times by not waiting.  Now I know its okay to go ahead and indulge.  Yay!

Yea I was a little worried after the purchase.. But when I saw it was Universal I wasn't as on edge. They aren't really known for double dipping like Lionsgate, Sony and Anchor Bay are..

Slither is one those movies that you love to love. Too much good stuff. Too much fun.

Loved it 8/10

Slither was great. 

the fat chick karaoke the crying game made me pee.